Top Ten Reasons To Sail On The Edge: What Are Yours?

vtcruising

I found this list on the X website. At first glance they looked to me like the usual marketing points, but when I thought about it further, I realized that some of these were actual reasons I booked and continue to be excited. I listed mine at the end. What are your top reasons for sailing the Edge (you don't need to list 10)?

TOP 10 REASONS TO CRUISE ON CELEBRITY EDGE

If you’ve been researching a cruise vacation, look no further. Here are 10 reasons why you should set sail on board Celebrity Cruises’ newest ship, Celebrity Edge.

You Love What’s New and Cutting Edge

When Celebrity Edge debuts in 2018, it’s destined to be a game-changer for the cruise industry thanks to its modern resort ambiance that blends together indoor and outdoor space like never before on a cruise ship. From staterooms to dining to entertainment, nothing on a Celebrity Edge cruise will be status quo and you’ll find delightful pockets of innovation and luxury wherever you are on board.

The Magic Carpet

The Magic Carpet instantly distinguishes Celebrity Edge from other ships before you ever even step on board thanks to its cantilevered position on the side of the ship. In the evenings, the Magic Carpet turns into a luxurious restaurant when it “floats” up to Deck 16. You’ll get the amazing chance to dine right over the open water. Get ready for some incredible views from your table. The Magic Carpet also moves to other decks throughout the day, becoming an extension of the pool area on Deck 14 at times, and an al fresco extension of another specialty restaurant on Deck 5.

Destination Gateway

The Magic Carpet isn’t only for dining. It also serves as a relaxing and luxurious waiting area, referred to as the Destination Gateway, for passengers to sit and chat until their tender boat comes to collect them and take them ashore during port days. Plus, you won’t be boarding any normal tender while sailing on a Celebrity Edge cruise; instead, you’ll step into one of the Edge Launches, a covered, air-conditioned boat with bucket seats and large windows for prime viewing of your new destination.

Outdoor Ambiance

Celebrity Edge is all about the outdoor space, whether it’s through stateroom or suite verandahs, al fresco dining, or open deck space. Two places the outdoor ambiance of the ship really stands out, though, is the Pool Deck and Rooftop Garden.

Celebrity Edge’s modern Pool Deck has panoramic windows positioned to make viewing the passing sea and land formations easy to take in. Plus, two raised hot tubs shaped like martini glasses give passengers another amazing vantage point for taking in those glistening ocean views. The Pool Deck also has luxurious cabanas lining one side of it, which can be rented out by guests.

The Rooftop Garden keeps the nature aspect from the Solstice-Class’ Lawn Club by adorning the area with greenery tended to by a resident horticulturist. Throughout the day, games and activities are conducted in the Rooftop Garden and at night it transforms into an entertainment venue for live music and Celebrity Cruises’ popular “A Taste of Film” experience, which combines an al fresco meal and movie.

Eden: Dining Like You’ve Never Seen Before

All of the dining experiences on Celebrity Edge offer upscale settings with gourmet ingredients. Eden, however, stands out – and not just from the other restaurants on board your Celebrity Edge cruise, but from all cruise ship dining. Eden is a transformative and interactive dining experience that takes place in a special space on the ship that extends over three decks with a background of glass windows. It is decorated to reflect a nature wonderland and when you’re dining there, “Edenists” come around to entertain you and serve you your dinner. The cuisine itself will be experiential with elements of surprise and is incorporated into the whole experience — this isn’t your typical sit-down restaurant dining experience.

Designer Touches

The look and design of Celebrity Edge was led by internationally renowned interior designer Kelly Hoppen and prestigious architect Tom Wright. Popular designer Nate Berkus was also brought on to serve as Celebrity Edge’s design ambassador. You’ll see their expert design style all throughout the ship, giving it a contemporary vibe with artistic flair.

Luxurious Staterooms

The staterooms on a Celebrity Edge cruise are modern and spacious. 99% of the rooms on Celebrity Edge have king size beds plus you’ll find larger bathrooms, more storage space for your belongings, and spacious living areas. Celebrity Edge offers inside and outside staterooms (the latter of which have windows looking out to the sea), but its true stateroom claim to fame are the unique Infinite Veranda staterooms. The Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda features state-of-the-art doors that open completely to let you bring the sea air right into your stateroom, and so you can effortlessly step to the railing and see the views that await you. Outdoor ambiance is now a prominent fixture for many of the staterooms and suites on Celebrity Edge.

Jaw-Dropping Suites

The suites on board Celebrity Edge will give you extra space while continuing to offer innovative and private outdoor areas. If you really want to douse yourself in luxury during your cruise, consider the Celebrity Edge’s Iconic Suites or Edge Villas.

The 2-bedroom Iconic Suites are nearly 2,600 square feet in size and feature panoramic windows in the bedrooms and living spaces plus a 700-foot, 270-degree ocean view verandah, all of which will have you relaxing to pleasurable ocean views no matter where you are in the suite.

The Edge Villas also have amazing ocean views, with 2-story windows and a private plunge pool on the verandah. Yes, picture that right now…looking out at the vast blue sea from your own private plunge pool. Guests staying in Edge Villas also have direct walk-out access to the Retreat Sundeck, a private area of the ship just for suite guests, which has a pool, lounge, and specialty restaurant.

Tropical Itineraries

Celebrity Edge’s first sailing will depart December 16, 2018, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, which will also serve as Celebrity Edge’s homeport. Celebrity Edge will offer two different itineraries from Fort Lauderdale. One will be an Eastern Caribbean cruise that visits San Juan, Puerto Rico; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; and Philipsburg, St. Maarten. The other itinerary option sails around the Western Caribbean and stops in Key West, Florida; Costa Maya, Mexico; Cozumel, Mexico; and George Town, Grand Cayman. You can visit all ports of call and make your vacation a 14-night one by booking back-to-back sailings.

A Good Cause

Celebrity Cruises has partnered up with the Malala Foundation, which strives to bring a 12-year education to all girls. The foundation was started by 19-year old Malala Yousafzai, who is a Nobel Laureate and U.N. Messenger of Peace. She is also the Godmother of Celebrity Edge.

My Top Ten (not in any order):

1. Overall edginess - want a new experience with cutting edge options, but have the familiarity of the excellent X product.

2. I have to say that one of the main reasons I booked the first day was to experience the suite experience of a separate Retreat area and later was pleased to see the new Terminal 25, with a separate suite embarkation area, lounge and rooftop area. I'm glad I did book when I did because, unless prices go back down, I won't be able to book Edge suites in the future. Interestingly, though I look forward to experiencing The Retreat, the more I learn about the ship, the more I realize that we likely will enjoy the ship without being in a suite in the future, as long as we can get SV's with traditional balconies. I am very happy they continued to have the corner aft S1's, as they are a favorite for us, with their huge balconies and amazing 180 degree views.

3. I love the ship's overall ambiance of elegance, but with a touch of whimsy and surprise. I feel that they didn't pinch pennies when designing this ship. It feels like it will be a work of art in many ways (I don't like everything, but that is not surprising - it needs to appeal to a broad base of people). I am really looking forward to seeing the art throughout the ship, which is reportedly awesome, and to looking up when coming into rooms as one rep recommended to me.

4. I do like the look of public areas, such as the Rooftop Garden, the pool area, the beautiful Solarium, the Grand Plaza looks like it will be amazing and Eden will likely have some nice nooks and crannies (and a nice place for classes,etc). Cafe al Bacio looks gorgeous and might be a good place for me to hang out and read over a cup of tea.

5. I am looking forward to the dining venues because there are new choices. The MDRs will be fun to try, Blu looks lovely and Luminae will have amazing views and hopefully continue to have excellent food and service. On my first cruise, I have no idea what type of stateroom we will be assigned. Most likely I will get to try the new MDRs, which would be great.

I love all the choices we have for complimentary dining such as the Eden Cafe and Grand Plaza Cafe, especially for lunch and munchies. I imagine the new OVC will be re-imagined and maybe even better than other X ships. The specialties are intriguing and on the whole, beautifully designed. I'm not sure we will be repeat customers for all, but look forward to trying everything.

6. The Magic Carpet is interesting and I will certainly try to experience dining on the MC for the novelty of it all, but the main benefit of the MC for me is the tendering improvement - hope we get to try it.

7. The entertainment intrigues me, but I'm not sure if much of it will be our cup of tea. I am looking forward to experiencing the new theater and shows. The Club entertainment may be too edgy for us, but will go in with an open mind. They haven't laid out the whole entertainment program yet - will have to wait to see the dailies in December.

8. I must say that I am excited about the technology piece. I may change my mind onboard quickly, but I will be immediately trying out the virtual concierge to have a drink delivered (I might try doing it in a restroom to see if they will deliver it there ;)). I will definitely be trying the xray technology soon after I board!! My DH is less techno savvy at this point in time, so who knows what might happen to our lights at 3 AM and what cocktails will be delivered at 5 AM. :D

9. The Spa looks wonderful on this ship. It is usually not a big draw for me, but I do want to experience the Thermal Suite and have a Thai Herbal Massage booked.

10. The excitement of a new class of ship is a huge part of the reason I booked. For the bell curve for trying new things, I tend to be on the early part of the curve. I feel like we are going on an adventure in November. Bring it on!! :D

It is our 25th wedding anniversary so we booked because:

We love cruising and our last land holiday was a bit 'flat'

We love the itinerary

We get to visit Sorrento where we stayed for our honeymoon

We get to stay in Rome for 3 days before the cruise and visit amazing place pre cruise that have special memories for us

The ship is new and different

We loved the look of the IV cabins (not so sure now to be honest)

The last time we did a cruise on a new ship (Silhouette) it was so special. Not sure if the build up to Edge is as exciting to be honest as some part of the ship are not to our taste. (Eden) BUT we will focus on the good bits

Looking back this is a lot to do with itinerary and the fact that she is new - I think she will be beautiful and more special on the inside than on the outside.

Whatever, it will be special -- just hope that she is the right choice. It was either this or 2 weeks in a 5 star hotel in Sorrento. Hope we have made the right choice this time as it is a special one for us

I think you made a good choice. Hope you have a great cruise a very happy 25th Wedding anniversary.

Main reasons we booked EDGE

It's new, has the Inf Veranda with AQ class with alot of hi tech gizmos for dh to play with .

BLU and also new varied dining venues, including lunch

an amazing looking thermal suite area, spa and spa treatment rooms

, new areas to explore like Roof top garden..Eden gathering area, Grand Plaza, Cafe Baccio, Solarium, new theatre design , the Club, Sunset Bar hopefully some small quiet bar venues

and, fact that if we did not book early we would be priced out of AQ Class and the Sunset Veranda ( our second booked cruise on EDGE)

Looking forward to it all

VT, I didn't think there was anyone more excited about being on the Edge than me, but I think you've got me beat!! I love your threads and have really enjoyed learning about all things Edge and want to thank you for your time and hard work! I sail in 177 days so I have a little bit of a wait but here's my top 10 list:

1. I LOVE cruising, regardless of the ship or cruise line. Celebrity is my line of choice but if they don't offer anything that fits with my vacation time, I am not opposed to looking elsewhere. So, when I read about the Edge right here on CC a year or so ago, I was immediately intrigued. When I saw that she had an itinerary that fit with my schedule, I was hooked!

2. Brand new ship in the Celebrity fleet...I've never done this before.

3. The Edge brand seems really classy and I love all things classy.

4. Everything about her seems current and different. It's almost as if the Edge is on the edge of setting the standard for a new era of cruising. (I imagined dramatic background music in my head when I typed that one.)

5. I can't wait to experience The Retreat.

6. The people! We so enjoy meeting new people and have made many new friends on Celebrity ships. I'm expecting nothing less from the Edge.

7. New dining options and interesting public areas on the ship with hip design elements.

8. The ship is beautiful!

9. I feel like if I never left the ship, I wouldn't get bored. The ship is the destination.

10. I have new outfits to wear!! I have cruise clothing hanging in my new cruise closet (thanks to another thread) that I'm saving just for the Edge. (Just got an eye roll from DH.)

VT, I didn't think there was anyone more excited about being on the Edge than me, but I think you've got me beat!! I love your threads and have really enjoyed learning about all things Edge and want to thank you for your time and hard work! I sail in 177 days so I have a little bit of a wait but here's my top 10 list:

1. I LOVE cruising, regardless of the ship or cruise line. Celebrity is my line of choice but if they don't offer anything that fits with my vacation time, I am not opposed to looking elsewhere. So, when I read about the Edge right here on CC a year or so ago, I was immediately intrigued. When I saw that she had an itinerary that fit with my schedule, I was hooked!

2. Brand new ship in the Celebrity fleet...I've never done this before.

3. The Edge brand seems really classy and I love all things classy.

4. Everything about her seems current and different. It's almost as if the Edge is on the edge of setting the standard for a new era of cruising. (I imagined dramatic background music in my head when I typed that one.)

5. I can't wait to experience The Retreat.

6. The people! We so enjoy meeting new people and have made many new friends on Celebrity ships. I'm expecting nothing less from the Edge.

7. New dining options and interesting public areas on the ship with hip design elements.

8. The ship is beautiful!

9. I feel like if I never left the ship, I wouldn't get bored. The ship is the destination.

10. I have new outfits to wear!! I have cruise clothing hanging in my new cruise closet (thanks to another thread) that I'm saving just for the Edge. (Just got an eye roll from DH.)

Love your enthusiasm! I'm going to go clean a closet out....:D

1. It’s a Celebrity ship.

2. It’s a new Celebrity ship.

3. The Infinite Veranda.

4. Four dining rooms.

5. A very new design approach.

6. A new ship that doesn’t have 5,000+ passengers.

7-10. The photos and threads on this forum built by vtcruising and Lloyd555 and others getting me excited.

Den

1) To be honest we had a few cocktails and wondered into the future cruises area (this was almost a year and halfish ago). They had pictures of this ship and had it all over the Silhouette. Sounded like fun and liked the itinerary. Signed up.

2) Loved the new concepts (infinite veranda) and the new modern look

3) Lloydd555 has gotten us all jazzed with him pictures as she was being built. Now I'm hooked

4-10 What's not to like about a brand new ship!