Quick Advice Needed

emairs

My daughter has cabin 3202 on hold for one of the December sailings. It is next to a ladies’ washroom.

Should this be a concern? There appears to be two walls between the cabin and the washroom.

Also, the cabin appears to be at the end of a hall with no access to the washroom and restaurant. Is this correct?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My daughter has cabin 3202 on hold for one of the December sailings. It is next to a ladies’ washroom.

Should this be a concern? There appears to be two walls between the cabin and the washroom.

Also, the cabin appears to be at the end of a hall with no access to the washroom and restaurant. Is this correct?

Just looked at the deck plan. Curious how one does get into the two MDRs without going by cabins.

Sorry I can answer your question.

I imagine that the main hallway from the elevators is open where that line crosses between ladies room and opposite wall. The cabins are in a separate hallway from the traffic coming from the elevators. It looks like 3202 is past the doorway out of the cabin hallway into the main hallway, so would avoid the traffic walking past the cabin. It is the quieter end of deck 3 (The Martini Bar and Kid's Club are at the other end).

My gut feeling is that the restroom won't be an issue since there looks to be a thick wall in between. I don't have any experience with being in a cabin next to a restroom, but I must say that on other Celebrity ships, I don't hear any restroom noise when sitting next restrooms or walking by them.

enhance

I don’t think the ladies’ room will be an issue. It looks like there’s a double wall (and one of them looks like a firewall) between her cabin and the ladies’ room. I agree with Vtcruising that it doesn’t make sense that there’d be no passage to the restaurants via that hallway. If we’re correct, your daughter would be most likely to hear some passing traffic when the restaurants are open. However, they’re not open late, and she herself will probably be dining at that time:D

BTW for more peace of mind, you may be able to find reviews of similarly located cabins (on S-class ships) in the S-class cabin sticky. Here’s a review of the fourth cabin from the Grand Foyer (which has music that lasts past dining room closure) on Solstice.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=140585431

Edited by Silkroad

I don't think the ladies room will be an issue for the reasons others have described. Plus that ladies room will probably only be used during the dining hours, and most likely you will be at dinner, or out and about, too.

Thanks for everyone’s input. Daughter and son in law have booked the cabin. They are in their 30’s, but enjoy quality cruising and hanging out with an older crowd, like their parents[emoji4]