Escape Roll Calls Not Up and Running?

Maraprince

Hello, Mara ...

Our roll call is up & running, working again.  Log out, close your browser - might need to clear cache & cookies on the (Chrome) browser. Sign-in, I got prompted to update my profile - only at 50%, a few quick steps & done.  Just posted welcome to 2 new RC members & posted a bit of "news" - should be good.  2 current RC members just posted & they got back in. 

Very much agreed with Luv2Cruz ... forum site is different, all those "buttons" to share/link on the bottom, and, the new "Like" button.  Luv2Cruz ... bon voyvage & have a nice one, bring her back safely and in good working order from Bahamas so that we can sail to wet Bermuda.  Surprised that nobody on our RC doing a B2B.  Please give us a heads-up on anything, including that new Norwegian App.  Regards. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

I am still having a hard time getting to Roll Call (Escape 10/21/18).  It says "Under Construction".  I followed everyone's advice and still nothing.  Oh well, I think I have all the info.  🙂 I will try again tomorrow...maybe it will heal?  LOL! 

Was wondering where you were?😉

23 hours ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

I am still having a hard time getting to Roll Call (Escape 10/21/18).  It says "Under Construction".  I followed everyone's advice and still nothing.  Oh well, I think I have all the info.  🙂 I will try again tomorrow...maybe it will heal?  LOL! 

The roll call finder tool is under construction and not working.  Just go to the list of roll calls and scroll down until you see yours.  That's how we used to have to do it before they came up with the finder tool a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, Katie H said:

The roll call finder tool is under construction and not working.  Just go to the list of roll calls and scroll down until you see yours ... 

Just try to open a Roll Call link using Fire HD tablet's default "Silk Browser" and it's no, no can't do - luckily, mine has Google Play Store & Chrome browser installed so no problems for me.  But, a bigger problem is that the Finder Tool somehow managed to link the search result to our Roll Call with just 3 members, sailing in less than 2 weeks - this isn't good, especially if some of the less tech savvy members are trying to reconnect or come back to CC after a week's downtime, or worst, if they are infrequent CC'ers and not sure what's happened.   

Case in point - Escape 10/21/2018 sailing is fine, it seemed but 10/28/2018 isn't necessary true.  Give it a try to see the results, especially with a mobile/tablet/iPad browser - on a desktop browser, it's easier to scroll & look around ... oh, dear.  This validates some of the posts above that they are having problems finding their "original" roll call. 

Paging "Maraprince" - are you still having issues, please check back in with the rest of us.  Bill & others, the old-timers are fine - post a "hi, I'm here" 

Tips for others, if your Roll Call members and/or organizers have email addresses and/or other alternate contact options, please save it to use, just in case b/c I got those messages myself ... like, what's up with CC all of a sudden.

Anyone else submitted feedback to CC on this for resolution ... cause this is going to be a problem for upcoming sailings if they are aware of it & troubleshoot the root cause, maybe a migration or backup/restore issue.