7-NIGHT RIVIERAS AND SUNSETS ON THE JOURNEY. Full Trip Report with pix! 9/29/18 - 10/6/18

Sleep7

It took a little over an hour to get to the airport so we had plenty of time to check in and then to file our VAT paperwork.

Very confusing though.. seemed to be 2 different places to have your paperwork stamped depending upon whether you had the goods in your hand luggage or your checked luggage.

Long lines in both areas but they moved pretty quickly.

We spent some time in the Alitalia Lounge.

r2zoH43MQLC10yj%jY3FQA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_506a.jpeg

Ahh.. what a truly AZAMAZING week it was!  We had taken a 4 year break from Azamara and I truly missed it even though we did other fun things on those fall vacations in between.

I felt that this cruise was like coming home to family.  The warm smiles.. the familiarity of the ship and the staff.. the comforting feeling of knowing where everything was and getting into the rhythm of shipboard life the moment we stepped aboard.

I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed this week.. it was truly awesome.

We actually gave a deposit in for next fall which we never had done before.  It was a deal too good to pass up.

So until October 2019 I will just have to go back and read and reread my trip report to get my Azamara fix.

Fond farewell dear readers.. This Rivieras and Sunsets cruise has just sailed off into the sunset.🚢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, martiniking said:

We need a "great!" button!

There is one - it’s the heart at the bottom.

Thanks sleep7, what an informative and interesting review with great photos.

By the way, I think I’ve deleted your old thread as you requested (still finding my way around the moderating functions on this new platform)

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

tompeter.. thanks so much for taking the time to read it.🕰️

cjcruiser27.. aww.. what kind words about looking younger.. thank you you much.💗

martiniking.. thank you so much!🍸

QueenP.. yes agreed. Heike is a beauty inside and out.👸

HostGrandmaCruising.. thank you and thanks so much for deleting the other thread.👌

Literary Lynne.. thank you so much. I think you boarded The Journey just as we were leaving a few years ago.🛳️

Hello again!

Just a few short updates..

Even though the VAT situation was a veritable zoo at FCO, I actually received my refund in the the fastest time ever! 7 days later it showed up on my credit card from Global Blue.

Also.. I was able to find the scene from "French Kiss" that was filmed in the restaurant at the Carlton Intercontinental Hotel in Cannes.

And last but not least.. I bought a bottle of Aperol and have been enjoying Aperol Spritzes at home!

Happy ending.:classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.png.382f2d98607ed8421189a197b39bf7bf.png

nN4atAXmRey%iTfBy4l9xQ.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

• 2 months later...

What a great review! Your photo's are wonderful. Looking forward to reading more. 

So glad you liked lovely Coullioure and the little train. It's one of my favourite places and I'm hoping to go back this year. 

Aperol Spritz is one of my favourite drinks as well. 😄

Hi LottieA!

I'm so happy that cruisequeen4ever resurrected my review and you got to see that your name was mentioned in it.

Sooo glad that you told me about the Little Train to Coullioure.. it gave us a "just right" plan that day.

I hope you get back there soon.. it was a lovely town.

Aperol Spritz in hand of course.🍹

• 4 months later...

Enjoyed your post and pictures.   We are going on a very similar itinerary this coming July 27 called gems of the Mediterranean and I are really looking forward to it having just reviewed your trip report. Thanks!  Darin and Lucie

Hi Darlu!

Oh it's so fun to see my thread resurrected.. bring back such nice memories.

It's a great itinerary.. wishing you a fantastic time on your upcoming cruise in July.😃

Werangels..  So glad you enjoyed the story.. thanks so much for your very sweet comments.😍

• Thanks 1