best beach for snorkelling

bebe08

Hi All, we were in St. Lucia a few years ago and did a tour with Spencer Ambrose that included snorkelling at Sugar beach. We really loved the snorkelling there.

We are going back to St. Lucia in Feb and wondering if there are other beaches that compare to Sugar beach re snorkelling? Spencer Ambrose charges $90 pp just to go to the beach which seems a bit steep. I am looking to see what other beach options might suit us.

I was also looking at this resort but not sure what the snorkelling is like

http://www.resortforaday.com/St-Lucia-Day-Pass-p/stlcbgbr.htm It is also fairly expensive.

We are happy with a beach where we can rent an umbrella and chairs and buy drinks/food, and snorkel from the beach. Any suggestions?

Hi All, we were in St. Lucia a few years ago and did a tour with Spencer Ambrose that included snorkelling at Sugar beach. We really loved the snorkelling there.

We are going back to St. Lucia in Feb and wondering if there are other beaches that compare to Sugar beach re snorkelling? Spencer Ambrose charges $90 pp just to go to the beach which seems a bit steep. I am looking to see what other beach options might suit us.

I was also looking at this resort but not sure what the snorkelling is like

http://www.resortforaday.com/St-Lucia-Day-Pass-p/stlcbgbr.htm It is also fairly expensive.

We are happy with a beach where we can rent an umbrella and chairs and buy drinks/food, and snorkel from the beach. Any suggestions?

There's no snorkeking from BGBR. It's a great resort, right on Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay. That's a pretty good prices, considering it includes transfers, which are $35USD one way if you go on your own - which you could easily do, the beach is public, chairs and umbrellas for rent, watersports, etc. And several beach bars and restaurants..

Most of the snorkeking is in the southwest of the island - from Anse Cochon on down around the Pitons and into Choisel and Laborie. Generally speaking, the best snorkeling is at Anse Chastenet, Hummingbird/Soufriere beachfront, Sugar Beach, and Anse I'vorgne. All are 1-1.5 hours from port, taxi is easily $100 each way. spencer's tour is very good value for money considering its a boat transfer (more expensive than by land done privately, but much shorter), includes food and drink, etc.

Good luck with the research, and enjoy.

Thanks very much Reedprincess, that helps put into perspective re the cost and what the options are.

St. Lucia was one of our favourite ports and we are looking forward to visiting again :)

Thanks very much Reedprincess, that helps put into perspective re the cost and what the options are.

St. Lucia was one of our favourite ports and we are looking forward to visiting again :)

There is Pigeon Island National Landmark. There is some snorkeling, only 30 minutes from cruise port and $35.00 one way for transfer up to 4 persons. Though beaches are small they are never crowded. There's also snuba done there, hiking up the fort, jet skis on the outside of the back for rent. You can rent you beach chairs. There are two restaurants there. a relatively quiet and inexpensive place. Serenitytvl offers a tour there and with drinks and chairs included.

https://****************/portfolio/fun-at-the-beach/

• 2 weeks later...

looking for an alternative to Spencer Ambrose....his webisite is great, excursions are very well priced BUT  I am very worried about the reliability of his boats from some write up on CC and Trip Advisor!!!  The reviews are either excellent and scary BAD!!!

We would like a 1/2 snorkeling tour.  Have been to Anse Chastenet and loved it....our experience there lead to getting SCUBA certified!!!  Any recent experiences that you would recommend?  We will be there December 15 for 10 hours.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 7:12 AM, deec said:

looking for an alternative to Spencer Ambrose....his webisite is great, excursions are very well priced BUT  I am very worried about the reliability of his boats from some write up on CC and Trip Advisor!!!  The reviews are either excellent and scary BAD!!!

We would like a 1/2 snorkeling tour.  Have been to Anse Chastenet and loved it....our experience there lead to getting SCUBA certified!!!  Any recent experiences that you would recommend?  We will be there December 15 for 10 hours.

Mystic Man does s great snorkeling trip 

Or check Island Divers from Ti Kaye. 

• Like 1