Chair hogs on the Bliss

thunter1224

I hear that NCL crew will remove towels off of chairs around the pools.. If not used in a certain amount of time ..Has anyone seen that happen? I was watching a U-Tube blog where the person went up to a pool area at 7am and placed 4 towels on chairs..then went jogging , woke her parents up ..then they all went to breakfast .. And after went back to room and put on swim suits and THEN went to lay around the pool .. That was at least 2 hrs later.. Is that common practice on NCL ??

Yes, if they can get away with it. There was a couple sitting on a lounge chair with about 6 or 8 empties between them. This was an Alaskan cruise in 2012. My husband walked up, didn't ask ... he just picked up a lounge chair, twice and moved them to an open space so we could sit by the pool. The couple yelled at him and then went and told ship's security. My husband explained that they were 'saving' 6 or 8 empty chairs. The security guys admonished the couple and then told me & DH to order whatever drink we wanted for free. I had a big frothy pina colada ... DH got a beer.

We cruised the Escape last December and witnessed a crew member remove items. He placed a sticker on the corner of the chair and then came back about an hour, did something to the sticker. Came back in less than 30 minutes and removed the items. The people retuned about 2 hours after that and looked shocked that other people were in their chairs. They accused the folks of taking their chairs, I spoke up and told them a crew member removed the towels after 2 hours of non use nearly 3 hours ago. They huffed off, my new neighbors thanked me for the defense!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Speaking up is the key. I hear people complain about chair hogs, but the practice will keep happening unless we all speak up either to the hogs or to the crew - and keep speaking until the crew takes action.

I hear that NCL crew will remove towels off of chairs around the pools.. If not used in a certain amount of time ..Has anyone seen that happen? I was watching a U-Tube blog where the person went up to a pool area at 7am and placed 4 towels on chairs..then went jogging , woke her parents up ..then they all went to breakfast .. And after went back to room and put on swim suits and THEN went to lay around the pool .. That was at least 2 hrs later.. Is that common practice on NCL ??
That's common on every cruise on every line basically.

Chair hogs are epidemic on all cruise lines, AND resort hotels.....they are everywhere.

If you get to the pool and there are NO chairs at all (which is rare), go to an attendant and ask them to find you seats. Or, ask the folks sitting near the "towel covered" chairs if anyone is actually USING them....they will tell you!

It's not the huge problem you are thinking it is.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I can understand if you go into pool for a swim or pop off to the bathroom, but “claiming” a chair for hours when you have no intention of using it is the height of rudeness for fellow passengers/vacationers.

I’ve stayed at resort in Puerto Vallarta few times with wonderful pool area. I’d get up early, grab my pillow, claim my spot and then... stay there.

It wasn’t until I ran into a pair of chair hogs at a Hyatt in Hawaii that I realized people would go off for hours while other vacationers stood around looking at empty chairs.

I've seen a few brave souls remove the items, deposit them with the towel guy, and have a seat on the lounger. Never done it myself, but kudos to those people!

What if the items were there (unattended) for only 10 minutes while the owner went to the bar?:confused:

NCL allows guests to leave items unattended for up to 1 hour.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I can understand if you go into pool for a swim or pop off to the bathroom, but “claiming” a chair for hours when you have no intention of using it is the height of rudeness for fellow passengers/vacationers.

I’ve stayed at resort in Puerto Vallarta few times with wonderful pool area. I’d get up early, grab my pillow, claim my spot and then... stay there.

It wasn’t until I ran into a pair of chair hogs at a Hyatt in Hawaii that I realized people would go off for hours while other vacationers stood around looking at empty chairs.

After an hour of no one sitting on the lounger I would just remove the stuff and sit on the chair. But I never sit by the pool, I find a nice quiet corner near a bar and I relax/read. The main pool area on a cruise ship is a nightmare. I can't stand rude/selfish chair hogs. And if I get up and want to sit by the pool, like you I stay there

I just don't get it. What is the big deal sitting around the pool watching some of the most horrible sights I have ever seen.

Some people who are not as judgemental like sitting by the pool, in the sun, relaxing, listening to the band, and being served drinks and having a good time.