St Lawrence Seaway

PiperHolliday

Hey all, I've used the search function to try to find my answer but nothing seems to come up. Perhaps searching on mobile is not very good. I apologize if I've missed the answer elsewhere.

I'm looking at cruises that sail down the St Lawrence Seaway. I'm not totally familiar with the Seaway and would like to know if any of the cruise lines go through any locks.

Also, what are the draws or sights you enjoy along the St Lawrence Seaway?

Thank you all!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

St Lawrence Cruise Lines runs a number of cruises linking Québec, Montréal and Kingston on the St Lawrence as well as Ottawa on the Ottawa River

Yes cute little ship the Canadian Empress

i-ncTwV4D-L.jpg

We sailed the picturesque St Lawrence Seaway on the QE2 in the past and was in awl by the beauty of the sailing to Quebec.

Cunard Line does sail the seaway during the Foliage/Fall time with other lines I am not familiar with but know there are other Foliage Autumn Cruises.

The beauty of the the shore line so close to the ship was amazing and great pictures and videos. You also get to see Quebec as the destination.

We would consider doing it future, The total time would be from a sailing out of NY would be 7 days each way (total 14 days).

St Lawrence is a one of a kind waterway so unique and memorable.

Well, if you were on the QE2, you were really not in the Saint Lawrence Seaway, you were in the Saint Lawrence River. The actual Seaway starts in Montreal and proceeds to Lake Ontario, and then Lake Erie via the Welland Canal.

Well, if you were on the QE2, you were really not in the Saint Lawrence Seaway, you were in the Saint Lawrence River. The actual Seaway starts in Montreal and proceeds to Lake Ontario, and then Lake Erie via the Welland Canal.

We took SLR to Quebec for a later sailing down the Seaway to be more clearer........