LIVE - Anthem 10/18/18 - We're leafpeepin' ya'll

aring75

23 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I’ll be on that one too!  Right after the 5 night Bermuda cruise preceding it.  I like two week vacations. 

You just never know what the weather will be like or when the color will start.   But the cruise will be wonderful regardless!

Susan

I will also be on the 9/26/19 cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise.  We will be on the Anthem in March 2019.  It will be our second time on her.  Beautiful.  We have a cruise coming in Dec on the Grandeur...we are excited for both.

Looking forward to reading your Live Review.  Enjoy.

Ok. Dinner menu didn’t show up so trying again with the copy from the app. 

i-T7mWXR4-M.png

Crispy Calamari (Just okay. Eat it with the lettuce mix. It has onion and dill in it.)

i-3TSSwpM-M.jpg

Prime Rib with Baked Potato (This was pretty good.)

i-NMgPm7z-M.jpg

Blueberry and Pear Cobbler (Watery. Not great. But it was no sugar added, so expectations were low.)

i-9hHpVZQ-M.jpg

Mark got got the Waldorf Chicken Salad and said it was really good. I will get a better menu pic from now on. 

The North Star holds about15-20 people but is large enough that everyone has a pretty good view. When I made my reservation, only sea days were available. They do have stand-by slots available and I think that you would have more interesting views when the ship is in port. 

i-29KCKjJ-M.jpg

i-4Ckkmrh-M.jpg

Lunch at Johnny Rockets. Prices here are a la carte on Anthem. Milkshakes are included in the drink package. Below are pictures of the Original, an order of 1/2 onion rings 1/2 fries, and a strawberry milkshake. 

i-gWqpMpN-M.jpg

i-Wqjvv4x-M.jpg

Edited by aring75
Spelling

Thank you for your reviews,

I'm really enjoying the reviews you are posting and the beautiful photos.

Question for you, 

We will be on Anthem in 3 weeks.  Since this is a last minute booking we missed out

on booking  a reservations for the Northstar and the Ifly.    Did you book in advance for 

both of these?    Hoping we can get a spot once we are onboard, but not sure of it.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, bangzoom6877 said:

I’m loving your review so far!  Keep enjoying!

i also can’t read the daily planners, too blurry. But I always enjoy ship photos, and of course drink and food photos!

Yes, the menus and Daily Planners need to be at a higher level of pixels so you can read them. But really enjoying your review so far, we're on the Anthem in just 3 weeks!

3 hours ago, Angelsea57 said:

Question for you, 

We will be on Anthem in 3 weeks.  Since this is a last minute booking we missed out

on booking  a reservations for the Northstar and the Ifly.    Did you book in advance for 

both of these?    Hoping we can get a spot once we are onboard, but not sure of it.

Thanks in advance.

When we were on Anthem 8/23/18 sailing, there were many times while at sea, and while in port, the North Star was available.  After the first couple days, there is plenty of openings to go.   Not sure on the Ifly.  We had reservations for both, and went on the North Star an extra time.  Our first time was while at sea, and the 2nd time was while at port in Portland.  Was a better view while in port. 

11 hours ago, Angelsea57 said:

Question for you, 

Thanks in advance.

We did book in advance, but I know for sure that NorthStar had stand-by riders with no reservation. Some of them rode with us.  The RipCord might be a little harder to do stand-by. I would check for a reservation as soon as you board. One of the women who flew with me got hers that way. Hope this helps!

Edited by aring75
Edited because spellcheck hates me

12 hours ago, mahqueen310 said:

Love your photos!  Unfortunately, the Daily Planner is blurry and can not be read. Enjoying your review.

Uh  oh! Sorry about that. I will save them and see if I can scan them when I get home. 😊

I expected the iFly experience to be more, I don’t know, difficult? Nerve-wracking? But I really enjoyed it. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. If you follow the instructions it’s simple. And it’s a blast!

Afterwards, we decided on a small snack to hold us over until dinner. (Okay, to hold us over until before dinner drinks.) We went to Cafe Promenade which gets pretty crowded on a sea day afternoon. Mark tried the “King Arthur” which is basically roast beef with lettuce and tomato. He also got a couple oatmeal cookies. I got two chocolate chip cookies. 

i-2kCjVTW-M.jpg

i-zvL2dXn-M.jpg

Dinner was our first Formal Night. 

i-MqCWzCp-XL.jpg

Started with Lobster Bisque. (This was good, nice flavor but no actual lobster. The way most of the mainstream cruise lines do it.)

i-Kkkbd2S-M.jpg

Next was the Beef Tenderloin. (This was pretty excellent. No complaints whatsoever!)

i-8PPSfpq-M.jpg

Finished with Carrot Cake. (This was light, not your usual dense, rich carrot cake. Still, I liked it. And I think it was nice to end the meal with a lighter dessert.)

i-7RVpQkW-M.jpg

There were a LOT of people dressed for formal night. Not really in tuxedos and gowns, only saw a couple of those. However, the majority of people I saw looked very nice. I was surprised. After reading some recent threads, I wasn’t sure what to expect. It wouldn’t have mattered but it made me feel better about finding the space in the luggage. It’s always back and forth on the formal wear issue when we have to fly (if we have to pay to check a bag). But this time it was nice to do the “get dressed up for dinner” thing. 

Mark liked that it felt cooler than in does in the Caribbean. He didn’t feel like he had to take off his jacket all night. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shamrock Girl said:

I can easily read them.

Yay! I retook the pics and then posted on the highest setting. So I should be able to get them all in here for those of you leaving soon. Thanks for letting me know shamrock girl! 😊

• Like 1