Change in Traditional Dining Times?

canadarocks

10 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Were your bookings linked?  That should have prevented the group being broken up.  We have done this on numerous cruises and never had a problem. 

Yup!  That was going to be my first question.  When we travel with friends we always link our reservations so we can dine together.

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Suzyed,

Princess tell you that the late dining time is 7:15 PM  when you get on the ship they change it to 7:45 PM. 😡 

That’s what they did to us on the Caribbean Princess in January .

Tony

Well we will see!  We sail tomorrow on the Crown.  I will report back.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, suzyed said:

Well we will see!  We sail tomorrow on the Crown.  I will report back.  

On the Crown Christmas cruise late dining was at 7:15.  We liked that better than than the old 8 pm or later late traditional time.

• Like 2

Just now, capriccio said:

On the Crown Christmas cruise late dining was at 7:15.  We liked that better than than the old 8 pm or later late traditional time.

I hope it still is kept at 7:15 but we wouldn't mind a small variation such as 7:30-7:45.

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

Wow, that is a shame.  We have no experience with adding folks later on; our groups are linked from the very beginning (and we make reservations usually a year in advance) so there has been no conflict with the requested dining time being full.

Dining are made on the ship just a few days before the start of a cruise.

Adding "linked" passengers up until just a few days before the cruise should not cause any problem.

I was not too happy with the 6pm seating being changed to 5pm. The only thing I see here is, we will change an hour so 5 local will hopefully feel like our normal 6pm... 😕 We figured it was better than doing the later, and always feel like you are rushing to a show or something, when we did anytime at around 7:15. We just waited till they were ready and always had a seat quickly. Hopefully traditional goes well. I kinda missed seeing the same waiter each night. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked my fist Princess cruise, I ask my TA for late seating, in the cruise personalizer says requested 7:15 , confirmed 7:15,  don't know the Shows at the theater at what time are? Previous cruise with X

Edited by gerelmx

53 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

It was 5:30 and 7:45 on the Royal around South America in February & March. All the pre cruise info listed the earlier times, so we were all surprised upon boarding.

I am crossing fingers for that type of "change". I had 6pm and they took that away and now we are at 5, but 5:30 would be great. lol

4 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Just booked my fist Princess cruise, I ask my TA for late seating, in the cruise personalizer says requested 7:15 , confirmed 7:15,  don't know the Shows at the theater at what time are?

Our experience on Royal was that the personalizer was off for everyone.  We couldn't depend on it at all.

• spingal
  • April 11, 2004
  •  
  • 3,253 posts
  • Rancho Mission Viejo CA

I am onboard.  There are three dining times for traditional dining...

Two early seatings....

DaVinci midship on deck 6 is at 5:15pm

Botticelli aft on deck 6 is at 5pm

One late seating....

Botticelli aft on deck 6 is at 7:30pm

This is from someone on the Ruby Princess right now.  A response to question I had on someones live review about dining times as I am boarding her soon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, paul929207 said:

It was 5:30 and 7:45 on the Royal around South America in February & March. All the pre cruise info listed the earlier times, so we were all surprised upon boarding.

I believe it was the same last year.  We used to target arriving 5:45ish if port time allowed.  I think a lot of the departure times would preclude having dinner start at 5:00pm or even 5:15pm as I recall (without going through the itinerary). 

I think it is good that the ships have the flexibility they always had to set times that suit the itinerary or the day. 

20 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Reports from the Sapphire is late is 8 pm so i changed to early. Beware in Europe it is later, from all reports

My Sapphire sailing in October states late dining is 7:15 on the Personalizer.

Just got back from the Crown and it was also 7:15 although most nights the doors opened at 7-7:05.

Edited by suzyed

11 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Just got back from the Crown and it was also 7:15 although most nights the doors opened at 7-7:05.

Thanks so much! 7:15pm is ideal for us..... 7:45pm not so much. Hopefully the Crown will stick to that time next year. 🙂