New Format - New Questions

voljeep

11 minutes ago, blue cow dog said:

has anybody figure out how to change from oldest to newest   to newest to oldest post?  meaning showing the newest post at the beginning instead of the end?

There is a "sort by" option in the top right corner of the thread, to the right of the page numbers.  

Edited by EatonDoolittle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bemis12 said:

It's not all that bad.  All browsers let you place a link on your home screen (or desktop).  It takes you right to CC and whatever forum you linked.

True but it’s not as fast and the font is much smaller when reading and posting using web view. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

True but it’s not as fast and the font is much smaller when reading and posting using web view. 

I used the CC/Tapatalk app to quickly view only my Participated threads which I haven’t been able to locate as being an option on the CC site.

Creating a shortcut to a CC site requires viewing all threads which I do less often so want an app with that option.  All of my viewing is on mobile devices so the majority of the time I prefer to have the option to only view my Participated threads.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody else noticed that most avatars show up fuzzy or is it just on my screen.

Also noticed in settings that there is a lifetime limit on attachments. Now, I only used 1% of my limit but I wonder if it is possible to delete old attachments and if so how to do it.

Theo 

9 minutes ago, Renmar said:

Does anybody else noticed that most avatars show up fuzzy or is it just on my screen.

Also noticed in settings that there is a lifetime limit on attachments. Now, I only used 1% of my limit but I wonder if it is possible to delete old attachments and if so how to do it.Theo 

Thanks, c-boy.  YES, Renmar - mine look that way too.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

7 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Thanks, c-boy.  YES, Renmar - mine look that way too.

Bemis & Pam  look sharp & crisp.    Must use screen moisturizer ?  :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by c-boy

I wish there was an option to change the background color. This white is even more white than the last upgrade.

I am so glad the new Mac OS has a "dark mode" for those of us who are sensitive to "bright whites".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I used the CC/Tapatalk app to quickly view only my Participated threads which I haven’t been able to locate as being an option on the CC site.

Creating a shortcut to a CC site requires viewing all threads which I do less often so want an app with that option.  All of my viewing is on mobile devices so the majority of the time I prefer to have the option to only view my Participated threads.

Navigate to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/ and use that as the shortcut.

8 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Carolyn, do you know why my avatar looks so bad?  It's very out-of-focus.

I don't have a clue honestly.  Mine was as well but I reset it while we were testing the site last week to a new avatar which is clear.  I know those were some of the last things to move over so there must have a few issues with that.  They are still working on a few things.  I'll ask and see if I can find something out.

1 minute ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I don't have a clue honestly.  Mine was as well but I reset it while we were testing the site last week to a new avatar which is clear.  I know those were some of the last things to move over so there must have a few issues with that.  They are still working on a few things.  I'll ask and see if I can find something out.

Okay, thanks so much.  I've tried re-loading it and that didn't help.  😞

2 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Okay, thanks so much.  I've tried re-loading it and that didn't help.  😞

Okay, not a definitive answer from the powers to be but a guess is that the avatars were smaller so even with you reloading, the file size may be too small.  They are going to see if tech team can do anything.

Sorry I couldn't get a definitive answer.  I do know they have been working very hard and working lots of hours to try and make things work well and the transition go smoothly. Hopefully something can be done or maybe you can re work the picture and try uploading it again.  I tried uploading a different picture but it stated the file size was too big. 

• Like 2

I'm getting emails now if somebody replied to my posting. Is there a way to turn this off, I'm getting enough emails already. (found that option also under "notifications").

Also, there used to be a option of previewing your posting (never mind, found the option).

Theo

Edited by Renmar
adding
  • Like 1

@Renmar, at the top of the page, below the cc banner, in the top right you should see a bell icon. Click on it and click Notification Settings (top right). Scroll down below the save button and uncheck all the email options. 

I've had to do this a couple of times. I don't know if that is because they get reset if any changes above the save button are made or if the save button has to be pressed to save the setting changes below the button.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Renmar said:

Also noticed in settings that there is a lifetime limit on attachments. Now, I only used 1% of my limit but I wonder if it is possible to delete old attachments and if so how to do it.

Theo 

Good point, re attachments and lifetime limit.