"Evening Chic" nights on 7 day Caribbean?

KathyL2537

All- sorry if this is out there but really struggling to find things with the new Cruise Critic look and searching takes me all over the place with no useful result 😞  Heading out on Summit 1 December and trying to find out more about this. I understand "evening chic" has replaced formal in terms of dress code, but is the MDR menu generally an upgrade from the usual on those nights ? Does anyone know which nights this will be ? Trying to determine what night to best book Qsine on this trip. Thanks!

Agreed. We did this itinerary on Summit a few years back and that was correct. The menu on those nights are stepped up with the general favorites of prime rib, lamb, steak, lobster etc. with the lobster being served on the second of the evening chic nights.

5 hours ago, KathyL2537 said:

All- sorry if this is out there but really struggling to find things with the new Cruise Critic look and searching takes me all over the place with no useful result 😞  Heading out on Summit 1 December and trying to find out more about this. I understand "evening chic" has replaced formal in terms of dress code, but is the MDR menu generally an upgrade from the usual on those nights ? Does anyone know which nights this will be ? Trying to determine what night to best book Qsine on this trip. Thanks!

I believe Qsine is no longer on the Summit.  A new concept called Le Petit Chef is now being offered and is served in the space that was occupied by Qsine.  Someone who has recently sailed on the Summit may be able to confirm whether or not the change has taken place.  I am sure I’ve also seen a post somewhere with the dates for each ships change-over.

Thanks all! This is exactly what I was looking for. My cruise planner has Qsine as an option on Summit, so assume that the changeover to Le Petit Chef will happen during Summit's drydock in early 2019. We are on Silhouette in May which has Le Petit Chef, but from reading the reviews here, I'm thinking it's not good value for money. 

I had read a recent review stating Qsine was still on the summit a week or so ago.  BUT thing can change quickly.  The last I heard they had not switched over yet.  I was hoping to take advantage of Qsine on our upcoming sailing on the 10 of November.  Keeping my fingers crossed they don't switch it over before our sailing. 

Wendy-

FWIW I just booked our reservation in Qsine (and it was definitely not noted as Petit Chef)  for 5 Dec so expect it will be there during your week.  Any other info /reviews you have on the cruise when you get back would be welcomed- our last Celebrity cruise was 4 years ago and we've done five cruises on other lines since then so my recollections about Celebrity details are somewhat muddled.  My assumption for this itinerary given djkretired's input is that the Evening Chic nights will be the St Kitt's Day and the At Sea day, so confirmation/corrections to that would definitely be appreciated. 

2 hours ago, KathyL2537 said:

Wendy-

FWIW I just booked our reservation in Qsine (and it was definitely not noted as Petit Chef)  for 5 Dec so expect it will be there during your week.  Any other info /reviews you have on the cruise when you get back would be welcomed- our last Celebrity cruise was 4 years ago and we've done five cruises on other lines since then so my recollections about Celebrity details are somewhat muddled.  My assumption for this itinerary given djkretired's input is that the Evening Chic nights will be the St Kitt's Day and the At Sea day, so confirmation/corrections to that would definitely be appreciated. 

There is no way to absolutely know until you get on board but the usual pattern is DAY 2 and DAY 6

4 hours ago, KathyL2537 said:

Thanks all! This is exactly what I was looking for. My cruise planner has Qsine as an option on Summit, so assume that the changeover to Le Petit Chef will happen during Summit's drydock in early 2019. We are on Silhouette in May which has Le Petit Chef, but from reading the reviews here, I'm thinking it's not good value for money. 

You can google Le Petite Chef on YouTube and see the video presentation at the table and decide for yourself. I thought it "cutesy." DH and I prefer an elegant dining experience and dining at our own pace. The Le Petite Chef offers a very limited menu choice at the moment and the presentation is geared around one choice per course. Everyone keeps pace in order for the tableside video to make sense.

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:

You are correct, they never hold Chic nights on the last night.

Thanks to you both- we've done about a dozen cruises and it's been my experience that "formal nights" are often on "at sea" days, so was making that assumption here. But your point makes sense, the last night is when you have to put your luggage out for pickup, so can see why that would be a bad evening to have a formal night.  Will watch for reviews from the 3 and 17 Nov sailings (the alternate weeks have a different itinerary although I would expect the details to be similar) and hope that one of these is not the day I booked Qsine! 

Love the help from this community! 

Don't worry. Qsine generally has openings every night and if the worst happens you should easily be able to reschedule your reservations. On embarkation day check with Guest Services and determine for sure the Evening Chic nights.  If there's a conflict reschedule then. FWIW, I've never seen a formal or now evening chic night held on the last night of the cruise regardless of whether it's a port or sea day.