Mariner of the Seas quick review September 2018

Hello

I will make an extremely summarized review on the Mariner of the seas instead of making a review on what was good or bad I will grade it from A+ to F with a few comments. My Fiancée and I only travel with Royal, diamond as in today, and we live in South Florida. We went with our family and a friend.

A+)waiter and assistant, they were supper fast and looking out for our needs, Ihad the refreshment package and bottle of waters were ready in our table eachnights

A+)Quest game, the best quest I have ever been in my life

A+)junior suite, great room and location on deck 9

A)MDR food, great presentation and taste

A)slide, laser tag, and skypad, great you have to try them

A)check in agents. Super nice and happy to see you there

A)photographers, great great

A)cabana on coco cay, totally worth it amazing updated lunch, the only reason Idint get the plus is because the bar that belong for the cabana didn’t have ablender so you needed to walk to the next bar for pina coldas for example.

A)sport crew, employees at the ice center, skypad , laser tag were super nice

A)ice show, amazing first time I don’t blink for a few seconds because I get sleepyduring the show

A)night show, great the singers were off key but overall great show

A)room attendant, super nice we had ice every day and was super helpful

A)guess service stuff and excursion desk crew

B)Windjammer food, first time that I found it a little bit boring and tasteless

B-)bar staff, super slow and some had the “ I don’t want to be here face” I usedthe technique of a dollar as tip cash for drinks and it didn’t work either

C)entertainment, the one doing the parades and pool activities were lack of energy

D)security, first time that I never found an officer walking around the ship

F)sorentos pizza, omg long lines the whole time I have never experienced thatbefore we always had to wait at least 20 minutes for pizzas

F)portof Miami before getting in the terminal ,I was trying to use the app and shewas totally lost to the point that I had to show my paper boarding passesotherwise I couldn’t get in the terminal , guys bring your boarding copies justin case

F)elevators, we had 2 elevators broken in the back of the ship the whole vacationand the rest of the elevators could pass by without stopping at your floor

Thank you for reading it[emoji3]

af84deef9ad4d5d6eb0a7df41ec7223f.jpg

My wife and I are on the Mariner right now and I agree with most of this review. MDR food and Ice show are great and we had no problems at the Port of Miami. Our main gripe is that the two elevators mentioned in the review are STILL out of order and they are two of the only four elevators that serve decks 13 and 14. That means that the wait to get up to the lounges on deck 14 has gotten very long. The two elevators in that bank that do work often pass floors without stopping although the call light is on so, in order to get to the Diamond Club, my wife and I usually have to take one of the working elevators down and then up.

F)port of Miami before getting in the terminal ,I was trying to use the app and she was totally lost to the point that I had to show my paper boarding passes otherwise I couldn’t get in the terminal , guys bring your boarding copies just in case

Kinda expected with something that is still being tested.

You describe long lines at Sorrento’s, but I didn’t think this ship had a Sorrento’s Pizza. Can someone clarify? I sail next month.

No Sorrento's on Mariner. Pizza slices would be at Cafe Promenade.

Our main gripe is that the two elevators mentioned in the review are STILL out of order and they are two of the only four elevators that serve decks 13 and 14. That means that the wait to get up to the lounges on deck 14 has gotten very long. The two elevators in that bank that do work often pass floors without stopping although the call light is on so, in order to get to the Diamond Club, my wife and I usually have to take one of the working elevators down and then up.

Also on the Mariner right now. This elevator situation is ridiculous. Especially being passed by an EMPTY elevator. We’ve made it to the Diamond club once.

You describe long lines at Sorrento’s, but I didn’t think this ship had a Sorrento’s Pizza. Can someone clarify? I sail next month.

I was trying to say Cafe promenade I’m sorry

Here is one picture of the huge line for pizza and the other line is for sandwiches

9af48c777f3cfd69a7ccd35587bf0c5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the picture. That's insane. I've seen other's photos that don't show that area of the promenade so crowded. What time of day was this?

According to the picture info it was Nassau at 430pm here is another picture Cocacay 6pm

07af4c2c6b0701deed0461252d6c0b38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never seen lines like that before for any snack area on any Royal ship...what is going on??! The pizza aint that good!...lol

They better get those elevators working..its bad/slow enough with a full ship when all are working....surprised its taking this long to get them up and running!

Never seen lines like that before for any snack area on any Royal ship...what is going on??! The pizza aint that good!...lol

Maybe they are just making the switch over to the "new" pizza like we had on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago.

ppizza.jpg

I’m leaving on Monday so hopefully the elevators are fixed by then. They certainly shouldn’t be down on consecutive trips. Definitely skipping cafe promenade. Curtis too short for lines like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also on the Mariner right now. This elevator situation is ridiculous. Especially being passed by an EMPTY elevator. We’ve made it to the Diamond club once.

For some reason they would often pass floors on the way up but they usually stopped on the way down. That is why my wife and I started taking the elevators down in order to get to deck 14. It is a long ride that way and, on port days, people were often trying to get the elevator on deck 1 (coming back from Nassau or Coco Cay) around the same time that we were going to the D club for happy hour. It was a problem for those people when the elevator arrived on deck 1 full of people who stayed on. Often, they ended up walking across to the elevators on the starboard side. Those were all working but they do not go above deck 12. We, in turn, quickly learned never to use the rear port side elevators if we were not going above deck 12. Fortunately, our stateroom was on the starboard side of the ship.

Does this appear to be an issue that is just going to stay this way since it is still ongoing? We are on this ship in February and there are a number of people in our party who have health issues that would make it impossible to only use stairs to get anywhere. We will have cabins aft and port side. Thank you for any input.

We also just got off the Mariner on Friday. The ship looks great, but I will also have to agree with the frustrations of the elevators. I don't understand why two of the elevators were not working during the entire cruise. I think the pictures of the long lines for pizza were immediately after everyone returned from a day at Coco Cay. That was another complaint of several cruisers........they close the Windjammer from 5:00-6:00 p.m., so there is no other place to go for snacks after a long day in Nassau or Coco Cay. We ate in the Windjammer for several meals, and I must say there wasn't much of a variety. The same food was served EVERY night.....hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, fish bites, spaghetti or noodles with alfredo or tomato sauce, flank steak, and French fries. Now for the best part of the cruise......the Mariner is really a great ship since it came out of dry dock. The ice skating show was very well attended. We saw two of the evening performances in the Theatre....the Magic of Puck and the last night was a Variety show with singers and dancers. Normally the Theatre is full 15 minutes before the show starts, but this was never the case on the Mariner. There were plenty of empty seats. Their show times are 8:30 p.m. and 10:15 p.m., so that may have something to do with the low attendance. Other cruise lines have their shows at 7:00 and 9:00 p.m. Overall, this was a great cruise to take for a quick get away, and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Mariner again.