Missing Peep Hole Cover Solution

link99

6 hours ago, luvscruising2007 said:

I think I am being very dense.  Why the need to cover the peep hole?

I had one missing on a Celebrity solstice cruise. Was very annoying trying to sleep with the bright light shining in at night.

Funny story.

Years ago, we had a training seminar, out of town.  A group of 30 people, mostly guys and 5 women.  One of my friends, (woman) was on the phone with her husband when we were scheduled to go to dinner.  A couple of the guys went to her room to get her to go to dinner.  While she was finishing her phone call with her husband, a couple of the guys unscrewed the peephole and reinstalled it backwards.  She saw them doing it, but didn't give it much thought.  When we returned to the motel, you could see the light shining through the reversed peephole like a spotlight.  Well, when she got into her room, she tried to unscrew the peephole in order to reinstall it correctly, but they had tightened it too much and she could not get it undone. 

Her solution?  She put a Band-Aid over the peephole.  She thought that she had outsmarted the guys.  The next day on the van going to our meeting she was bragging about how she had outsmarted the guys. 

That was fine, but I reminded her that Band-Aids had small perforations in the plastic that allowed the skin to breathe, and, with the peephole, reversed, the guys would be able to still see into her room.  (You really couldn't)

She was shocked,realizing that they might have gotten the best of her.  It  was pretty funny for the rest of the morning as the perpetrators tried to convince her that they had seen it all.  When we got back to the motel that evening, the perpetrators went to her room and reversed it back to normal.  We still laugh about it to this day.

Edited by Hypo

This to me is not funny.  The woman in question probably laughed because years ago this type of sexual harassment was rampant in the work force and we all brushed it off.  Thankfully changes are happening and hopefully things will be different for our daughters today!

• Like 5

I agree with Labmom3.  Definitely NOT funny.  Men don't get it.

In response to the original poster, I always use Post-Its when I travel.  I use them on peep holes in hotels and on cruises.  Should I forget them I have never had anyone at the front desk give me one.  No need for duct tape or magnets.  Cheap and easy peasy to use.  The 3x3 ones work the best.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Peepers have taken pictures and videos threw it from outside the room...

Most peep holes I've seen are so wide angled,  when looking from the outside in its so distorted nothing can be seen anyway. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Teeara said:

I agree with Labmom3.  Definitely NOT funny.  Men don't get it.

In response to the original poster, I always use Post-Its when I travel.  I use them on peep holes in hotels and on cruises.  Should I forget them I have never had anyone at the front desk give me one.  No need for duct tape or magnets.  Cheap and easy peasy to use.  The 3x3 ones work the best.

Great Idea.

22 hours ago, luvscruising2007 said:

I think I am being very dense.  Why the need to cover the peep hole?

I am not worried about someone looking in, believe me.. after one look, they will stop. I am however concerned about how bright the light is from the peephole. I get inside cabins for the pitch blackness, and those peep holes can really be bothersome. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I am not worried about someone looking in, believe me.. after one look, they will stop. I am however concerned about how bright the light is from the peephole. I get inside cabins for the pitch blackness, and those peep holes can really be bothersome. 

Exactly.  It's the light.

Great, now I’m going to have to stand naked in my stateroom facing the door with the lights on.  Any tips on how you know when you’re being recorded?

The bonus will be the loook on my wife’s face when she walks in wondering what the heck I’m doing.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, payitforward said:

After a cruise in April, I went to stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. This was my CLOSED hotel room door at night. The peep hole was the least of my worries. LOL

Door.JPG

That is awful, and embarrassing for Marriott.

1 hour ago, fredflint said:

usually hotel rooms have large gaps in the bottom of the doors too!

Yes! We were on a beach vacation this past summer and the door to our room had at least a good inch and a half gap at the bottom! Plus we were next to the elevators.  First night was very loud, but I started shoving a towel under the door at night and that helped a bit.

Whether I am in a hotel room or a ship cabin, I always stuff a kleenex in the peephole for privacy.  Yeah, I know you see out and other can't see in, ideally.  But I am Seinfelder and The Reverse Peephole episode has me tainted!  Kramer and Newman switched their peeepholes, it could happen.  :classic_dry: