Roll Call underconstruction

3 hours ago, ski ww said:

Why is it that if I'm on the HAL web site under Eurodam, am I seeing topics on other cruise lines & ships??

Allan 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2507531-march-9-2019-28-day-hawaiitahiti/

You are seeing other sailings because the ROLL CALL DROP DOWN TOOL is under construction still.  You can still get to your roll call, but you have to scroll through all of the various sailings on HAL Eurodam until you find it.  See the link I attached.  Is this your sailing?

Edited by AKJonesy

4 hours ago, Wisscon said:

Princesss cruises still under construction as well 😡

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2472847-march-10-2019-sapphire-princess-singapore-to-dubai-rome-london/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-55750381

Is this your Roll Call?  If so, make sure you are signed in, and then bookmark it for now until the Drop Down for Roll Call comes back on line.

CC Laura,

Why are my responses to link people to their Roll Calls showing up at the bottom of the page rather than in line where they posted their question?  SEE POST # 30 as example.  Why didn't this reply show up under WISCONNs original question?  What am I doing wrong?  Or, is this a bug?  Because if I go back now to WISCONNs original comment, it doesn't look like it was answered by me.

Edited by AKJonesy

9 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

CC Laura,

Why are my responses to link people to their Roll Calls showing up at the bottom of the page rather than in line where they posted their question?  SEE POST # 30 as example.  Why didn't this reply show up under WISCONNs original question?  What am I doing wrong?  Or, is this a bug?  Because if I go back now to WISCONNs original comment, it doesn't look like it was answered by me.

Unlike some other places, replies (posts) only show in order of when they were posted.  Not directly under whatever post you may be quoting.

36 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Unlike some other places, replies (posts) only show in order of when they were posted.  Not directly under whatever post you may be quoting.

So what is the chance that those people I was trying to help, will actually see the post?  Maybe I should just send them a message instead?

3 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

No message option here on Cruise Critic.

3 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

No message option here on Cruise Critic.

I guess I don't know what you mean by no message option.  I have messaged CC members in the past. 

Schmoo.JPG

Edited by AKJonesy

8 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

I guess I don't know what you mean by no message option.  I have messaged CC members in the past. 

Schmoo.JPG

The message option was disabled and, as of yesterday, was still disabled.  It may have been up once upon a time but I've not been able to use it in the over 10 years that I've been on CC.

2 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

The message option was disabled and, as of yesterday, was still disabled.  It may have been up once upon a time but I've not been able to use it in the over 10 years that I've been on CC.

Hmmm.  I guess I don't remember the last time I messaged someone, but thought I did.  Interesting then why CC doesn't remove the button from our profile page.  I mean why have the button with no functionality...seems it would just cause confusion.

4 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

Hmmm.  I guess I don't remember the last time I messaged someone, but thought I did.  Interesting then why CC doesn't remove the button from our profile page.  I mean why have the button with no functionality...seems it would just cause confusion.

The option is a default on the site providing the format.  It's not enabled.

56 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

So what is the chance that those people I was trying to help, will actually see the post?  Maybe I should just send them a message instead?

CC has always worked this way.  Person A posts a question, Person B puts up another thought, Person C replies to B, Person D quotes A has always (at least as long as I've been here) shown up as

A

B

C

D

People should know to go back to the thread where they asked the question.  If they don't, they're not really interested in an answer (IMO). 

2 minutes ago, travelling8 said:

Still unable to connect to Celebrity Equinox March 2, 2019 and Celebrity Summit January 14, 2020 roll calls. Both say “Under Construction”. I have had success with two other roll calls.

march 2: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2551716-equinox-march-2-2019/ (it was on the 2nd page)

Jan 14: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2502675-jan-14-2020-san-juan-to-dutch-antilles-caribbean/ (also on 2nd page)

6 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

When I tried to connect with the first link it said I didn’t have permission to view it. I connected with the second link, then returned to the first and both are accessible. Thank you!