Elite cocktail hour on eclipse

GeorgesGal

Yes. Three drinks for the evening. Your card(s) will be taken and scanned even in Lounge during the HH (5 to 7) or at any of the bars. We also always have the BP.

Well someone needs to give Bean the program as on our roll call he/ she insisted that I was in the wrong and there were unlimited drinks in the Elite lounge. Which I totally admit I could have been as I havent been on Celebrity since 2008 and only have 6 or 7 cruises on celebrity and received my Elite status from my Diamond Plus 37 cruises on rccl. But, I think I got this idea from one if your posts for which I thank you.

I also stated that I barely drink even on all inclusive ships like Crystal or Paul Gauguin and DH is quite happy with a couple of glasses of wine before or at dinner. All I was trying to do was feel my way in a newish environment!

I will be happy to accept any and every bottle of water which my three allocations provide if I like the water that is provided. Some bottled water tastes awful!

Anyway looking forward to this reconnection with Celebrity to see whether it is for me.

Well I will be on the Eclipse in three weeks and we will see what the situation is. Whilst I accept that on some ships there is a 3 drink max put on ones card, when we were on the Solstice earlier in the year there was the cocktail event with unlimited drinks. Time will tell I guess. As I have a drinks package its purely academic for me anyway

Well I will be on the Eclipse in three weeks and we will see what the situation is. Whilst I accept that on some ships there is a 3 drink max put on ones card, when we were on the Solstice earlier in the year there was the cocktail event with unlimited drinks. Time will tell I guess. As I have a drinks package its purely academic for me anyway

I think the 3 drinks on the card is slowly being rolled out . From what posters are saying it is standard on the Eclipse now. We were on the ship when it started in April but thought it was because it was a TA with over 1600 Elite and up. They hit a button at 5 and delete it at 7.. drinks on card .. drinks off card. I discovered that they turned it on at 4 on the TA.. I guess 1600 was too many to serve in 2 hours

Yes on the Millie crossing from Vancouver to Japan. I agree with Wine O that Royal is more generous but they don't have free laundry and as much Internet.

OntarioCruiser

Diamond Plus on rccl gets free laundry.

Diamond plus also gets Evian bottles, 6 pack of beer and a bottle of wine as an amenity package. When we were b2b a few years ago they refilled in the cabin so generously that we had to give it away.

Anyway looking forward to this reconnection with Celebrity to see whether it is for me.

Emdee,

It is very nice to "see" you on the Celebrity board once again. Welcome back. :)

Hmm … I think your reading skills need improvement!

When we have the 3 drinks loaded onto our cards, we can go to just about any bar to redeem them. We don't have to give up something that we LOVE doing on cruises, sitting out on deck reading & watching the sunset, to get up & get cleaned up & get dressed up to go up into the lounge for our drinks. We can sip our drinks out by the pool, or on one of the outer decks … we much prefer that to sitting in the lounge. Three drinks per night for each of us is way more than we need in a 2-hour timeframe, although we do occasionally use an extra one to get a bottle of water to have in the cabin overnight.

You are missing the point, three drinks are not an Elite Perk, the lounge from 5-7 is.

Emdee,

It is very nice to "see" you on the Celebrity board once again. Welcome back. :)

Thanks Texed...one day we WILL cruise together. Planning the 2021 Reunion cruise on our fave line at this moment!

We usually do especially if we find someone who gives special service.

Thanks ...we find a little thank you...verbal or monetary goes a long way in life!

I am not crass enough to tip before the service!

Well someone needs to give Bean the program as on our roll call he/ she insisted that I was in the wrong and there were unlimited drinks in the Elite lounge. Which I totally admit I could have been as I havent been on Celebrity since 2008 and only have 6 or 7 cruises on celebrity and received my Elite status from my Diamond Plus 37 cruises on rccl. But, I think I got this idea from one if your posts for which I thank you.

I also stated that I barely drink even on all inclusive ships like Crystal or Paul Gauguin and DH is quite happy with a couple of glasses of wine before or at dinner. All I was trying to do was feel my way in a newish environment!

I will be happy to accept any and every bottle of water which my three allocations provide if I like the water that is provided. Some bottled water tastes awful!

You're welcome. When we were on the Infinity (2 September 2018) this was our first experience with having the 3 drinks loaded on our Seapass cards by Celebrity. The first evening when we were in the Constellation Lounge during HH our server took our Seapass cards when were ordered our drinks. I thought that was odd as we've never in the past had to give our Seapass cards to the server. Anyway before our drinks arrived the Captains Club Host stopped by. So during our conversation I asked about the server taking our Seapass cards. She advised us the Infinity started doing this the cruise prior to ours and Celebrity was going to start rolling out the change fleetwide. No matter the itinerary or the number of elite and elite + onboard. We like the option of going to other bars if we don't want to go upstairs. Also someone another thread posted they were able to use the 3 drinks loaded on their Seapass cards in the MDR. So my post(s) is/are based on our most recent experience and not what we've had in the past. Enjoy your cruise on the Eclipse.

Edited by davekathy

As a matter of interest is it the usual practice for Elites to tip a couple of $ when availing of the complimentary drinks?

What are the dates? Well, I could look it up if I weren't so lazy. :D

You're welcome. When we were on the Infinity (2 September 2018) this was our first experience with having the 3 drinks loaded on our Seapass cards by Celebrity. The first evening when we were in the Constellation Lounge during HH our server took our Seapass cards when were ordered our drinks. I thought that was odd as we've never in the past had to give our Seapass cards to the server. Anyway before our drinks arrived the Captains Club Host stopped by. So during our conversation I asked about the server taking our Seapass cards. She advised us the Infinity started doing this the cruise prior to ours and Celebrity was going to start rolling out the change fleetwide. No matter the itinerary or the number of elite and elite + onboard. We like the option of going to other bars if we don't want to go upstairs. Also someone another thread posted they were able to use the 3 drinks loaded on their Seapass cards in the MDR. So my post(s) is/are based on our most recent experience and not what we've had in the past. Enjoy your cruise on the Eclipse.

Thanx a mill!

You are missing the point, three drinks are not an Elite Perk, the lounge from 5-7 is.

I disagree .. Free drinks from the Captains Club menu are an Elite Perk. The lounge from 5-7 is part of the perk . Having 3 drinks on the card is just a change in how the perk is offered.. giving us a choice of where we would like to drink

-- So... I have a question. How does it work if they load drinks on your card? What types of things can you order at a bar? Are there certain wines or wines up to a certain price point? Can you upgrade if you want a better wine? We've always had a eve rage package...this will be our first time using these... thanks

-- So... I have a question. How does it work if they load drinks on your card? What types of things can you order at a bar? Are there certain wines or wines up to a certain price point? Can you upgrade if you want a better wine? We've always had a eve rage package...this will be our first time using these... thanks

There is a list of small basic cheaper drinks. You cannot upgrade . If you choose one not on the list you will pay the full price. The menus will be at all the bars where you can use your Elite perk

We used to be able to order martinis such as Appletini, Cosmo, etc. as well as whiskey on ice. Are these on the list at the bars for Elite cocktail hours?

I know the Appletini and Cosmo were our September Infinity cruise. Saw them being served nightly in the Constellation Lounge. One evening my wife had a Appletini.

My reading skills are fine. The "Perk" if it can be called a perk is a "Cocktail event" between 5 and 7 pm for those passengers who are Elite and above. Oh, it's a perk, either way they provide it, on the cards or in the lounge … they certainly don't have to provide any drinks …

The perk is not three additional drinks each day added to one's seapass card. The adding of drinks to one's seapass card is one of convenience for Celebrity when numbers are too great to be accommodated at the event. Actually, one can do both if one desires - go to three bars and get the three drinks from the card, AND go to the lounge and have unlimited drinks.

In the event that the function is held each night and one doesn't attend for whatever reason TOUGH, you miss out just as one misses out on any other activity on the ship if one doesn't attend. True enough!

If one wants the option of sitting on one's balcony enjoying a cocktail at sunset then there are a variety of drinks packages available just for that purpose.

Why on earth would I pay for a drink package when all I want is one or two drinks a night, and it's easy to go to the nearest bar and get them??

We were on the Equinox recently and are Elite. There was a cocktail party every night between 5-7. We did not attend any of them. We are enjoying our day and don’t want to change to go at that time. We loved having the three drinks loaded on out Transatlantic because we could meet friends in any bar and not be dressed for the night. We never get the drinks package because it’s not worth it for us. We brought wine aboard and got a bar set up for drinks in our room. It’s a nice perk if you can use but doesn’t work for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums