There's Good News and there's bad news

DYKWIA

40 minutes ago, DYKWIA said:

The good news is the IT team have  left Celebrity, the bad news is they've joined Cruise Critic 

This feels like I'm cooking in someone else's kitchen

Best  post of the day...

but I am using the Help Thread to work through my issues and ignoring all the added stuff  I don't want or need!

Cheers!

I may have missed it but what did they improved on the site and like I said I havent been on CC for a while and when I did today I didnt think I was on the same site.

I agree if it aint broke why fix it? But if they did improve the site would be nice to know what they improved. It may be worth eveyones struggles if we knew what was done.

May lessen the pain of these improvements but Im sure all will be fixed in due time.

5 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I may have missed it but what did they improved on the site and like I said I havent been on CC for a while and when I did today I didnt think I was on the same site.

I agree if it aint broke why fix it? But if they did improve the site would be nice to know what they improved. It may be worth eveyones struggles if we knew what was done.

May lessen the pain of these improvements but Im sure all will be fixed in due time.

Full explanation is posted there...

Edited by paulh84

3 hours ago, cruisin lady ca said:

Has anyone found their roll call yet?  Disappointed that mine appear to be "under construction" - or is it just me?

While the search function isn't working yet,  I was able to get to my roll call via a different (saved) link.  While a little frustrating, I am guessing we will get used to the new site.

3 hours ago, cruisin lady ca said:

Has anyone found their roll call yet?  Disappointed that mine appear to be "under construction" - or is it just me?

Just you. 

You can go directly to a roll call from the link in any earlier email you will have received from that roll call telling you that there  are new posts...

Has anyone figured out how to display the posts in all threads with the most recent on top? I know that I can go to the last page and scroll down, but that's such a waste of time. The old site allowed us to have the posts displayed that was with one simple setting. Also, I can't seem to find the privacy settings in the profile area. I'd like to assume that they remained the same, but we all know what "assume" breaks down to.

8 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

The good news is the IT team have  left Celebrity, the bad news is they've joined Cruise Critic 

Great post and yep, your recipe is in a different language too!

6 hours ago, cruisin lady ca said:

Well I wish ours was under construction.  Instead it is melded with Carnival.  We have a new ship the Carnival Silhouette!  Then you get all the Carnival postings.  Such a terrible mess they have made of my favorite site.

11 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

The celebrity it team has apparently returned to celebrity....when I go to sign in on celebrity’s site, I just get a blank page.  I guess the best way to avoid complaints is to not allow folks to even sign on....clever.

49 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

The celebrity it team has apparently returned to celebrity....when I go to sign in on celebrity’s site, I just get a blank page.  I guess the best way to avoid complaints is to not allow folks to even sign on....clever.

What a terrible mess.   Leaving in 2 weeks and want to get onto Silhouette roll call.   Keeps telling me it is still under construction!!!!!

There seems to be a new ship called Carnival Shilhouette!!!!!     Please put the Cruise Critic site back to how it was.   I had no trouble with it before, now I cannot use it at all.

hapicruisin

19 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

Best post ...  I thought it was just me. I realize I had gotten used to the old format. This is feeling cumbersome.  Machine/computer language is showing up in old posts...I think some of the flexibility is missing. Carnival stuff shows up with Celebrity searches!  

Edited by Fogfog

I found that clearing cookies and cache helped quite a bit with the new Cruise Critic site. That said, it keeps logging me out even though remember me is checked and is showing a bunch of computer code in old posts instead of the images or links that were previously there. 

Try clearing history, cookies and cache, then access the Roll call through an old link if you have one. If not, scroll down the Forums page to Celebrity Meet and Mingle, then choose your ship and hopefully you'll find it in the list. The search for Roll Call function doesn't seem to function yet.

8 hours ago, hapicruisin said:

What a terrible mess.   Leaving in 2 weeks and want to get onto Silhouette roll call.   Keeps telling me it is still under construction!!!!!

There seems to be a new ship called Carnival Shilhouette!!!!!     Please put the Cruise Critic site back to how it was.   I had no trouble with it before, now I cannot use it at all.

hapicruisin

I got that too when I clicked on Silhouette at the top of the page.  Here's what you need to do:  Go to the top of this page where you see a pale grey line starting with home.  Click on Categories.  Then scroll down to Roll calls (quite a ways).  You will find Celebrity Connections (we are the only cruise line with "connections" after the name).  Click on Celebrity and a page similar to the old Roll call one will pop up.  Then just scroll down till you get to Nov 3.  I hope this makes sense to you and that you can find all this stuff since you are in the UK.   See you on board.

I know that I never react well to change, so I need some time to adapt to the new site (I believe it was a complete change of system, so there is no chance of it reverting to how it was). However, it is fair to say that I am not liking things thus far!

• Like 1