ALL things Regal, now that she is back in the Caribbean

Wishing on a star

I know that there is the thread about Ocean Medallion.....  But, I am interested in all things Regal, now that she is back in the Caribbean!

Dining, Bar and beer menus, Shows, Activities/Patters, Retreat pool, Enclave, Spa, Sanctuary.

We are really looking forward to boarding the Regal soon!

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

We aren't sailing until February - but I'm with you on this one - I want to know everything Regal for the next 4 months. This is our 3rd time on her and I'm still obsessed with researching. I really hope they have some of the new menus that we've seen posted on other ships.

We just got off the Regal a few weeks ago (when she returned from Copenhagen) and will be on her again on Nov 1 when she relocated from NYC to Ft Lauderdale.  As has been said, the ship is still in the Northeast and has yet to get down to Florida for its Caribbean season.  Having talked to somebody aboard last week there does not seem to have been any changes during her first couple of weeks in the USA.   The truth is that we we went aboard in Copenhagen (Sept 😎 nothing had changed (***** wise) since we left the ship in December 2017!  The only noticeable change on board was the terrific implementation of the Medallion-Net which is the high speed internet service throughout the ship.  As to the ***** implementation, several crew members expressed similar pessimism as the passengers about when anything will happen on the ship.  They have a lot of work to do given that over 1600 cabins have yet to be modified for the *****....other then the installation of sensors (this was done by November 2017).  

As to entertainment, the main shows were pretty much the same we have seen on other Princess cruises (including the Regal) for the past 2 years.  The reality is that Princess keeps production shows for 3 or more years and frequent cruisers sometimes know the shows better then the casts :).

Hank

6 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

The Regal isn't in the Caribbean right now.  I just got off that ship 3 days ago in NYC -- she's still doing the New England itinerary for a couple more weeks.

I just noticed that in the cruise atlas. Now I have a reason to take a drive to the beach, and take a few shots of her as she sails out.   🙂

4 hours ago, snowmaiden said:

We are on the Regal right now.  I can say that there are definitely not new menus at present.  I also hope that changes soon!

Would love if you wanted to take photos of the menus and post them here!

I think I was forgetting about those Northeastern Fall cruises!

And, now we are hearing about new, VERY early MDR seating times.  So, that is something new, too.

I wonder if the nightly shows and activity times are also being changed up?

We wanted the earliest TD seating, so we would be dining right off the Atrium, more mid-ship,  and wouldn't be so rushed for any other evening shows or activities.  But, now that is WAY to early!!!!

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

We wanted the earliest TD seating, so we would be dining right off the Atrium, more mid-ship,  and wouldn't be so rushed for any other evening shows or activities.  But, now that is WAY to early!!!!

This is why we chose my time dining.

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I think I was forgetting about those Northeastern Fall cruises!

And, now we are hearing about new, VERY early MDR seating times.  So, that is something new, too.

I wonder if the nightly shows and activity times are also being changed up?

Have you changed your dinning time?  We did yesterday.  I went to the 7:15 dinning because I felt the other times were too early.  I did not ATD because if lots of people are thinking that the other times are too early and the 7:15 time get full.  Then ATD will be crowded at the time I would like to eat (I think).  I really don't want to wait with a pager.

3 hours ago, CkCkHunt said:

Would love if you wanted to take photos of the menus and post them here!

I was afraid you’d say that.  We’re on night five and haven’t done it so far, so it might be late to start now!  Honestly, though, I’ve been looking at the menus posted by the dining rooms and then comparing them to these menus from 2016: http://www.cruisetipstv.com/star-princess-menus-download/  The format of the menus has changed a bit, and some of the fish choices are different, but otherwise they are almost exactly the same.  So far we have had nights 1, 3, 7, 8, and 9.

We are boarding her on Sat and have a quick question. We are in a mini suite and I had read a review from CC that mini suites get a complimentary one time mini bar setup. I know it’s included in full suites.  I didn’t see this as an inclusion on the Princess site. Is this true or not?  Inquiring minds want to know.

28 minutes ago, Lynzchat said:

We are boarding her on Sat and have a quick question. We are in a mini suite and I had read a review from CC that mini suites get a complimentary one time mini bar setup. I know it’s included in full suites.  I didn’t see this as an inclusion on the Princess site. Is this true or not?  Inquiring minds want to know.

No comp mini bar setup in a mini.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Did you by chance partake in any internet packages?

If do how was it?

HI --  We got off the Regal 5 days ago. We sailed with friends who are Platinum, and they received free internet for the week. 

Otherwise, there is one internet package, which costs $59.00 per week for unlimited internet.  It worked very well, except for one day when the internet cafe told us that the servers were down.  Otherwise,  the internet service was very fast. -- EBC

Shows and entertainment last week on the Regal were:

A.J. Clarke on the piano in Crooners  -- very talented and fun to listen to

Scott Wyler - Comedian

Bands in the Piazza were:  Excite and Orphea -- great for dancing

They had a rock n' roll dance party in the Piazza where they played oldies from the 50's and 60's - lots of passengers up on the floor doing old dances like The Twist, etc.

Production Shows:

Born to Dance

Fiero

Bravo

Sweet Soul Music

Hope this is helpful -- Enjoy your cruise on the Regal -- she's beautiful. 😍 EBC

Edited by EastBay Cruisers
  • Like 2