Well they’ve done it again

I understand the need to upgrade.

But this doesn’t seem in any way an improvement.

of course some instructions on what has changed and how to use it all may have helped.

Once again the new background is way harsh on the eyes.

• Like 4

I just ask myself. Why was there a need to change. It all seemed pretty good to me previously. I just hope it is not some marketing guru on the prowl again. I have never had any time for marketing gurus. It just seems to be change for the sake of change.

Edited by joybook
correction

Just found another thing I like. If you hover over the thread title you get a pop-up showing a few lines of the first post, more than you saw in the old forum, PLUS there is a tab you can click to see a few lines of the latest post. That could be very handy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Just found another thing I like. If you hover over the thread title you get a pop-up showing a few lines of the first post, more than you saw in the old forum, PLUS there is a tab you can click to see a few lines of the latest post. That could be very handy!

No pop up for me I could not hover.

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I understand the need to upgrade.

But this doesn’t seem in any way an improvement.

of course some instructions on what has changed and how to use it all may have helped.

Once again the new background is way harsh on the eyes.

Treat yourself to a iPad or similar  it’s plain old black on white.I dislike coloured backgrounds in the newspaper not good for my aged eyes.

cheers Carole

1 minute ago, Elorac123 said:

Treat yourself to a iPad or similar  it’s plain old black on white.I dislike coloured backgrounds in the newspaper not good for my aged eyes.

cheers Carole

Is is an iPad, it is the stark amount of white that does me in.

7 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Is is an iPad, it is the stark amount of white that does me in.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Mr GUT. I have eye 'issues' and find the starkness blinding, despite using f.lux on both my phone and computer to make the screen less blue and keeping the screen dim.

I like having more room to see the post I'm writing, but agree it's startlingly white. Makes it hard on these old eyes. And the emojis are small and strange. The first in the list is an angry face?

edit: I keep having to sign back in after I've returned to search the boards? Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by sailco

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Though it takes longer to appear. The old page it seemed it was all loaded together. Whereas now it only loads on rollover. More efficient - but slower on an individual basis.

11 minutes ago, sailco said:

edit: I keep having to sign back in after I've returned to search the boards? Am I doing something wrong?

No, it's logged me out a few times. It's annoying.

Also I can't login at all on my Android phone, I touch the login link and nothing happens.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, it's logged me out a few times. It's annoying.

Also I can't login at all on my Android phone, I touch the login link and nothing happens.

Thanks for the 🛎 how do I turn that off I wonder?

Edited by sailco

4 minutes ago, sailco said:

Thanks for the 🛎 how do I turn that off I wonder?

I checked all the settings and couldn't find anything. However this time I've stayed logged in for over an hour even when I wasn't accessing the site during that time, so maybe they're still adjusting things.

31 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I checked all the settings and couldn't find anything. However this time I've stayed logged in for over an hour even when I wasn't accessing the site during that time, so maybe they're still adjusting things.

Found it. You can disable the bell in Profile, Manage notifications.

10 minutes ago, sailco said:

Found it. You can disable the bell in Profile, Manage notifications.

I finally found it too. I didn't realise there were a whole lot of other settings further down the page. I've turned them all off for the moment. 

Multi-quote didn't work for me either. 

And while I was here I thought I would try to load a photo. Let's see :classic_smile: OK, it worked - never been able to do that before!!

P4023459.JPG

Edited by mr walker
add update
  • Like 1