New and Improved CC

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I'm pretty sure that (the 1 min delay) was there yesterday when the site first came up.

I can verify that.  At least there isn't the old problem where would click on a thread's post count, which would show you who has contributed to the thread, then if you clicked on the message if would tell you only 1 search per 30 seconds. 

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That is a very clean site on both the phone and desk top. I could work with that. Even the font is readable on my phone.

So what you are saying is forum type sites are going to be web based. I understand that would be the way to go if it is a not for profit site. I can’t see Facebook, and all of my department store, banking, food service apps going web based. My local supermarket has an app that allows me to scan my groceries and use my phone at the self service check out to pay. Everything is already bagged before I pay.

This site is so slow loading your tech site was faster.

Posted painfully using my iPhone.

They chose a theme design here that mirrored the colors and layout of the prior forum to provide some consistency or commonality. The layouts and themes with IPB (the software running the boards now) are customizable. Everyones beloved Tapatalk app is terrible on the backend. Progressive web apps (a website that behaves like an app on mobile) are going to continue to grow. It's only been a day. People will adapt. Or post about their dramatic exit. Either way :classic_blink:

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what problem that was trying to solve.

It prevented a lot of spam/bot posts. I moderate a smaller forum with less users on an older platform and we were getting blasted by spam/bot posts. Most from Russia. 

Since this seems to be the place to try to figure things out, I tried to post a link to another thread earlier and it didn't work.  Figure I will give it a try here.

Edit:  Well, that didn't work.  Is there a trick to posting a link to an existing thread now?  I tried to post a block of text from another thread too and that didn't work either.  I am using Edge.

Edited by reallyitsmema

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I can't find the feature in the last version to see who posted in a thread how many times (used to click on the reply count number)- basically the post whore count in a thread.

Post Whore count, or sometimes, in my case :classic_blush: roll call leader trying to keep the conversations going.   I'll admit every I have the most posts in any roll call I have been involved in since 2008. Our 2013 Allure cruise had over 10,000 posts, but i don't think I had more than 3500 of them. 

1 minute ago, BillOh said:

Post Whore count, or sometimes, in my case :classic_blush: roll call leader trying to keep the conversations going.   I'll admit every I have the most posts in any roll call I have been involved in since 2008. Our 2013 Allure cruise had over 10,000 posts, but i don't think I had more than 3500 of them. 

Bill when is your next cruise. We are in need of one of your reviews. I asked it back when we were all talking in float away but that whole thread went poof once they flipped the switch to the new cc. 😀

• Like 1

Just now, Alter Ego said:

Testing if I can quote multiple pictures. Whew!!  Looks like I still can.  😊

(and, no, I would not normally do that!!)

Of course, in Tapatalk, the full series of photos get hidden.  Now I can see them all (which I would have if I was on my desktop/previous website.)

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Since this seems to be the place to try to figure things out, I tried to post a link to another thread earlier and it didn't work.  Figure I will give it a try here.

Edit:  Well, that didn't work.  Is there a trick to posting a link to an existing thread now?  I tried to post a block of text from another thread too and that didn't work either.  I am using Edge.

Let's see of this works. 

4 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Bill when is your next cruise. We are in need of one of your reviews. I asked it back when we were all talking in float away but that whole thread went poof once they flipped the switch to the new cc. 😀

Thanks for asking, and the sentiment.   While I don't write the best ones, I try to make them at least entertaining.  In 191 days (late April) I will board Symphony out of Miami.  I do enjoy writing the reviews and glad to know some people like them despite my lack of proof reading and not posting compasses and dinner menus.  I also enjoy reading the reviews of others and always say I can get something of value out of all of them. 

3 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Thanks for asking, and the sentiment.   While I don't write the best ones, I try to make them at least entertaining.  In 191 days (late April) I will board Symphony out of Miami.  I do enjoy writing the reviews and glad to know some people like them despite my lack of proof reading and not posting compasses and dinner menus.  I also enjoy reading the reviews of others and always say I can get something of value out of all of them. 

Oh cool. You’ll be on Symphony a couple months after my sailing. I’ll be looking forward to your experience on that beautiful ship.

22 minutes ago, BillOh said:

It prevented a lot of spam/bot posts. I moderate a smaller forum with less users on an older platform and we were getting blasted by spam/bot posts. Most from Russia. 

But wouldn't eliminating the timer make it worse?🤔

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks.  I cleared history and rebooted just to see if that would help, didn't.  I can use Chrome here if I have to, I prefer it but I was having issues with it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2595372-editing-your-signature/

Okay so the only way I could Edge to do it was to paste the link in Word.  Open the this thread and then paste it here.  Edge is seemingly clearing the clipboard (or its modern equivalent)when the thread opens.

Edited by Domino D