LIVE - Anthem 10/18/18 - We're leafpeepin' ya'll

aring75

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Definitely can read them. What did you do?

I readjusted the settings to post at the highest resolution. It makes the file size quite a bit larger, so I will just have to be sure the internet is being cooperative when I post these pics!! This morning has been good for internet speed. We just docked in Boston so I’m really looking forward to the day. 

16 hours ago, Snowrose said:

Yes, the menus and Daily Planners need to be at a higher level of pixels so you can read them. But really enjoying your review so far, we're on the Anthem in just 3 weeks!

The new daily planners and menus are great.  Can definitely read them.  Thanks!

Does Johny Rockets still do a vegetarian burger? I know they did on the Allure, but I'm not sure about the Anthem. 

Thanks for all the great Anthem info and planners!!

Edited by mivama
added info

58 minutes ago, mivama said:

Does Johny Rockets still do a vegetarian burger? I know they did on the Allure, but I'm not sure about the Anthem. 

Thanks for all the great Anthem info and planners!!

I took some pictures of the menu for you. The glare was really bad (sorry!). I didn’t see a veg option, but when we ordered I didn’t ask either. Hopefully this helps you decide. 

i-bcLxVjt-XL.jpg

i-V579Xb4-XL.jpg

i-PDLbw47-XL.jpg

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

thinking of doing this next year......do you find the inside of the ship crowed?

I think it feels more crowded in the interior spaces than the Oasis class ships do. However, there’s a lot of space available by the pool. We’ve had cooler weather though. Took this picture of the Royal Esplanade. It feels more congested than the Royal Promenade area. 

i-7nkk3hv-L.jpg

I do feel like there are plenty of bars, restaurants, lounge areas to spread the crowd around in the evening. Though some of the more popular areas get crowded. But that will happen on any ship. People congregate where the fun is happening. 😊

HOHO Trolley Boston

i-X43MKcR-L.jpg

If you don’t book through the ship, you will board the trolley outside the cruise terminal at the Olde Town Trolley Booth. That trolley will take you to the main information center (and stop #1) where you start the main loop. The full narrated tour takes around two hours not including stops and you will receive a map telling you what’s at each stop. 

Faneuil Hall & Boston Public Market

i-mLN97Ms-L.jpg

i-5qwfWhR-L.jpg

i-jPDLsjw-L.jpg

i-PnC2jhm-L.jpg

Lunch at the oldest continuously running tavern in the US. Since 1795. The Bell in Hand. 

i-CChddJ8-L.jpg

Draught Beer

i-jv9hK3g-X2.jpg

Cocktail List

i-rGXv6dx-X2.jpg

Pub Menu

i-9sSmH3d-X3.jpg

Yuengling and Sam Adams Boston Brick Red Ale

i-mR6GTW6-L.jpg

Bistro Burger

i-RxXtZDZ-L.jpg

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Beautiful day to be in Boston!  Did you go over to the Charles River and see any of the Head of the Charles Regatta?

No. We did take a Boston Harbor cruise, but it was SO windy. I didn’t think I’d need my gloves because it’s in the high 50s-ish. But the wind is so cold! It’s brutal for this poor Florida girl. My fingers felt frozen by the the time we got off that harbor cruise boat. But, you’re right! It’s been an absolutely gorgeous day. I’ve loved it! We have to come back to spend more time. 

Not sure if you have heard of Holy Donuts in Portland, but they are awesome!  They are made from potato flour and have amazing flavors.  Two Fat Cats Bakery has the best Whoopie Pies if you are into those.  Both of those places are really close to the pier in Portland.

Love the choice of footwear!

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is very windy, it is clearing all the leaves out of my yard and putting them in my neighbors.😄  It is supposed to be much colder tomorrow, I would suggest gloves if you are in Portland tomorrow.

Yes, Portland. And we are taking a downtown walking food and drink sampling tour. Happy about the eating and drinking part. Hoping at least some of it is indoors!

I will definitely take the gloves tomorrow. Thanks!!

All the menus and daily planners are looking great, now. And thank you for saying the iFly was less intimidating than you thought it would be. I'm really excited to be doing it in a few weeks but was feeling intimidated.

1 hour ago, Snowrose said:

All the menus and daily planners are looking great, now. And thank you for saying the iFly was less intimidating than you thought it would be. I'm really excited to be doing it in a few weeks but was feeling intimidated.

Snowrose, it really was great. The ONLY people who didn’t do very well were the ones who didn’t follow the instructions. And even they got through the whole thing, they just needed more support. Do what they tell you to do and you’ll be great! It’s super fun! And you’ll have photographic evidence of your bravery. 😁

• Haha 1

Afternoon snack at Cafe @ 270. Cookies are complementary, coffee is an extra charge or included in the drink package. 

i-JBmXSD4-L.jpg

Complementary Dessert Case

i-D7RjfR7-L.jpg

Coffee Menu - Every Item is included with the deluxe package 

i-9DBqhK8-L.jpg

Edited to add - they will make your coffee drinks with almond milk. I haven’t checked for other non-dairy alternatives, but they do a good job with the almond milk. Just FYI. 

Edited by aring75

I’m glad you are enjoying New England!  Tomorrow while in Portland if you go to Gritty’s Brew Pub my son highly recommends their IPA if you like that kind of beer.  Have a great time and stay warm it is going to be cold tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolie21 said:

I’m glad you are enjoying New England!  Tomorrow while in Portland if you go to Gritty’s Brew Pub my son highly recommends their IPA if you like that kind of beer.  Have a great time and stay warm it is going to be cold tomorrow.

My husband likes a good IPA. Thanks!

Great to follow along!  We're doing the 7-day to Bermuda and Boston in April as well. We haven't figured out what to do in Boston yet.  The HOHO bus looks like a great option.

Even though we're from NE (RI), I went to school in Boston, and we honeymooned in Bar Harbor, we really want to do a NE tour.  It's on the list of cruises to take, just don't know when we'll get around to doing it -- so many other places we want to visit!  

This will be our second time on Allure; have been on Quantum, too.  Love Two70!

• Like 1