Navigator help please!

Leaving on the navigator in a couple of weeks but struggling to find much about the ship, only negatives mostly! Can anyone help me with some top tips, must do’s, favourite areas etc? First time RCL cruisers here!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Navigator is a fantastic ship! I would search YouTube for a Navigator of the Seas walkthrough.

Be sure to ask when the Ice Shows are going to occur and how they handle tickets. There are also free skate hours if you wish to do it yourself.

Check the nightly entertainment schedule to see if the shows interest you. No reservations needed (except check how they handle the ice show as already mentioned)

One in particular that we love every time is the 70's Disco Inferno in the Royal Promenade. Dancing, music, lights, and the RCI staff really get into it. It gets really full so you may want to stake out a spot a little early. The cruise director and crew will be up on the elevated bridge about halfway down the promenade, dancing their butts off, throwing out random swag. good times.

One thing that we did was the Sushi class during the lunch period in Izumi. It was so much fun and you got to eat the rolls and nigiri that you made during the class (easily enough for 3 people). I think the cost was maybe $30 or so? I did the class with my younger daughter and we had a blast. I don't think we both paid, just me.

Deck 5 is the primary inside deck, with the Royal Promenade. This is a front to back of ship 4 story high central corridor. We love it. This has the Cafe Promenade with the free pizza and finger sandwiches, and coffee most hours of the day. It also has shops, a beer pub, and wine bar.

One floor down is the Schooner bar with nightly piano player, and other venues.

The pool deck has a ton to offer. Rock Climbing, Flow Rider surf simulator, mini golf, basketball, pools, multiple hot tubs and bars. The pool deck and deck above have great views out to sea.

You will find that there is so much to do that it is hard to fit it all in.

Most dining is in the back of the ship, and the theater, main lounge, and ice skating rink in the front.

The Windjammer buffet is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but don't forget that so is the Main Dining Room. Honestly, many times we prefer to order lunch in the main dining room and enjoy the peace and quiet and great atmosphere.

Happy Sailing!!!

Dan

Leaving on the navigator in a couple of weeks but struggling to find much about the ship, only negatives mostly! Can anyone help me with some top tips, must do’s, favourite areas etc? First time RCL cruisers here!

Good start on Navigator here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/royal-caribbean/navigator

Love the navigator sailed on her for third time last November, do not miss the ice show, really like that they have four specialty restaurants Izumi is my favorite. Guitar player singer in pub last year was great. Ice show is only show that will be crowded but will be repeated several times, saw it twice first show was SRO, last show less than half full.

I enjoy that class of ship. We just sailed on her at the end of August (got off exactly a month ago). I will say she is showing some wear and it's evident that the dry dock at the end of the year is needed. But, none of that detracted from our fun!

On our sailing there were no tickets required for the ice show, but I was just reading a review where they were assigned. We had 3 sea days, so that might have had something to do with it. The show was offered on the first night (but at a different time than the welcome aboard show, so you could have done both), and then twice on each of the first two sea days. The ice shows always amaze me - I can't believe the do the tricks they do on that small a rink, and on a moving ship. (On Navigator it wasn't that rough the day we saw the show, but when we sailed Explorer, which is the same class, I could feel the movement).

We enjoyed the Schooner Bar in the evenings. The pub is also nice. We went to the show that was the Broadway songs, and also to the headliner comedian/impersonator. We enjoyed both, although we did not get some of the comedian's bits because he was British (we sailed from Southampton) and we are not.

We also did the puzzle mystery that was offered one evening. We had a lot of fun even though we didn't solve it! (It is an escape-room-like experience, minus being locked in the room, where you have a certain amount of time to solve a series of clues.) We also did a few trivia games.

We took the All-Access Tour, which was really interesting. My mom did the galley tour brunch. We were meant to have lunch in Chops but we had to cancel because the all-access tour got moved back, and then ran long. So, we were refunded for that.

I always think I am going to do so much on sea days and then somehow they fly by! I wanted to do mini golf with my niece but we never fit it in!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply! Sounds like a blast, I skate so I’ll be sure to check out the ice rink, and as for the British humour we’re from the U.K. so will be right up our street! Thanks everyone x

Will be on the Navigator in Nov for the third time. Love this class of ships. Just large/small enough. There is so much to do or not to do, depending on you. Besides what has been mention, go to the Quest, be early. It is a funny show. Say no to the "packages" they try to sell as soon as you get on if you are not interested. Read and mark on the compass. It will help you plan events and tell you if you need ice show tickets and where to pick them up at.(1x had to have tickets second time I didn't). If they offer the pasta class, take it. It was so much fun. Remember most reviews are to complain. Go with an open mind and enjoy.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply! Sounds like a blast, I skate so I’ll be sure to check out the ice rink, and as for the British humour we’re from the U.K. so will be right up our street! Thanks everyone x

There are not too many open skates so make sure you check the Cruise Compass to find out times. You do not need to being skates. They are provided at no charge. Long pants and socks are required to participate.

Definitely enjoy the ice show.

As first timers may I recommend that you join the meet and mingle party before the ship sails. There are usually new cruisers in the group. Other tips do not let rccl convert the bill to your currency unless you are American let your bank do it.

you could join a large dinning table as likely be people on it to give tips.

you will receive the daily programme of events the night before so you can plan what you want to do. look out for daily offers,

you can take on board two bottles of wine on embarkation day for your cabin.

do not sign up for anything first day, remember if sailing from uk drink price includes the 18% tip in the price.

the staff are there to help, do not be afraid to ask they are used to it.

have a great cruise j

Days at sea check out the lunch in the MDR, used to be a great salad bar.

The Navigator otS is a wonderful ship, I loved to sail on her and was so glad, when she came back to Europe after her Galvaston-years.... ;p

My favorite places to be are

The helicopter pad (the same on all Voyager/Freedom Class Ships) and

The peek-a-boo bridge to have a look into the bridge and/or a wonderful view over the ocean..... (the Explorer or the Indi doesn't offer this opportunity) :loudcry:

Have a wonderful Cruise and enjoy!

Thank you everyone for this thread, we are cruising on her in December. My first on RCCL, and bringing three who are completely new to cruising.

Our first RCI cruise was on Navigator and have sailed twice on her since. Two more times next spring. Very similar feel to smaller Princess ships, great crew, never seems crowded. Good ship to hook people on cruising.

I board Navigator on Friday and can’t wait. Navigator was my first cruise back in 2007 and I was hooked. Being my first ship I have always had a soft spot for her, and this will by 4th cruise on Navigator next week.

Few tips..

as said before, head to the helipad at the front of the ship for amazing views.

Take shower gel, shampoo etc with you. The stuff supplied is awful.

Prepare yourself for a hefty 18% tip when getting drinks.. something us Brits don’t like!

Get to the theatre early to get a good seat. This also applies to Schooner bar which fills up quickly.

Solarium hot tubs are usually quieter than main pool and there is a large indoor hot tub in the gym.

More importantly... enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums