Pools, Hot Tubs And Cabanas On The Edge: What Are The Options?

vtcruising

There has been some discussion about the Edge pools and hot tubs on the Edge Forum, but I noticed that there isn't one thread where the info on all the pools and hot tubs is laid out. Also, I've noticed some people just coming onboard the Edge Forum have been asking about the pools and hot tubs. Now that we have more info and some recent construction pictures, it seems like we can better envision and discuss these areas.

The Main pool is larger and the pool deck looks amazing, though the Solarium pool seems smaller and the Retreat pool seems on the small side as well. I have noticed all of the pools have shallow side areas and room for loungers in those areas (have seen pictures of loungers in the Solarium and Main pool, but not sure if Retreat pool will have those). I think one of the reasons the Retreat and Solarium pools look smaller in the construction pictures is that the deep part of the empty pools look to be small. When water is added and those shallow areas are filled in, they will look larger and more like the size in the picture and the total dimensions given.

The Resort Deck Pool:

"At the center of this space (but not the center of attention) is a 25-yard lap pool, the largest in our fleet, featuring in-pool loungers. Positioned magnificently above the Pool Bar is an ever-changing LED light art installation. Along with unique tree sculptures that add an air of whimsy, it’s part of a remarkable poolside gallery that sets this space apart from any other at sea."

I had missed the part about the poolside art gallery - it sounds like this might be interesting: "Revolutionary in its vision, the Resort Deck is encompassed by an outward-facing asymmetrical pool deck with a poolside gallery full of oversized art installations."

FAST FACTS / F E ATURES

• Resort Deck Total Square Footage: 7,192 sq. ft.

• The 365 meter jogging track spans Decks 15 and 16.

• Pool Dimensions: 25 yd. x 10 yd., a 37% increase in size from the pools on Celebrity’s iconic Solstice Class pools

• Upscale plastic glassware with touches of color pleasantly compliment the refreshing pool-side cocktails and promote safety

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Construction Photos:

enhance

enhance

To be cont....

Edited by vtcruising

Cabanas:

"Just off the pool deck are the outward-facing, private cabanas. Spacious (165 square feet) and airy (more than 18 feet high), these luxurious coves invite you to climb in and get lost in the plush seating and incredible views of the sea. At night, ambient lighting turns the cabanas into intimate spaces perfect for enjoying cocktails and the moonlight glimmering off the ocean."

• Each of the six private cabanas is 15.7 ft. wide, 11.2 ft. in depth, and 18.4 ft. in height

o Seating capacity: 4 – 6 people (24 – 48 people total)

o Cabanas are available to all for a fee

They haven't announced the costs or amenities for the cabanas yet so we will have to wait to see what they will cost. They should be added to our cruise planners soon since they are running out of time.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Entryway into Cabanas:

enhance

Construction Photos:

enhance

enhance

To be cont.....

Main Pool Hot Tubs:

"Another attention-grabbing addition to the pool deck—and another first for Celebrity—are two striking, two-story martini hot tubs, that take unwinding at sea to new heights."

• The Martini Glass-shaped hot tubs are suspended 22 ft. over the pool deck

o Each hot tub has an overall radius of 9.68 ft.

enhance

enhance

Steps Up to The Hot Tub:

enhance

View from Hot Tub:

enhance

Construction Photo:

enhance

To be cont....

Solarium:

"Celebrity Edge continues the tradition of offering a covered pool area where adults can unwind in modern luxury style. The Solarium is home to one of Celebrity’s most popular culinary offerings, The Spa Café and Juice Bar, which offers a creative take on healthy cuisine, featuring an eclectic blend of offerings that are both flavorful and healthy. The three-dimensional art wall that represents the beautiful colors of sea glass and water-swept textures of the ocean is the perfect complement to the serene atmosphere where guests can restore both their tan and their peace-of-mind."

FAST FACTS / F E ATURES

• Solarium Total Square Footage: 3,360 sq. ft.

• Pool Dimensions: 40 ft. L x 30 ft. W

• The ultra-durable ETFE Solarium roof weighs about 1% the weight of glass, making it very lightweight

• The eco-friendly, 100% recyclable Solarium roof can be lit internally, creating an awe-inspiring glowing effect

enhance

Hot tub in foreground:

enhance

Spa Cafe:

enhance

Construction Photos:

enhance

The hot tub is to the right:

enhance

enhance

The Retreat Pool, Sundeck, Hot Tub and Cabanas:

"The chic atmosphere of The Retreat Sundeck rivals any high-end resort. This spacious outdoor lounge area, which includes The Retreat Pool and The Retreat Pool Bar, makes it easy to unplug with plush, stylish furniture, a full-sized pool, and a hot tub. Guests can relax in hanging chairs while the water laps beneath their feet or lay back in the shaded resort-style cabanas and soak up the nearly 240-degree panoramic views on the forward end of the ship.

Dedicated Pool Butlers are at service to make sure guests’ every whim is tended to – poolside cocktails from the The Retreat Pool Bar, which one-ups even the coolest Ibiza bar, fresh towels, refreshing treats, etc. The Retreat Sundeck is a private paradise aboard a floating paradise."

FAST FACTS / F E ATURES

The Retreat Sundeck Total Square Footage: 12,701 sq. ft.

o Seating Capacity: 190

o Pool – 16.8 ft. L X 10.9 ft. W X 4 ft. D

o Bar – 19 ft. long, seats eight

The Retreat Lounge Total Square Footage: 2,756 sq. ft., plus an 829 sq. ft. outdoor terrace with connection to the Suite Sun Deck – a total of 3,585 sq. ft.

o Seating Capacity: 100 Seats Indoor + 28 Seats Outdoor

Luminae @ The Retreat Total Square Footage: 4,133 sq. ft.

o Seating Capacity: 170 Seats

enhance

view of Retreat hot tub:

enhance

enhance

nice look at the cabanas (complimentary, I assume):

enhance

still hoping for the hippie bus!:

enhance

construction photo:

enhance

Thanks VT for the great summary/photos!

I still can’t see the cabanas in the retreat being free despite Celebrity indicating to you there would be no charge. NCL is adding for fee cabanas on the latest ships in the Haven and MSC Seaside yacht club also charged for their cabanas. People are paying premium suite prices on them and yet the cruise lines are still charging extra.

We can always hope they are included especially since the Retreat space isn’t very large and these cabanas appear to take up a lot of the space. Just can’t see them not taking the opportunity to charge for them.

Thanks VT for the great summary/photos!

I still can’t see the cabanas in the retreat being free despite Celebrity indicating to you there would be no charge. NCL is adding for fee cabanas on the latest ships in the Haven and MSC Seaside yacht club also charged for their cabanas. People are paying premium suite prices on them and yet the cruise lines are still charging extra.

We can always hope they are included especially since the Retreat space isn’t very large and these cabanas appear to take up a lot of the space. Just can’t see them not taking the opportunity to charge for them.

Actually, I have not asked them (sorry, didn't mean to imply that). This is my own presumption since there are so many of them and they are scattered around and not private in any way (seem nothing like the for charge cabanas on the pool deck - the Retreat ones are just a double lounge with cover). I was thinking of them like the cabana-like things they have a few of in the Solarium (or maybe between the pool and Solarium?). It's first come, first serve for those.

Interesting other ships have a charge for cabanas within their suite areas. Hope X doesn't go that direction, though we would rather have our loungers in the sun anyway! :D

There has been some discussion about the Edge pools and hot tubs on the Edge Forum, but I noticed that there isn't one thread where the info on all the pools and hot tubs is laid out. Also, I've noticed some people just coming onboard the Edge Forum have been asking about the pools and hot tubs. Now that we have more info and some recent construction pictures, it seems like we can better envision and discuss these areas.

The Main pool is larger and the pool deck looks amazing, though the Solarium pool seems smaller and the Retreat pool seems on the small side as well. I have noticed all of the pools have shallow side areas and room for loungers in those areas (have seen pictures of loungers in the Solarium and Main pool, but not sure if Retreat pool will have those). I think one of the reasons the Retreat and Solarium pools look smaller in the construction pictures is that the deep part of the empty pools look to be small. When water is added and those shallow areas are filled in, they will look larger and more like the size in the picture and the total dimensions given.

The Resort Deck Pool:

"At the center of this space (but not the center of attention) is a 25-yard lap pool, the largest in our fleet, featuring in-pool loungers. Positioned magnificently above the Pool Bar is an ever-changing LED light art installation. Along with unique tree sculptures that add an air of whimsy, it’s part of a remarkable poolside gallery that sets this space apart from any other at sea."

I had missed the part about the poolside art gallery - it sounds like this might be interesting: "Revolutionary in its vision, the Resort Deck is encompassed by an outward-facing asymmetrical pool deck with a poolside gallery full of oversized art installations."

FAST FACTS / F E ATURES

• Resort Deck Total Square Footage: 7,192 sq. ft.

• The 365 meter jogging track spans Decks 15 and 16.

• Pool Dimensions: 25 yd. x 10 yd., a 37% increase in size from the pools on Celebrity’s iconic Solstice Class pools

• Upscale plastic glassware with touches of color pleasantly compliment the refreshing pool-side cocktails

enhance

enhance

To be cont....

So that's what the white “frames” are for!!!

In the top photo you can see what look like large white frames along the railing. The first time I saw them I wondered what they could possibly be for. It now makes sense, they are for the oversized art alongside the pool.

In the top photo you can see what look like large white frames along the railing. The first time I saw them I wondered what they could possibly be for. It now makes sense, they are for the oversized art alongside the pool.

I didn't notice that - I am very intrigued and added it to my "Must See" list.

I suspect they needed the supports so adding art dresses it up

Can someone tell if each of these areas are open to all passengers or are some only for Suite guests?

Sorry, I should have been more clear about that. All are open to everyone, except the Retreat sundeck area is for suite guests only and the Solarium is for adults only.

I think the pool deck cabanas will also be extra charge,

From the pics, they look fairly large and like they will take up quite a bit of pool deck space...

I agree. X charges for the cabanas on the S-class ships. There will probably be a charge for them on the E-class ships too.

I think the pool deck cabanas will also be extra charge,

From the pics, they look fairly large and like they will take up quite a bit of pool deck space...

The pool deck cabanas will definitely have a charge. This was in the FAQs:

Whether the Retreat deck's cabanas have a charge is TBD, but my guess is not. :D

The pool deck cabanas will definitely have a charge. This was in the FAQs:

Whether the Retreat deck's cabanas have a charge is TBD, but my guess is not. :D

Considering what everyone is paying for Suites the cabanas in the Retreat should be first come first serve, no charge. 😎

If there is no charge, I wonder if there might be a potential problem with “cabana hogs” in the Retreat. Wonder how early in the morning the towels will be put out..? ;)

JK... It won't be me, I'm not a morning person. :D

If there is no charge, I wonder if there might be a potential problem with “cabana hogs” in the Retreat. Wonder how early in the morning the towels will be put out..? ;)

JK... It won't be me, I'm not a morning person. :D

I think of the Retreat cabanas as similar to these chairs (below) near the pool/Solarium on other X ships (in that they look like an upgrade over the loungers so more desirable). They are never empty or free of towels when I'm around, but I too would not get up early and put towels on these chairs. Like the hanging chairs over the Retreat pool, they are probably less comfortable than they look. I will try for a lounger in the sun at a normal hour - not really interested in the cabanas, though they look great for those needing/preferring to stay out of the sun.

If it becomes an issue (high demand and none ever available), maybe they will start charging to reserve one.

enhance

• 1 month later...

The cabana prices came up on my X app tonight $99 for port days and $199 for sea days.  That's cheaper than I thought they would be, since the ones on the Reflection are more (probably an introductory price). They are not on my cruise planners yet, but may be there soon, now that the app has them. If you want to book one, I would do it quickly since there are only 6 and I suspect the price will only rise.

They didn't describe what is included, such as water, fruit plate, etc. and optional picnic baskets, as seen with the Alcoves. Hopefully that will be added soon. I'm finding new things added to the app all the time. 😊

image.thumb.png.cab692abbc61c2368d127d3c04cf34e9.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The cabana prices came up on my X app tonight $99 for port days and $199 for sea days.  That's cheaper than I thought they would be, since the ones on the Reflection are more (probably an introductory price). They are not on my cruise planners yet, but may be there soon, now that the app has them. If you want to book one, I would do it quickly since there are only 6 and I suspect the price will only rise.

They didn't describe what is included, such as water, fruit plate, etc. and optional picnic baskets, as seen with the Alcoves. Hopefully that will be added soon. I'm finding new things added to the app all the time. 😊

Vt

Do the  non reserved loungers just behind the cabanas  face the pool area or out to the sea? I think the "umbrella tree" sculptures  are inward   between  the pool and the cabanas ,  so that would mean the loungers are inward,??????

If the cabanas block much of the sea views at the pool on that side of the pool deck, that would be a shame!  Many cruisers, esp in the Carib, look forward to enjoying the pool deck and great views! Cabanas  limit the space for others to enjoy...

On 11/13/2018 at 8:14 PM, vtcruising said:

Thanks for sharing all this info. The option to reserve a cabana hasn't appeared in my Cruise Planner yet, but I'm guessing it's because it's so far out (June 2019). Do you know how far in advance one can typically reserve a cabana on Celebrity ships?

On 11/14/2018 at 12:42 PM, hcat said:

Vt

Do the  non reserved loungers just behind the cabanas  face the pool area or out to the sea? I think the "umbrella tree" sculptures  are inward   between  the pool and the cabanas ,  so that would mean the loungers are inward,??????

If the cabanas block much of the sea views at the pool on that side of the pool deck, that would be a shame!  Many cruisers, esp in the Carib, look forward to enjoying the pool deck and great views! Cabanas  limit the space for others to enjoy...

The loungers closest to the cabanas and the row by the pool in front of those loungers on the cabana side look toward the pool. The row by the pool on the port side looks at the pool, but the row in back of them looks toward the ocean (and the ones under the walkway), so people have a choice (if there early enough) to look toward the pool or toward the ocean.  The deck plan also depicts the lounger direction plan. 🙂

image.thumb.png.18085150ee34036e6aadedceadb54668.png

image.thumb.png.1dee9259edd7639fd3ab92d579674f96.png