Cruise Critic Changing

jo-b

I noticed this announcement on the river cruising forum and was surprised no one on here had responded to the notification in the stickies. Having just tried to add a reply I find I am not allowed to reply so that explains why no one here has commented!

I’ve only just recently found the CC app and it has been really easy posting and adding photos during our river cruise, I’m amazed it is now obsolete and not being replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So is there any app still or not? Reads like there isnt? I’m not sure I want something as easy as an app, i like the real thing! I have everything set through apps these days, much more accessible than bookmarks and favourites?

Interesting decision, time will tell how it works for those who are Mac/Apple/apps driven.

Edited by uktog

So is there any app still or not? Reads like there isnt? I’m not sure I want something as easy as an app, i like the real thing! I have everything set through apps these days, much more accessible than bookmarks and favourites?

Interesting decision, time will tell how it works for those who are Mac/Apple/apps driven.

I for one will be 'devastated' if I cannot use the Forums on my Apple iPhone or Ipad. It's not always possible or easy to access when you're travelling, please tell me it's not true.....

Thanks for the heads up Jo, I for one had not noticed the stickie although to be honest I very rarely look at them.

For those of us using Apple products it is easy to add Cruise Critic to your home screen so that it would look like an app. Just go to the website in Safari and log in then go to the upload/function button (box with an arrow) one of the options is add to home screen, this will add a shortcut button to the home screen so that it looks like an app with the CC logo.

For those of us using Apple products it is easy to add Cruise Critic to your home screen so that it would look like an app. Just go to the website in Safari and log in then go to the upload/function button (box with an arrow) one of the options is add to home screen, this will add a shortcut button to the home screen so that it looks like an app with the CC logo.

Thanks for this, it’ll certainly make life easier.

I only ever use the phone app....how annoying!

Super annoying. I never use anything else than the iPhone App. I hardly ever use a computer or laptop any more, and am most definitely not going to haul it along on trips just to use Cruise Critic. How any travel site, blog or forum can decide not to be mobile is beyond my comprehension.

Sorry HGC, look and feel is irrelevant, it’s the functionality that matters! Riocca solution doesn’t work for me but I will investigate again once the new offering is live. The lack of app functionality is a retrograde step.

My concern is that it reads as if current CC forum is now an archive so

a) for those of us that know there is an old site there will be two places to look for info

B) new people will be asking all the same questions as there will be no prior info for them to search on.

My concern is that it reads as if current CC forum is now an archive so

a) for those of us that know there is an old site there will be two places to look for info

B) new people will be asking all the same questions as there will be no prior info for them to search on.

Good point. I think the communication is badly written and am still hoping that’s not the case however Cruise Critic is a part of a commercial operator and it may have plans otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry HGC, look and feel is irrelevant, it’s the functionality that matters! Riocca solution doesn’t work for me but I will investigate again once the new offering is live. The lack of app functionality is a retrograde step.

Totally agree. I was able to add the icon to my home screen and I will try to hold judgement until they bring up the new site. I loved the app for the ease of looking at latest posts, especially to my subscribed threads and current areas of interest. I do tend to use a device with a 'real' keyboard when I want to post. :o

15 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Agree on the font.  Already had my eye test this year. 

marinaro you can change the font size easily in the dropdown size menu..

Norris (this is size 24)

• Like 1

Hi Bimmer-09, Good thing! I wonder if there's a way to make a bigger font the default for composing (and reading other's posts?)
I'll look around to see what bells & whistles we've gained from the upgrade. If anyone has discovered some and wants to share them here, that will be most appreciated. For example I've just found we now have far more emojis to select...such as the Amazara fist bump!

👊

• Like 1

Apple added cream cheese to its new bagel emoji, but cruise critic doesn't even have a bagel.  👎

Okay, all kidding aside, I'm always good on upgrades.  Looks nice.  I know Azamara is heading to Alaska and that was our summer cruise on Celebrity and I hope people post some nice photos.  We stayed at the Harbor 360 Hotel after our cruise and this was taken right in back.  

Otter.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Bimmer-09, Good thing! I wonder if there's a way to make a bigger font the default for composing (and reading other's posts?)
I'll look around to see what bells & whistles we've gained from the upgrade. If anyone has discovered some and wants to share them here, that will be most appreciated. For example I've just found we now have far more emojis to select...such as the Amazara fist bump!

👊

There are many posts on the Help board about the font size and they have noted it so hopefully it will be sorted.

Phil

• Thanks 1