Confirmed NCL Cruise Ships That Have Straws October 2018

seemoreroyals

Can we use this as a convenient place to provide up to date information as to which NCL Cruise Ships now have the paper straws? I am sure there are a lot of cruisers like myself that are about to go on a cruise that would like to know if the ship they are going on have the new paper straws. We will be on the Breakaway in November. We have plastic straws to bring just in case but would rather leave them at home.

Can we use this as a convenient place to provide up to date information as to which NCL Cruise Ships now have the paper straws? I am sure there are a lot of cruisers like myself that are about to go on a cruise that would like to know if the ship they are going on have the new paper straws. We will be on the Breakaway in November. We have plastic straws to bring just in case but would rather leave them at home.

hoping this is a sarcastic post

We'll be on the Breakaway over Thanksgiving. I know my kids will want straws, so this would actually be helpful....to know whether I need to hit up Amazon.com before we leave.

Why would this be a sarcastic post? The word is that NCL is in the process of stocking all of their ships with paper straws and I would like to know if in our case the Breakaway has them yet as we will be on her in just over a month. I sure that there are many others that share my concern for their upcoming cruises. If you are not interested and your aim is to troll find some other straw thread to troll on.

• Like 1

We'll be on the Breakaway over Thanksgiving. I know my kids will want straws, so this would actually be helpful....to know whether I need to hit up Amazon.com before we leave.

Thank you. This is an example of someone like ourselves that could benefit if we knew which NCL ships have the paper straws.

I belong to a Facebook group, one of the people in the group just came off the Escape yesterday, they had paper straws.

I’m sailing on the 11/3 Gem, and I would be interested in knowing if the Gem has straws. I think this is a great post. I have extremely sensitive teeth and would need the straws for frozen drinks. I do have a few packs of paper straws ready but I’d rather not carry them around.

Funny. I was thinking the same thing!

Do people actually use straws at home? I not bagging on straw usage, but we never use them and I just can't imagine people needing to plan for a lack of straws on a cruise because they can't enjoy a vacation without them.

That said, I hope all of those who need straws find the very best "top-notch" straws available on your NCL cruises!

Do people actually use straws at home? I not bagging on straw usage, but we never use them and I just can't imagine people needing to plan for a lack of straws on a cruise because they can't enjoy a vacation without them.

That said, I hope all of those who need straws find the very best "top-notch" straws available on your NCL cruises!

I can't keep you from posting non helpful diatribe on here but if you don't have anything positive to contribute go troll someone else's thread. I lot of people use straws for various reasons. If you don't use them good for you.

Many people need straws for various reasons including medical. The paper straws do not provide enough vaccume for many drinks that require a straw, I hope you never need a straw for medical needs.

I am a home straw user. I plan to bring my own in November. I was grateful to the initial thread pointing out that they would no longer be provided and I'm equally grateful to learn in subsequent threads that they are slowly returning.

I can't keep you from posting non helpful diatribe on here but if you don't have anything positive to contribute go troll someone else's thread. I lot of people use straws for various reasons. If you don't use them good for you.

I apologize. I didn't think people with a medical need for straws would be on a cruise.

You have pique my interest in the "various reasons" that people use straws though.

But, as I said before, if you want/need straws on your cruise (for medical reasons or otherwise), I hope you have success finding straws that meet your all of your needs or bringing ones that will meet your needs with you!

I apologize. I didn't think people with a medical need for straws would be on a cruise.

You have pique my interest in the "various reasons" that people use straws though.

But, as I said before, if you want/need straws on your cruise (for medical reasons or otherwise), I hope you have success finding straws that meet your all of your needs or bringing ones that will meet your needs with you!

I use a straw because it helps ease acid reflux. My doctor suggested it and I thought he was nuts. Guess what? It helps...of course, so does avoiding acidic drinks but the acidic ones are my favorite. I even use one in coffee.

Apology accepted. If you go back and read through the various straw threads out there you will probably find 10 -15 valid reasons why people use straws. Back to topic I would like to thank everyone for contributing that have recently gotten off a cruise and those that have had to defend their reasons they use straws. You would think that if one NCL ship had the paper straws they would all have them by now but it sounds like it is still 50/50 at this point. I am still waiting for someone to report who has gotten off the Breakaway the last couple of weeks as that is the ship we are going on in November.

Even if people need straws for "medical reasons", they can use paper or reusable straws. (Frankly, if I truly needed a straw for medical reasons, I would carry one anyway "just in case".)

Saying that you are going to bring plastic ones defeats the purpose.

And while there is still plenty of plastic waste (water bottles, etc.), the movement to eliminate straws is a step in the right direction. Eliminating plastic in our oceans won't happen overnight and it will take a widespread culture and behavior change. However, if you want to continue to use plastic, don't post that on a public forum and expect people not to react because what you are actually saying is "I don't care." (which is the part of your post which is probably rubbing some people the wrong way.)

• Like 4

Lets get rid of those pesky plastic straws, but have plenty of plastic water bottles, Can't make this stuff up

big difference, the plastic straws very easily get blown overboard especially when left in an empty cup that blows over - they look like jellyfish to the sea turtles and other marine animals that make up most of their diet eating jellyfish and they inject the straws. Plastic water bottles while certainly a huge issue do not tend to blow overboard and get eaten

• Like 1

wow second nasty response, you must be a hoot to hang out with