Snacks on a Plane

CozGurl

We leave for Europe next week and I just started thinking about food on that long flight. I can't imagine that I'd enjoy airline food. Can I pack a sandwich or something like I would if not flying to Rome? It seems like you can't leave the ship with any food but I'm having complete brain freeze on this one.

If I am able to do that (surely I can!) any suggestions?

You can bring food, but not alcohol. Found that out one time while stuck in the San Juan airport.....our plane (sitting at the gate) had a flat tire, so we were delayed boarding until they fixed it. One of the shops near our gate was selling Medalla in cans, of which I had a few while waiting. Right before we were finally allowed to board, I bought 2 cans unopened and stuck them in my carryon. I cracked one while everyone else was buying drinks off the cart while in the air. The stewardess was not pleased.

edit: I guess technically, you can posses alcohol but you can't consume it while in flight.

We leave for Europe next week and I just started thinking about food on that long flight. I can't imagine that I'd enjoy airline food. Can I pack a sandwich or something like I would if not flying to Rome? It seems like you can't leave the ship with any food but I'm having complete brain freeze on this one.

All kinds of food for sale at the airport, some packaged for travel.

I don't know what is funnier, that she was taking a pizza on or that you still have a pic of it lololololol!

I do know that when we got off the plane in Coz one year my husband got pulled over by the drug dog because he had beef jerky in his backpack. It was his first time out of the country and he was worried about going to Mexico anyway. It was hilarious!!! I can't remember now if we weren't allowed the jerky, or just not open jerky or what. Still makes me giggle.

If you take food on the airplane, be VERY careful about taking it off the other end.

Many countries are very strict about food being imported. The US being one.

Also, best to buy the food IN the airport, once you pass security. You may have issues with security, depending on what you take.

Agree with above poster....We bought all our food to take on flight from Barcelona to NYC while in the different airports. However I didnt think I would like airline food, but man was I wrong...the food was GREAT!!!! I wanted seconds and ate my husbands :-)

Although airline food is not gourmet, it's not bad either. It's basically a frozen dinner prepackaged. It sounds like you are prejudging it before you even try it. I always arrive at airports earlier for International flights, and usually eat a meal before I leave. You can buy sandwiches near the gates if you really want to, but I personally never do.

IT shouldn’t be a problem. I have done a no back stop from nj to Hawaii 11 hours and packed my own lunch and snack. Also just got back from Italy when packed but snacks to and from. Just don’t pack liquids

You can get all the liquids you want in the airport and take them on board with you.

Just don't bring any type of food onto the plane that will have a distinct smell (egg salad) and I would be careful about bringing peanut butter...so many people have extreme allergies....Just use common sense.

I'm really confused! Planes serve food that is included in the ticket price you paid. Why would you want to buy a sandwich at the airport when you can eat a 3 course dinner?!

It is no longer typical for the airlines to provide a meal for US domestic flights in coach.

It is no longer typical for the airlines to provide a meal for US domestic flights in coach.

Sorry, I thought the OP was flying TA to Rome?

You even have to buy food in economy class in BA now within Europe!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, on any TA flight I have taken they have provided food and it really isn't that bad. It certainly is no worse than anything packaged you are going to buy at a kiosk in the airport.

I would agree with you if I were limited to packaged foods at a kiosk, but I would think that most (all?) airports with TA flights have a lot more options than that!

I absolutely am prejudging. I have no idea what they'll even serve, but I'm a super picky eater so I'd rather be safe than sorry. The time our flights are will probably work out that we'll have had our meals before we get on the plane but I have blood sugar and hangry issues that I want to keep in check.