30 year Anniversary cruise???

Surfguyxxx

We're going to be together for 30 years in October 2019. Husband would like to do Europe (we've done it a handful of times) and I'm leaning towards a Trans Pacific. We've not done that itinerary so it sounds like fun. Any fellow cruisers have any thoughts or recommendations as to where to go to celebrate our triumph? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, surfguy, that's awesome!  I guess the answer all depends on what type of cruise destinations/activities you like, where you've already been, any "bucket list" destinations and what time of year you plan to travel.  We really enjoyed a French Polynesia trip (including the romantic over-the-water bungalows at the St. Regis Bora Bora), but it's a very beach oriented vacation.  Obviously not the same as Trans-Pacific, but part of the general area.  We also really enjoyed a Hong Kong to Singapore trip, beginning with a land stay in Tokyo.  But hands down the most thrilling, stunning and memorable cruise we've done is an expedition trip to Antarctica.  It so far surpassed anything that I imagined it would be, and it's definitely a trip I want to do again.  We sailed with Silversea on that one, but the Ponant ships look beautiful as well.  But January/February (which are the best times to go) might not work for your schedule.

Keep us posted on your thoughts and, ultimately, where you decide to celebrate the milestone!

Paul

Congratulations, we have just reached 31.  For us, any cruise is a celebration.  It all depends if you prefer visiting ports or prefer sea days.  If on Celebrity, make sure they know you are celebrating an anniversary, they will roll out the Royal treatment !!!  Enjoy

Congrats! Approaching 28 (and 4 legally) here so I know the work you've both put in!

I would like to suggest a Viking Ocean cruise.  We LOVED our transatlantic on them and are trying to work the wallet to do another cruise with them.  Lovely ships, delicious food, restrained atmosphere and NO Kids!!!

Whatever you decide have a great time!

Thank you all so much.  Some great ideas; appreciate your thoughts.  I am a "sea days" guy while he is a "port day" guy.  I'm torn and want it to be fun for both.  Leaving next week on a Southern Caribbean 1 week cruise so we'll see what they have to offer.  Thank you again everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Surfguy - Congratulations on your 30th next year.   I agree with pke-atlanta that a cruise to Antarctica is hands-down the cruise of a lifetime.   Ours was the best trip that we've taken in our 44 years together.   However, if that seems too late in the year or too cold, you might consider one of the most romantic cruises available in the world, French Polynesia on the lovely Paul Gauguin.   The ship was built specifically for French Polynesia and can enter many shallow bays that larger ships cannot.  The food and service are marvelous; and French Polynesia is like Hawaii must have been 60 years ago before they built high-rise hotels.   Not to mention, the young Polynesian men with gorgeous tattoos add a particularly delightful aspect to the visual part of the trip.  

Again, thank you everyone.  We've decided to do a 19 night Transpacific leaving from Honolulu which actually ends in Sydney on our actual anniversary, 10/20/2019.  So, as it is our special day, why not also do a 9 night B2B

🙂 ,  We figured that for 30 nights for 30 years is a great way to celebrate.