Will there be a decoder ring for the older posts?

pierces

Up and running. That's a check mark in the plus column.

Images in old posts...it's my hope that there is a setting we don't know about yet or a routine running somewhere parsing the tags to restore them.

I may be overly optimistic.

Sadly, due to cultural ADHD we may have lost half the regular users with a week of inactivity.

Anyway, welcome back!

Dave

Older posts all contain unparsed image links. Tried Edge, Chrome (PC and Mobile versions) IE and Amazon's Silk browsers with the same results. Image links are there but not live (you have to copy and paste in address bar to see) and what's worse, if someone used font and color adjustments in their text, the BBC/HTML code tags are spread through the text making it almost unreadable. It's like remodeling your house with the first stem being burning it down with all your photo albums and documents in it first.

A major oversight in my opinion. Posting history is basically gone and since nothing has been announced, it looks like the policy may be "Oh, well...".

Maybe good news is coming but it would be nice to at least hear something.

Dave

• Like 1

From the Help forum, they do seem to be aware that there are HTML codes showing up in many of the older posts, rather then the text or images.  I think they are working on it.  Fingers crossed all the old photos show up one of these days!

It is HTML but the posting editor seems to be java script. The old BBC (Bulletin Board Code) language is disappearing and the re-do here is one more nail in the coffin.

Won't miss it much.

Dave