Canceling an Excursion

palermo22

Yes it is possible. Believe I read you can cancel two days b4 .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

However, there is a black out period right before you sail because MVJ becomes unavailable for managing bookings so they can transfer everything over to the ship. Can't remember if it blacks out one or two weeks prior to sailing. Once on board, cannot cancel less than 36 hours in advance. Deadlines will be announced in the dailies.

If you have a tour on Day2 that you know you want to cancel, do it before MVJ closes.

Here's the rules from the terms and conditions for Viking ocean cruises:

CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS FOR SHORE EXCURSIONS (OCEANS):

• In order to ensure quality guides and sufficient transportation, we must provide the tour operator with passenger counts at least 2 days in advance. Therefore no refunds will be given within 2 days of the tour.
  • Online booking and cancellations will close 7 days before your cruise sets sail.
  • During this 7 day pre-sail period, you can cancel items by calling us.
  • Once you arrive onboard, you will have the ability to manage your Shore Excursions and Dining options again, with one exception—all Shore Excursions that occur during the first two days of sailing will be non-refundable.
  • Please note, whether an optional tour is booked through My Viking Journey or onboard, refunds are only processed onboard and will be applied as credit towards your onboard invoice balance. Should you have a negative credit balance at the end of your voyage, the refund toward your credit card will be processed onboard. Please allow 14 business days for this to reflect on your statement.
  • Tours require minimum participation levels to operate so please sign up as early as possible.
  • Tours operate rain or shine.

[*]Please note, whether an optional tour is booked through My Viking Journey or onboard, refunds are only processed onboard and will be applied as credit towards your onboard invoice balance. Should you have a negative credit balance at the end of your voyage, the refund toward your credit card will be processed onboard. Please allow 14 business days for this to reflect on your statement.

This is an interesting point.

Does this mean that if you cancel online, you wouldn't be able to use the credit to book a different excursion online (since the refund won't be processed until onboard)?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Does this mean that if you cancel online, you wouldn't be able to use the credit to book a different excursion online (since the refund won't be processed until onboard)?

Good question. I would discuss this directly with the folks at tellus@vikingcruises.com.

I bought and cancelled a few optional tours via MVJ in April- May 2018. The refund has been processed almost immediately. You don’t get credit, you get a refund...UNLESS you cancelled during that 7 days period before sailing.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, coralfriend said:

I've cancelled an excursion for this 12/4 cruise, no problem.  Posted to credit card about 11 days later.

I think the issue is the OBC that might not get refunded. There is no credit card attached to the excursion reservation.