Mmmm....new Updated & " Improved" CC Website...but Is It

janny444

Hi....so we now have this Improved and so called updated website ....but is it? I thought the " old & outdated" worked very well....easy to use....simple to navigate etc.

This one isn't as clear format...text rather pale and small and somehow just not as informative as to who has last posted on a thread.

A possibility could be that I am of an older generation so just don't get the advantages  of this website  over the old style so can someone who is far more " techo" than me please explain the advantages. I can see that it more be easier to add files & photos etc but for me I prefer something that is initially easier to use .

As you can probably guess I am of the mindset " if it ain't broke don't fix it....especially when it worked wonderfully well ....for me

• Like 5

Speaking as someone in their late sixties it's far too 'white' for my eyes. There should be a theme button on the forum as some have it but others don't. It seems this button controls the contrast from the default setting. I like it when forums improve and become more user friendly but I'm at a loss to see how this is

• Like 1

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You can get back to the forum from any thread by clicking the topic listing, which is immediately after the last post.

If you click on the blue button you are taken to the last post in that thread.

4 hours ago, Strawberry field said:

Not fixed for me yet but I'm sure you are right. They will get there in the end 😉

30 minutes ago, Strawberry field said:

The blue bullet button on the first page where you choose which thread to read. It's on the left in front of the thread title.

I think the blue button is only relevant when you use a search feature if, like me, you browse a forum at a time then there is no blue button.  Incidentally SF have you found a way to search "unread" content from a specific forum, when I try this I get posts from the entire CC forum, I find it easier to browse each separate fora I want, mainly P&O and RCI, then I can easily see unread posts because the thread is in bold. 

Whoops just found it, will now try to view the unread content via this method.

Edited by terrierjohn

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, janny444 said:

Hi....so we now have this Improved and so called updated website ....but is it? I thought the " old & outdated" worked very well....easy to use....simple to navigate etc.

This one isn't as clear format...text rather pale and small and somehow just not as informative as to who has last posted on a thread.

A possibility could be that I am of an older generation so just don't get the advantages  of this website  over the old style so can someone who is far more " techo" than me please explain the advantages. I can see that it more be easier to add files & photos etc but for me I prefer something that is initially easier to use .

As you can probably guess I am of the mindset " if it ain't broke don't fix it....especially when it worked wonderfully well ....for me

TOTALLY agree. I thought it was me and have just been saying to hubby that the font isn't very clear and that the blue text is very washed out and not very user / eye friendly. I feel like I am squinting and keep checking the brightness...

• Like 1

It's not toooo bad but very disappointed I can't use the app now :( Thought my phone update was to blame but at least I know now why I can't get in! Would be good if there was a message rather than just saying "wrong password" ! I'm glad I didn't change it now!

Not keen on it so far either. 'Ive had problems with signatures (see mine below), reading lists and quotes where all the sub-text seems to be displayed. Don't like the front either. Have been able to use the app but keeps losing my login details

Edited by tartanexile81

On 10/19/2018 at 5:07 PM, Strawberry field said:

The blue bullet button on the first page where you choose which thread to read. It's on the left in front of the thread title.

Thanks, that's very handy.

I'm not too keen, but the blue button does help......and it is very white!

Hi....I started this thread with the hope that someone could perhaps tell me the advantages of this new updated website over the " old fashioned" style of website. Up to yet there doesn't seem to be any but there must be some....surely.

I for one don't come onto CC as much now because....for me...it is not as " user friendly". Before I was looking a few times a day now it is once a day....if that.

Ah well....we will become used to it....we have no choice... but I long for the old style website