Lisbon dock. Shuttle?

mef_57

Hi. I did check Lisbon Port of Call board, and it looks like Cunard offers shuttles to down town Lisbon...or did at one time.

Does anyone know whether this is still the case, and if there is a particular dock they use?

Thanks.

Probably not if you are berthed at the new city centre port where it is within walking distance of the centre.

....but we don't know if that is where we will be? I think it is too soon to get that info from port websites. Do they tell us some time before embarkation about tendering, or which dock we will use?

Thanks.

....but we don't know if that is where we will be? I think it is too soon to get that info from port websites. Do they tell us some time before embarkation about tendering, or which dock we will use?

Thanks.

This is the official port site:

http://www.portodelisboa.pt/portal/page/portal/PORTAL_PORTO_LISBOA_ING/CRUZEIROS/PREVISAO_NAVIOS_CRUZEIRO

It looks like they assign the berthing schedule a month at a time and they are up through November so I would expect December assignments to be up by early November.

I don't think Lisbon Rocha can take a ship the size of QE so the berth should be either near enough town so a shuttle will not be used. For Alacanta Cunard may or may not provide a shuttle (I've only been there on Crystal and they do). If there is not a suburban train stop (with service to town and to Cascais) and I think also a tram stop nearby.

Roy

Hi. I did check Lisbon Port of Call board, and it looks like Cunard offers shuttles to down town Lisbon...or did at one time.

Does anyone know whether this is still the case, and if there is a particular dock they use?

Thanks.

We visited lisbon in April this year on QV and docked close to the city (not by the bridge). Cunard provided a shuttle bus to the city centre. However if you enjoy a walk it can be quicker in rush hour to walk than catch the bus.

We visited lisbon in April this year on QV and docked close to the city (not by the bridge). Cunard provided a shuttle bus to the city centre. However if you enjoy a walk it can be quicker in rush hour to walk than catch the bus.

Now that you mention it, that is my experience as well. I tend to do strings of cruises and I did a combination of QM2 eastbound, a QE Canary Island cruise, and a westbound TA from Lisbon on Seabourn. When QE called at Lisbon I took one of my bags to my hotel on Avenida Square for storage until I returned to Lisbon. The shuttle stopped right by the square.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wiltonian said:

Visited Lisbon on the QE last week. It berthed at the new "central" cruise terminal, and a shuttle was provided to the centre of the city - free, even for Early Booker people. 🙂

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.

We were on a big Princess ship in April and ported near the Santa Appolonia Metro station, also within walking distance of the lower city and the major tourist attractions.  The new big cruise ship terminal is there, mostly up and running.