Constellation suite movement?

MorgansRun

The suites look nice, but most are in the aft of the ship. Is there a lot of shaking/movement in the suites? I’m more sensitive than my husband and he wants to book a suite. We went on Silhouette in Aqua class last time and we were midship and I was fine, but I do remember feeling the movement more in the rstaurants in the aft of the ship. We’re planning on the European cruise in fall 2019.

As most not all suites are on deck 6 aft. We have cruised on Millie, sister ship to Constellation in suite 6132 and 6122. I dont remember shaking/movement. There are S1 suites 6099, 6101, 6100 and 6102 that are more center.

Reactions to ship movement are complex - it depends both on the person and the type of sea conditions. Low down, mid-ships is always the best position as there is the least movement there.My husband and I are affected by different types of motion - both different to the norm. I was most affected in the Mediterranean and most often when bending/straightening such as when packing and unpacking. My husband when no one else on board is affected - I cannot work out the conditions that affect him!

I am more affected by vibration and cannot happily eat on the lower deck of M-class ships but do not feel it on deck 6.

Having said that, we have sailed in both the PHs (rear-most suites) and RSs (forward-most suites) on M-class ships on Transatlantics, Transpacific, Mediterranean and Caribbean and not been affected by the motion at all.

However, not all M-class suites are deck 6 aft. If you are still worries, the Celebrity Suites on the M-class ships are mid-ships and most of the Sky suites and not situated in "Suite-Land".

• 2 weeks later...

I have sailed in all of the upper suites (CS and Above) on Constellation.    I've never really realized much in the way of movement and vibrations with the exception of when the ship is berthing.     If really sensitive to movement or vibration you might consider a Celebrity Suite as it is dead center on the ship especially if on deck 6.

The mid ship CS suites would be great for you as long as you don’t mind the fact that the bedroom doesn’t have a window and you do not have any mobility issues (bath has shower over and is high). The living area is great.

We have cruised on Millie and Summit right at the back and only on one night when there was a real storm did I feel any movement. Early Autumn in the Med shouldn’t be too bad but if it gets to end of October/early November it can become more windy.

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've sailed in all the suites on M class ships with the exception of the CS suite.  No problems with motion.  You cannot beat those penthouse suites!  Nothing else like them at sea.

Linda, we love the PH too but when we were cruising in the Caribbean and had a stormy night we did feel the motion...I would happily book them for main season in the Med but would not for an end of season or a TA.

It does, I guess, all come down to home much motion does bother you...

eIt always comes down to how the seas are on that particular cruise, where your cabin is located, and how sensitive you are.  One person's assurance that they didn't feel motion basically doesn't help you a bit.  You are not sailing on the same exact seas, nor does your body react in the same exact way as someone else's.  The facts are, you feel more motion far forward or aft if there is motion to be felt.  Same for higher floors versus lower floors.  It's just the laws of physics.  No one's opinion can change physics.  Whether it bothers you or not is an individual thing. 

It is different for vibration - that can definitely vary by ship as our cruise last year on Eclipse proved (had ALOT of motion in our AQ cabin just aft of the elevators).  It has been my experience that there is some back and forth vibration/shaking very far aft on most ships, and in particular on M class ships.  It can vary by how the ship is hitting the waves, but it is pretty common.  It bothers some people; doesn't bother others.  

Edited by phoenix_dream