family of 5

ston

which cruise lines will allow 5 in a room?

2 adults and 3 children - ages 6 (twins) and 3

Been looking around and I keep getting told I need 2 room!!

Any suggestions which cruise lines, besides Disney, are the best for those ages.THANKS

Some of the family suites you need to call the lines directly to book. But sometimes two interior cabins are cheaper than one 5 person cabin so you need to comparison shop. Or you can consider one balcony and an interior across the hall. I believe - but am not certain - that carnival, royal and ncl all have rooms for 5 but I think you need to call to reserve them, and they go fast. Best of luck to you

Can't tell you who is best but can help you with who has cabins for 5+ in a cabin.

Carnival: Vista and Dream class ships

HAL: Pinnacle class ships

MSC: Seaview and Seaside

NCL: Breakaway and + class ships, Pearl and Jade as well

RCCL: Oasis, Quantum, and Freedom class

This list does not by any means contain all the possible ships. These are just the ones I could locate quickly via their posted deck plans that stated they have cabins that accept 5+ people in one cabin.

Hope that helps.

I'm booked on RCCL on the Serenade in an "Ultra Spacious Ocean View" cabin that sleeps 6 - it's oversized and has queen (or twin) beds, sofa sleeper and tiny separate room with upper and lower twin beds. There aren't many of these, so they booked up quickly. It's a great deal for a larger cabin - a bit more than a regular ocean view cabin, but less than paying for two cabins (only one bathroom though) - and MUCH less than paying for a suite of any kind.

Something I noted in my search is that the newer ships in many lines were offering more and more family options.

The Carnival Vista class ships even had a family cabin area called the Family Harbor with it's own Lounge.

Here is a video from Cabin 2421 on Carnival Vista.

• Like 2

Carnival Fantasy class will allow 5 in a cabin for 4. Queen/teins; two uppers and a trundle/rollaway. EM

The Carnival ships built before 2000 can bring an extra bed into a quad cabin. Tight but doable. As Essiesmom says, all the Fantasy Class and, IIRC, Triumph and one more.

The Carnival ships built before 2000 can bring an extra bed into a quad cabin. Tight but doable. As Essiesmom says, all the Fantasy Class and, IIRC, Triumph and one more.

Triumph, Destiny/Sunshine and Victory. EM

I have a family of 6, triplets and a singleton. We’ve always cruised in one room when traveling without other family. We cruised on Ncl jade and Ncl jewel in a two bedroom family suite the best room we’ve ever had hands down! Kids had their own room it had a master bath like in your house! The balcony had very cozy furniture for lounging while the kids chilled. We’ve cruised royal Caribbean in the freedom class ships twice both times on the liberty of the seas and they have family oceanview and family

Promenade rooms that sleep six. The downside is you have to call to book these rooms. Disney Cruise line also has rooms that sleep 5 but not six [emoji19]. You will find accommodations that fit your family but it will take some leg work, you could always hire a travel agent to do all that work for you.

We cruised in a "deluxe family" room on Disney and will be in a "family suite" on carnival horizon in December. We have 3 teens, who take up more space than toddlers. The Disney room was perfect (but expensive!) And the carnival room has similar dimensions and amenities. We priced options. 2 interior rooms on carnival were not much less than the family suite...but we prefer the balcony and have no issues sharing space for a week, especially since most of our time is outside the cabin (a similar justification people use for tiny interiors-but we use it to justify one larger, nicer room). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 6:23 PM, 1964IceCreamLady said:

Holland America has a family room on the Koningsdam and the new Nieuw Statendam.  We are sailing this December.  It is DEFINITELY cheaper because my kids not only got the 3rd, 4th, and 5th passenger discount but also an age discount.

Please report back about how you like the cabin. I am so curious about HAL's new family cabins but haven't had the chance to get on a HAL ship in years. Nice change!

On 10/3/2018 at 4:48 PM, Kerry's Girls said:

I'm booked on RCCL on the Serenade in an "Ultra Spacious Ocean View" cabin that sleeps 6 - it's oversized and has queen (or twin) beds, sofa sleeper and tiny separate room with upper and lower twin beds. There aren't many of these, so they booked up quickly. It's a great deal for a larger cabin - a bit more than a regular ocean view cabin, but less than paying for two cabins (only one bathroom though) - and MUCH less than paying for a suite of any kind.

We sailed in one of these once with 7 grandkids; we also had a balcony cabin.  The Family Oceanview was a great size and the kids loved the tiny bunk room.  All four girls slept in there (cousins)!--because they wanted to😏  It was a huge room with lots of storage and big windows.  The only downside was only one bathroom.  But the Spa was only a couple of floors up.

We did have to call to book this.  Otherwise two people would try to book it for the size.  

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked in a Family Oceanview on NCL Escape in a few weeks. I know they have the Family Oceanviews on some of their other large ships, as well (ie: Breakaway and Getaway). It's a bit bigger than the regular balcony room, and has a ton more storage. The sofa opens up into a small double bed for two, and the bunk comes out of the ceiling for another single bed. So if you have kids that refuse to share a bed, it could be a problem.

And as others have said, you have to call to book it. Which works out better, anyway, as they are pretty good with helping you find additional deals when you call in!

• 1 month later...

I wish we had a compiled list of cabins in all categories and different ships to make things easier for families of 5.  I'm going to give you my list that we have sailed:

RC Liberty of the Seas  Panoramic Ocean Suite rooms 1804, 1854

RC  Navigator of the Seas:  Family Ocean View room 7500

MSC Seaside Yacht Club Deluxe:  18029, 18024

Celebrity Equinox:  Family Oceanview Veranda 8108

Carnival Breeze:  2 connecting balcony cabins 9279 and 9281

NCL Escape/Epic :  We did the Haven 2 bedroom/2bathroom

Celebrity Solstice:  Family oceanview veranda (sorry can't remember the room # but same style as equinox)

Carnival Magic:  2 connecting balcony cabins

• Like 1

Ours was on the Navigator of the Seas:  I believe the one we had was on deck 6.  It was only one flight or two down to the 24 hour cafe, and interior promenade, which the kids loved.  The windows were so big they could sit in them.  It was far forward, but we had no issues with that.  Slept six easily and had curtains to draw for privacy around the beds.

We are in a regular balcony room that sleeps 5 on the Allure of the Seas. You have to call to book and even then, you often have I'll informed CSRs who will say you have to book a pricier room. I just looked at the deck plans and write down a list of ones that slept 5 and would ask about those specific rooms.

We booked during their kids sail free promo and got an unbelievable deal. The extra space of 2 rooms would be nice but we have slept cozy before and survived just fine, I think to save 2,000 we can do it again!

• 1 month later...

we are family of 5 and booked Mariner of the Seas room 8500- Category 1K-Ultra Spacious Ocean View Stateroom (it can sleep a total of 6 people). I know that the adjoining room 8200 is also a Category 1K. Look for RCCL Category 1K rooms on most of the fleet should sleep 5 or more. Our room was very affordable and turned out to be a few hundred less than booking two adjoining staterooms. The only downfall is that there is only one bathroom. 

• Like 1