Shuttle in Buenos Aires

pastis

Taking our first Azamara cruise in January (South America) and wondering if Azamara will have a shuttle to the city centre in Buenos Aires.

I don't remember a Azamara shuttle, just taxis or shuttles ran by a local store for potential customers.

That was a good few years ago, may have changed

I don't remember a Azamara shuttle, just taxis or shuttles ran by a local store for potential customers.

That was a good few years ago, may have changed

That was my experience as well, no shuttles. As its the first year back there and South America is a very difficult country for the cruise lines to deal with rules and unions and protection I would work on the assumption there will be no shuttles - anything else is a bonus

The port, while quite close to the city, is still in a pretty isolated area and it would be disappointing if they did not provide shuttles.

On our cruise with Oceania a few years back, a shuttle bus was provided. It stopped near the General San Martin Plaza (a park, near Retiro train station), on the south/east side of the park. Not sure if you consider that to be in the "city centre" but it was convenient enough for us.

The bright side is that if shuttles are not provided, taxi fare would be quite inexpensive compared to North America, although you have to be careful/alert somewhat not to be scammed by routing and/or fare charge/change. Try to have smaller bills so that you don't get back large value counterfeit bills as change.

Buenos Aires was super interesting, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

When we were there about 4 years ago, Azamara had a shuttle bus to the beginning of a well known commercial street. I think it is called Florida Street.

Perfect...that's the answer I was hoping to hear. Thank you all for your feedback.