Non refundable deposit

lulurobby

We booked on board in January 2018 for August 2019, we did not take the booking bonus $'s but said put it onto the 2019 cruise, as the booking says non refundable deposit is that the final word,  as now we would like to change the booking, has anyone else managed to do this without losing the already paid deposit., and just move the deposit to the new booking.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually cancelled and rebooked a cruise twice.  I simply called my TA to make the change.  Not only did I receive the same pricing, but I was able to keep a $100.00 referral discount on the booking.  I had booked almost two years in advance.  Two family wedding caused the cancellations.   

On 10/29/2018 at 10:26 AM, Nashna said:

I actually cancelled and rebooked a cruise twice.  I simply called my TA to make the change.  Not only did I receive the same pricing, but I was able to keep a $100.00 referral discount on the booking.  I had booked almost two years in advance.  Two family wedding caused the cancellations.   

For the sake of other readers, I am sure that your TA transferred your reservation to the new cruise rather than cancelling the original cruise. If you actually cancel a cruise, you will lose any associated bonuses such as the on-board booking bonus OBC.

You are correct.  I informed my agent that I needed to cancel due to a family function.  He knew that we wished to sail that itinerary and suggested that we wait to cancel until we had another date to sail.  We booked the new date and two weeks later received the happy news that my niece was getting married on that exact date.  We decided to wait a few months before we re booked for the third time to make sure the new date would work.  Our deposit, referral discount and insurance transferred over to the new booking.