Lunch suggestions in Barcelona near the port, or taxi to a restaurant?

lljost

Will be in Barcelona for the day on Tuesday, 11/6 from the Crown Princess, and thought lunch somewhere would be nice. Any suggestions on place and local cuisine to try? Appreciate any help!

• 2 weeks later...

As nobody has replied, thought I would mention that you didn't give much info apart from "near the port" and taxi. It is a huge city with hundreds of restaurants.

There is nothing at the port. The port shuttle buses drop off near the foot of Ramblas and a taxi from the port will take you anywhere you want to go, but that depends to an extent on your plans and where you might be in the city when Spanish "lunch" begins around 2pm-2.30pm.

Once you know your plans for the day, you could look at Tripadvisor as you can narrow the search by bring up recommendations for lunch (tick the box) in different areas of the city.

On 10/7/2018 at 3:44 PM, lljost said:

Will be in Barcelona for the day on Tuesday, 11/6 from the Crown Princess, and thought lunch somewhere would be nice. Any suggestions on place and local cuisine to try? Appreciate any help!

So a quick search shows there are about 10,000 restaurants in Barcelona and the immediate area.   None are in the immediate port area so you will need to use a taxi or other transportation to go anywhere from the port (unless you like to hike about 1 1/2 miles from the port).  Can you give us a hint what type of restaurant (and price range) you desire.  Barcelona has everything from Michelin Starred restaurants (that can cost more then a cruise) to the touristy outdoor places on the Ramblas.   Personally I love to seek out great Paella when in Spain, but many of the best restaurants are not open for lunch.

Hank

We really like La Fonda on Escudullers, just off La Rambla.  The line starts forming before they open at 13:00, I think, so get there early if you want to get a table.  Their prices are very reasonable and the food quality is very good.  It is a "chain" or one of several restaurants owned by the same company, and all of them are very good. This one just happens to be pretty near the bottom of La Rambla, so convenient for those who want to stay close to the port area.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lljost said:

Thank you for the reply. I will check Tripadvisor. Do you think there is something within walking distance in the Ramblas area?

The short answer is "yes"!  Lots and lots depending on how far you want to walk.  It is worthwhile walking around in Barcelona.  Get a map and walk in the direction of the Gothic quarter, Barceloneta, La Pedrera, Montjuic.  You will find something.  

• Like 1

Within walking distance of the drop off of blue bus, you have the classic 7 portes (not in Las Ramblas). I've never been in, but I've seen it recommended several times. It's expensive. 

In front of Maremagnum there's the lovely Marítim, where you can eat fresh fish, tapas and rices (very tipycal here). Expensive too.

On the not expensive side, up Las Ramblas to the right there's an arched square, Plaza Real, and there's a restaurant where you can eat well by menu or carte. It's Les quinze nits ( the 15 nights). Daily menu on working days can be about 12 € or 22 €.

6 hours ago, mimi7ccr said:

We really like La Fonda on Escudullers, just off La Rambla.  The line starts forming before they open at 13:00, I think, so get there early if you want to get a table.  Their prices are very reasonable and the food quality is very good.  It is a "chain" or one of several restaurants owned by the same company, and all of them are very good. This one just happens to be pretty near the bottom of La Rambla, so convenient for those who want to stay close to the port area.  

Just realised La Fonda and Les Quinze Nits are owned by the same group you mentioned,  Andilana. I've never been in, but photos are lovely.

Love paella!  And yes, since the ship is in port until 11PM we are thinking a late lunch.  Looking at those that have been suggested as well as searching on tripadvisor.  Thank you for your help/suggestions. 

• 3 weeks later...