Confirmed NCL Cruise Ships That Have Straws October 2018

seemoreroyals

I use a straw because it helps ease acid reflux. My doctor suggested it and I thought he was nuts. Guess what? It helps...of course, so does avoiding acidic drinks but the acidic ones are my favorite. I even use one in coffee.

OMG I'm going to try this today in my cardonated soda!

Lets get rid of those pesky plastic straws, but have plenty of plastic water bottles, Can't make this stuff up

Water bottles do not fit inside the nostril of aqua life. Like I saw explained last night by an environ mentalist on shark Tank

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use a straw because it helps ease acid reflux. My doctor suggested it and I thought he was nuts. Guess what? It helps...of course, so does avoiding acidic drinks but the acidic ones are my favorite. I even use one in coffee.
Before I had surgery to correct the acid reflux, my doctor told me never to use a straw.

The last time I drank an iced beverage without a straw, I was in high school. My upper lip and the skin above it became extremely chapped and red. I’m not sure how many of you remember high school, but it was no fun for a teenage girl.

I will rob a McDonald’s with a gun before I give up my straws.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to curl up in the fetal position and stroke my hair until these high school memories fade.

• Like 2

It was posted already, but confirming again the paper straws on the Escape in two sizes depending on the drink, long and short!

They didn’t give them automatically for all drinks, but generally for frozen ones it came with one. For non-frozen ones I don’t think we ever got one, but didn’t ask. We brought our own but ended up bringing almost all of them back home.

Can we use this as a convenient place to provide up to date information as to which NCL Cruise Ships now have the paper straws? I am sure there are a lot of cruisers like myself that are about to go on a cruise that would like to know if the ship they are going on have the new paper straws. We will be on the Breakaway in November. We have plastic straws to bring just in case but would rather leave them at home.

Oh good grief. Just bring some straws with you and if you don’t need them you can take them home with you at the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

Wow, people are rude. If there is one thing I've learned on Cruise Critic, it is to never post a specific request for information. People just can't resist posting about how they think the thread is unnecessary.

We'll be on the Sun on Sunday. I think the disposable plastic straw ban is sensible, and I get why people want the ships to stock paper straws ASAP. From a PP, it sounds like the Sun does not have them yet, so we are each bringing an insulated steel cup that comes with a plastic lid and a reusable plastic straw.

Sent from my moto x4 using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

We can confirm that paper straws were given on the Bliss with frozen drinks.  However, I thought they made the drink taste awful (cardboard taste).  I brought my own paper straws on the cruise just in case none were available, and ended up using these instead.  I have no idea what weird cardboard-like substance NCL is using for the straws, but I thought it tasted terrible. YMMV 

4 minutes ago, WitnessProtection said:

We can confirm that paper straws were given on the Bliss with frozen drinks.  However, I thought they made the drink taste awful (cardboard taste).  I brought my own paper straws on the cruise just in case none were available, and ended up using these instead.  I have no idea what weird cardboard-like substance NCL is using for the straws, but I thought it tasted terrible. YMMV 

Good to know!  Will definitely pack my own straws for our Mudslides & BBCs

BREAKAWAY = NO STRAWS!

I didn't have time to read through all of the posts, but we just got back from the Trans-Atlantic cruise and wanted to confirm for the Breakaway.

Incidentally, we knew this ahead of time and brought our own straws.  We were the most popular folks at the bar as we freely shared our paper straws with anyone who asked!  (They are so cheap and easy to pack and carry!)

The severs at dinners almost always noticed and commented about the straws to us, saying what a smart idea it was to research and bring our own.  I could tell they were tired of having to explain the "no straws" policy to diners every day!  HAHA!

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN
  • Like 3

A quick secret regarding the Escape. We just got off the Escape yesterday and though the ship a whole has paper straws for use, there were "Standard" Starbucks plastic straws available for cold coffee drinks in the Atrium Cafe. I saw a couple of people order a cold drink and then just hang onto the straw.