Drink package or no drink package is the question!

luvtaz7

I haven’t looked recently, but some lines used to list each drink and mark it $0.00.

With the new 15 drinks a day limit I wouldn’t be surprised if they re-introduce it.

The 15 alcoholic drink limit has been in place for more than a year. Not quite new anymore. And they haven't been itemizing what one drinks under the PBP on one's bill for the past year, or longer, either... I wouldn't hold my breath. You can request a receipt for each drink, so you can keep track that way....

You can also purchase specialty coffees (espresso drinks etc) during or after dinner! Sometimes we'd order one with a shot of baileys or amaretto!

Those shots are also good over vanilla ice cream :D

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have an odd question and please don’t take it wrong?  I’m am going on Mexican Rivera 10 day with my Mom.  On our cruise I turn 50 and she turns 80.  Its our mom daughter time, no husbands or kids 😀

She doesn’t drink but I definitely enjoy drinks in the sun,  wine with dinner and eve cocktails with shows.  Not something I can always do at home with twins.

So while on vacation I enjoy but will not get drunk.  High capacity especially for beer which I tend to drink faster in the sun.

so yes - I’m buying package ( because also love my coffee specialties.

someoneone MENTIONED you have to wait a certain time in between drinks??? But how if 15 is max and only 24 hrs ha!  How long do they make you wait if you drink your first beer fast when it’s hot outside?  I know - silly question.  I obviously won’t be sharing my card.

no problem with beers ... as long as you're not sharing them

once I saw a bartender decline to give someone a double jack at about 9 am - so the dude got a  single on the rocks, went over and set it on a table, then came back and ordered a shot..  bartender refused and a supervisor was called in..not sure about the outcome on that part...

think I heard 5 minutes once ...

13 hours ago, Bdarlin said:

Hi

I have an odd question and please don’t take it wrong?  I’m am going on Mexican Rivera 10 day with my Mom.  On our cruise I turn 50 and she turns 80.  Its our mom daughter time, no husbands or kids 😀

She doesn’t drink but I definitely enjoy drinks in the sun,  wine with dinner and eve cocktails with shows.  Not something I can always do at home with twins.

So while on vacation I enjoy but will not get drunk.  High capacity especially for beer which I tend to drink faster in the sun.

so yes - I’m buying package ( because also love my coffee specialties.

someoneone MENTIONED you have to wait a certain time in between drinks??? But how if 15 is max and only 24 hrs ha!  How long do they make you wait if you drink your first beer fast when it’s hot outside?  I know - silly question.  I obviously won’t be sharing my card.

Princess' package does not have a specified time between alcoholic drinks. It's one drink at a time, but if you want a "double" you may be able to get it once you know the bartender/waiter. You get 15 alcoholic drinks per day, menu priced $12 and under,  measured from 6am to 6am the next day. There is no limit on non-alcoholic beverages. FYI the break even is around 6 to 7 alcoholic cocktails and wine per day, more if you are drinking beer (priced in the $6 range) or straight whiskeys (priced in the $8 range). 

Edited by skynight

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:36 AM, Seadog & Sea Hag said:

On Australian based Princess ships, the alcohol package cannot be pre-purchased . It must be purchased onboard at $87 per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the Heads Up. I'm planning to put money into On Board Credit for my 3 night cruise on the Ruby in February 2020. Have found that Princess stocks my favourite-ok, only-alcoholic tipple, Crème de Menthe, so will be indulging in a Crème de Menthe with lemonade and a nice selection of cookies from the International Café.

I was taught to have something to eat, when drinking alcohol, and have always been careful.

I plan a cruise to Tasmania for either my 60th or 65th birthday. Hoping to get the 8 day cruise out of Sydney, so I can get the Premier Beverage Package. I've already started saving loose coins into a money box!

For my last cruise, we had a drinks package. In a later promotion, the price dropped and we get free gratuities. We thought that was a better deal. You need to ask yourself, what’s it worth. But then I just drink scotch neat and my wife gin and tonic. Great info on this thread.

Use the drink prices of the earlier post to get a rough idea of how much you'll spend on drinks. Then buy on board credit for yourself in advance. Doing this can save you money if you know you won't get your money's worth with the drink package, and you don't have to feel guilty every time you order a drink, LOL.

Yes it's  $68.99/day for the Princess Premier Beverage Package but works out well for me.  I agree with others that not thinking about the bill, going with the flow, pretending it's its "free"! has a lot of appeal.  I use my on board credit for the drink package It works for me  because I drink 3 small bottles of water, 2 cappuccinos, 1 fancy coffee drink , 2 - 3 fancy cocktails I would never normally drink but for being on a cruise and I'm happy even if I don't make it to a $68.99 break even!

I am a little concerned that Princess does not offer a pro-rated package, e.g. buying it a few days after the cruise starts.  I have a 15 day cruise planned and logically $1,000 for drinks is excessive, but it is a once in a year/lifetime experience!  Cheers!

• Like 1