Skagway shops and restaurants

jtdlmc

Anyone know what approximate time the shops and restaurants are open until in early May?  Thought I read somewhere they have shortened hours early in the season.  Trying to decide on the short or long train/bus excursion but would also like some time to shop and maybe check out the Red Onion Saloon. 

You may want to check on the train schedule if you are thinking of the Carcross train and bus. We don't usually offer that until mid May?

We have three shops open at this time, but around the end of April the other two thousand who do not really live here will start to arrive and by the first of may we will have over 150 shops open including the usual 40 odd jewelry stores who pretty much follow the cruise ships wherever they go, but only in season.

currently we have no jewelry store within one hundred miles of here!?!

welcome to our little town,  whenever you choose to visit.

DD

6 hours ago, dyeadave said:

You may want to check on the train schedule if you are thinking of the Carcross train and bus. We don't usually offer that until mid May?

We have three shops open at this time, but around the end of April the other two thousand who do not really live here will start to arrive and by the first of may we will have over 150 shops open including the usual 40 odd jewelry stores who pretty much follow the cruise ships wherever they go, but only in season.

currently we have no jewelry store within one hundred miles of here!?!

welcome to our little town,  whenever you choose to visit.

DD

Hmmm, Chilkoot Tours is showing it on their website for our date in early May - Yukon Rail and Bus Tour.  I had checked into your Bennett Lake tour as well but when I went to the WPYR site I noticed the train schedule is not available that far in advance but I never thought about how Chilkoot is offering it for booking already.  Guess I need to look into it more.