Suite Balcony Dining

Ep010835

Once again, I'm confused. (I seem to be there a lot as I'm trying to get my arms around our upcoming sailing.)

On the subject of Suite Balcony Dining there seem to be many options. Both for breakfast and dinner. Some of the options seem to be included in the suite package. Some are clearly extra cost purchases. My dilemma is that I can't determine with certainty which is which.

Is anyone able to PLEASE help me understand the various offerings and how they fit within the spectrum of "included" or "extra cost"?

Thanks!

I have never done the Ultimate Balcony Dining ($$) but that is an option for any passenger (balcony or not).

For "free", you have the option of:

Breakfast at Sabatini's (or designated specialty restaurant). I have yet to have this delivered to my suite.

Club Class dining (breakfast, sea days, dinner)

You can request Main Dining Room menus delivered to your suite. If you decide to to order from the MDR, you may have it delivered (from MDR via Room Service to your suite). Everything you order will arrive at one time...including the ice cream). MDR dining in your suite is only available during MDR hours (port days lunch is not an option).

Once again, I'm confused. (I seem to be there a lot as I'm trying to get my arms around our upcoming sailing.)

On the subject of Suite Balcony Dining there seem to be many options. Both for breakfast and dinner. Some of the options seem to be included in the suite package. Some are clearly extra cost purchases. My dilemma is that I can't determine with certainty which is which.

Is anyone able to PLEASE help me understand the various offerings and how they fit within the spectrum of "included" or "extra cost"?

Thanks!

Ultimate Balcony Dinner (UBD) is $50pp. Servers and several course meal/flowers/photo/cocktail/champagne.

Ultimate Balcony Breakfast (1 usually included as a suite perk) $45 if purchased,

food dropped off and you decide where you want to eat it in your cabin.

As far as room service food from the DR menus (breakfast/lunch/dinner), they will drop it off and you can dine anywhere in your cabin that you want. Its up to you where you move it and eat it. :)

You can order room service from the dining room menu during open dining hours. The breakfast would be from the regular dining room breakfast menu, not Sabatini's. We did this just the last morning, when Sabatini's was not open. Lunch is only on days when the dining room is open for lunch. Otherwise, you'd have to stick with the regular room service menu available to everyone. Dinner is the regular menu for the evening. I don't think it includes whatever special off-menu items that they're serving in Club Class that night.

When you order from room service and want to eat on the balcony, they will set everything up there. They usually bring a table cloth, but not always, so I always let them know I want a table cloth. You can also order your food in courses to avoid everything coming at once. It is customary to tip for each delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ultimate Balcony Breakfast (1 usually included as a suite perk) $45 if purchased,

food dropped off and you decide where you want to eat it in your cabin.

:)

Wait a minute????? Never knew this and I have been sailing in suites for years (just last month). Never mind. Don't think I would give up Sabatini's (or other) for a UBB.

Wait a minute????? Never knew this and I have been sailing in suites for years (just last month). Never mind. Don't think I would give up Sabatini's (or other) for a UBB.

It says it was from the TA for the suite but the TA said its actually from Princess.

Thats why we just asked for a refund for the $45.

Took a day or 2 but it was credited back to our account.

If the cruise veterans are confused too, then I feel a bit better.

:)

When you order from room service and want to eat on the balcony, they will set everything up there. They usually bring a table cloth, but not always, so I always let them know I want a table cloth. You can also order your food in courses to avoid everything coming at once. It is customary to tip for each delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is NOT customary to double tip. Nobody asked about tipping so why start this controversial topic? The auto gratuity includes the room service so most people do not keep tipping and tipping and then tip some more despite what several CC members keep rumoring.

It is NOT customary to double tip. Nobody asked about tipping so why start this controversial topic? The auto gratuity includes the room service so most people do not keep tipping and tipping and then tip some more despite what several CC members keep rumoring.

We always tip when we get a delivery from room service. We were in the grand suite for a month and had MDR dinner delivered several times a week. We usually had dinner for six and found we liked ordering by the course. With so many dishes, the room service staff was very busy and we did tip every time they came up. We got to know them very well and they deserved a healthy tip.

Our ta would always give us the balcony breakfast as a gift. We enjoyed Sabatini's much more so, like Colo Cruiser, we cashed it in every time.

We always tip when we get a delivery from room service. We were in the grand suite for a month and had MDR dinner delivered several times a week. We usually had dinner for six and found we liked ordering by the course. With so many dishes, the room service staff was very busy and we did tip every time they came up. We got to know them very well and they deserved a healthy tip.

Our ta would always give us the balcony breakfast as a gift. We enjoyed Sabatini's much more so, like Colo Cruiser, we cashed it in every time.

You can feel free to tip all you want but this was not even a question so why start a popcorn thread. As to cashing in the Balcony Breakfast it is no longer allowed although we know ask different people get different answers but we were denied trading ours in.

Here is a question for the group. Again, this supports the OP's comment about experienced cruisers being confused.

We sailed in a suite on a short 5-day cruise last winter. After the cruise my wife complained to me that the room steward never provided information on the in-cabin suite breakfast--not the Sabatini's breakfast. Is there such a thing? I know about the "door hanger" breakfast that is offered for all cabins, I know about the UBB and I know about ordering off the dining room menu. Is there some special breakfast option from room service that is a suite exclusive?

No special in cabin suite breakfast.

Every cruise is different but . And from reports here, customer service sometimes allow things and other times doesn't.

Well that started out being very clear and, then, proceeded to confusion.

What does "we have never had a problem switching balcony breakfast for OBC" mean?

Based on your opening paragraph it sounds like a scenario where you received an Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, either as a part of a Princess promotion or a gift from a travel agent, and you were able to exchange it for on board credit.

I went to the itemization of suite amenities and benefits at the Princess web site, and the only mention of any kind of breakfast was the fact that you could order from the dining room menu, So, I am, pretty much, in agreement with Compozer's initial statement.

No wonder I've been confused!:o

I still don't know with any certainty if the UBB is something that is provided by the TA (mine has not) or provided by PCL. Or simply NOT provided AT ALL.

Like XB Guy, I first looked at the PCL Suite Amenities link to determine if one or more UBB is included as a suite perk. Didn't see the subject listed.

Yet many posters describe having received a complimentary UBB. It appears no consensus exists on this topic. Guess I'll wait until on board and ask PCL personnel. I'll report back on what we find.

XBGuy: Your wife is correct. Suites get a yellow folder with the breakfast specials available the next morning. The specials come from and are available in the MDR. I write them in on the door hanger and they show up. (But the MDR has to be open at the time you choose on the hanger)

UBB "coupon" is a TA deal - it's been confirmed here on CC. I'd suppose it's one of many perk choices they can pass on to customers.

Edited by Ferd Berfle

Well that started out being very clear and, then, proceeded to confusion.

What does "we have never had a problem switching balcony breakfast for OBC" mean?

Based on your opening paragraph it sounds like a scenario where you received an Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, either as a part of a Princess promotion or a gift from a travel agent, and you were able to exchange it for on board credit.

I went to the itemization of suite amenities and benefits at the Princess web site, and the only mention of any kind of breakfast was the fact that you could order from the dining room menu, So, I am, pretty much, in agreement with Compozer's initial statement.

Yes, for the past ten years, our ta has gifted us a balcony breakfast along with obc. And I always have gone down to customer service and traded it for obc. Not from Princess.

Yes, for the past ten years, our ta has gifted us a balcony breakfast along with obc. And I always have gone down to customer service and traded it for obc. Not from Princess.

Not sure whats up with this UBB offering Sandy but the TA said it shows from them but they have nothing to do with it. That was last month. :confused:

I could care less about it and appreciated the fact that they credited it back to our account. :cool:

Keith,

gee, I never thought about it until now but we always received specialty restaurant dining from our AMEX and the card always said it was from our ta. I always thanked her for it and she took credit for it.

Sandy

Keith,

gee, I never thought about it until now but we always received specialty restaurant dining from our AMEX and the card always said it was from our ta. I always thanked her for it and she took credit for it.

Sandy

Interesting, we don't use Amex. :o

Keith,

The platinum card is great for traveling. We get a $300 obc for booking a suite. So on a b2b, we get $600. It has been really nice since we usually have been doing four cruises a year. It pays for the yearly fee. We use to get the specialty dinner but they seem to have eliminated that. We did not get it in the spring. I meant to call and ask so not completely sure it is gone. Just too busy with other things to make a call. We also get a $200 credit for airline extra fees per year. Plus gets us into airport lounges. They paid the global entry fee and will do our renewal next year.

Not sure it would be worth it if we did not travel so much.

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 4:12 PM, Ferd Berfle said:

XBGuy: Your wife is correct. Suites get a yellow folder with the breakfast specials available the next morning. The specials come from and are available in the MDR. I write them in on the door hanger and they show up. (But the MDR has to be open at the time you choose on the hanger)

UBB "coupon" is a TA deal - it's been confirmed here on CC. I'd suppose it's one of many perk choices they can pass on to customers.

do the MDR menus come the night before?

regarding the UBB, how far in advance do you need to reserve? i'm gonna def eat in sabatinis to see how it is 1st day but if its that good i may want to forgo UBB especially since i have a UBD already paid for. 

for those who have gotten credit for the UBB, did you ever book thru princess TA as i did?

On 10/6/2018 at 10:12 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

I have never done the Ultimate Balcony Dining ($$) but that is an option for any passenger (balcony or not).

For "free", you have the option of:

Breakfast at Sabatini's (or designated specialty restaurant). I have yet to have this delivered to my suite.

Club Class dining (breakfast, sea days, dinner)

You can request Main Dining Room menus delivered to your suite. If you decide to to order from the MDR, you may have it delivered (from MDR via Room Service to your suite). Everything you order will arrive at one time...including the ice cream). MDR dining in your suite is only available during MDR hours (port days lunch is not an option).

Don't forget that suite passengers also get a complimentary specialty restaurant booking (including balcony dining) on night of embarkation for cruises 6 days or longer.... we have chosen to have UBD as we head out past the Sydney Opera House in 27 days :-)