St Kitts/Nevis

Ellaleah

Forgive me for going slightly off track. I go with private tour operators most times, but there is one Royal Excursion at St Kitts that I thought was good. It was the Catamaran sail and beach BBQ to Nevis. 

I highly recommend the Rain Forest Safari and beach tour with Greg's Safaris. Make sure you get Greg the owner as your driver, he is wonderful. We drove through a remote part of the island through a rain forest and to an old sugar plantation where we stopped walked and learned about the sugar industry and then had a rum tasting. That was followed up by a beach stop at a private resort beach that had a great bar and the beach was great. I highly recommend this fun excursion. 

https://www.gregsafaris.com/

You can also search the boards for Greg's Safaris in the ports of call and find plenty of info about it also.

Have fun!

Rain Forest 2.jpg

St Kitts Beach.jpg

St Kitts Sugar Plantation.jpg

St. Kitts Rain Forest.jpg

17 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

I highly recommend the Rain Forest Safari and beach tour with Greg's Safaris. Make sure you get Greg the owner as your driver, he is wonderful. We drove through a remote part of the island through a rain forest and to an old sugar plantation where we stopped walked and learned about the sugar industry and then had a rum tasting. That was followed up by a beach stop at a private resort beach that had a great bar and the beach was great. I highly recommend this fun excursion. 

https://www.gregsafaris.com/

You can also search the boards for Greg's Safaris in the ports of call and find plenty of info about it also.

Have fun!

Thanks for that recommendation, I'm off to look at their website.

We did the sugar train excursion a year or two ago, and thought it was quite interesting, fun, and worthwhile.  We booked it through RC.  I believe there was an option with a catamaran sail added on; we did not do that, only the van to get us to the train and back.  Good narration in both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

Forgive me for going slightly off track. I go with private tour operators most times, but there is one Royal Excursion at St Kitts that I thought was good. It was the Catamaran sail and beach BBQ to Nevis. 

Good to hear! We have that booked for our first week of our November/December B2B on Freedom. Thanks!!

If you like history, I would recommend getting over to Brimstone Hill. It has an amazing view of Saint Eustatius across the water and it was just a cool thing to see.

But, I'll admit I'm a history nerd and love those kinds of things. 

We enjoyed the Train a few years ago on our first visit.

Next time we went to Reggae Beach on a ships tour, planning to visit again this year.The journey there is pretty good as well

DSC01222.jpg

DSCN0491.jpeg

DSCN0494.jpeg

Edited by Redrobo

4 hours ago, BillOh said:

Me too!! Nevis is the most beautiful of all the islands I have visited. Links to much history. Absolutely delighted that I can upload an image directly to CC without needing it hosted elsewhere!! Can't preview so hope this actually works!

IMG_0839.JPG

I thought the train was fun to do once but I think it is overpriced and I would not do it again. Also, if this is your first visit to the island you will see mostly back country from the train. You would get more of a historical perspective doing other types of tours. And the Brimstone Hill Fortress is awesome. I would not want to miss seeing it.