Flight times

basser

I have flown out at 11am on a Saturday during cruise season.  I don't relish it, but it is the only flight that gets me home the same day.  You need to be on the first group off the ship for a bus transfer to the airport, or you can walk off early and try to get a cab or take the sky train.  I was on a bus that left around 8:30, was at the airport at 9:15ish, checked my bags, cleared customs, and was at the gate by 10:30.  

• 2 weeks later...

Today I was told by a Princess rep not to get a flight out of SeaTac before 4pm after debarking....is that your opinion too? We are arriving in Vancouver at 7:30am. The best airline for service to Amarillo is SWA which has no service in Vancouver. After a cruise, I don't relish the idea of another night in a hotel plus the expense of it. Any advice appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

After our ship docked in Civitavecchia (port close to Rome), we did not relish the

idea of spending a night at the airport before flying home. However, if the ship had

docked late or our transfer did not show up on time, then we would have missed our plane.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:42 PM, sunbird51 said:

Today I was told by a Princess rep not to get a flight out of SeaTac before 4pm after debarking....is that your opinion too? We are arriving in Vancouver at 7:30am. The best airline for service to Amarillo is SWA which has no service in Vancouver. After a cruise, I don't relish the idea of another night in a hotel plus the expense of it. Any advice appreciated.

4pm isn't too far off.    It's 3 - 4 hr drive to Seattle and you need to be at the airport 2 hrs prior to departure.

Quick Shuttle offers bus service from Canada Place including a run that goes to SeaTac airport. Some runs make multiple stops so choose carefully.  Here's last summers schedule as a reference:  http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm

Or Alaska Airlines flies between YVR and SEA.   There's also rental car, Greyhound Bus, Bolt Bus, or Amtrak Cascades train.  Just be mindful of their depot locations as you will probably need a taxi at some point to get to the depot or to the airport.