Another attack on a cruise ship!

And the sad part... PEOPLE ACTUALLY BUY THESE NEWSPAPERS! :rolleyes:

They pick up a copy of the newspaper on their way to the arena to see professional wrestling

What else am I going to do in between matchs?

But really, I have purchase these rags every now and again. They make great reading on a long road trip or plane ride. It gives everyone a laugh and something to talk about.

OK, got to go, roller derby is on...

What I thought was actually funnier was the headline in the upper left hand corner: "Louisiana purchase was really a rental. France wants it back."

Oh, good. The federal government can save some money and not have to repair New Orleans (just kidding - it's worth every penny).

Before I retired, I was an Operations Supervisor in a Power Plant. We would be sitting around in the Control Room monitoring plant operations, and would often times discuss what was in the newspapers that day. We had one fellow who would always come up with some outlandish article that he had read and would vociferously defend them as something he had read in the newspaper. One night I asked him to bring the newspaper to work tomorrow to prove what he had stated was true. He did, and it was the National Enquirer! He was adamant that what it said was true, because they wouldn't print it if it wasn't true.

Just goes to show, one is born every minute.....

Hypo

Now wait a minute...

What I mean is....Is this suppossed to a real "tabloid" that at least somewhat pretends that what the print is believable...

I mean...really...this was not just a gag that someone had printed up...?

It was a "legitimate' (is their such a thing) tabloid?...Or is it like...You know how you can have your face put on magazine covers and such for fun...

Cause..I may have to change careers if they can actually sell this

Cause..I may have to change careers if they can actually sell this

brn2crz, start printing up your resumes--These were actually for sale in the magazine racks at Walmart! In Scotland, where my husband's family lives, they read these on a regular basis and refer to it as "the paper", just like a real newspaper!:rolleyes:

I can remember growing up, my great-aunt had a subscription to the Enquirer. She would save them for us for when we visited. My sister and I would read those things for weeks wholeheartedly believing every word we read! Can you imagine how messed up we were for a while? Thank goodness we're older and wiser now! But, every now and then I find myself picking one up at the grocery store and wondering where do people get this stuff? (Maybe from a solitary life with no friends but those they find on message boards on the internet!:eek: ) JK! Always can count on you guys for a laugh! Thanks!

Oh Lord, I needed a good laugh today....... Too funny.

That is the same "newspaper" that had a photo of a baby in a life ring with the name Titanic on the ring. Said the baby was found floating in the Atlantic. Right? And if anyone will buy that, I have a really neat bridge to sell you in N.Y.C. Come on, some one buy my bridge and I can go on more Cruises......

In Scotland, where my husband's family lives, they read these on a regular basis and refer to it as "the paper", just like a real newspaper!:rolleyes:

Do they read them after taking their tartan tablets.....:rolleyes:

Archived