Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
POA1

Posting Toolbar - Whaddaya See?

Recommended Posts

Number 2 toolbar on an iPad mini sideways

question, is there a way to follow thread without posting to it? When I click the blue “follow” word it just gives me a list of who is following the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

 

Chrome

As soon as I get to the office I'll look up the name of the Chrome developer extension that forces viewport changes. It's used to simulate different devices when you are building websites. It's very stable and used by thousands of people who do web design. It will allow you to toggle to desktop mode. That should give you version 1, the full bar. (And who's not a fan of full bars? :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am presently on the desk top computer -- I can only get size -- no choice of font and color wouldn't take.  It took after I was ready to post.

 

I am rarely on this computer as it it too hard for me to sit here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I am presently on the desk top computer -- I can only get size -- no choice of font and color wouldn't take.  It took after I was ready to post.

 

I am rarely on this computer as it it too hard for me to sit here.

I saw this on the Dell support site for Windows 10.  It might do the trick for you.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/how11767/how-to-change-from-tablet-mode-to-desktop-mode-in-windows-10?lang=en

If this works, it's probably the easiest way to make the change in Win10.  I'll post the Chrome extension instructions next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the Chrome extension I use to force different screen resolutions:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/window-resizer/kkelicaakdanhinjdeammmilcgefonfh?hl=en


Once installed, you'll see a new button on your toolbar that activates the screen sizer. (If you don't see it, click on the menu icon - the three dots or lines on the right. It'll be under there.)

ScreenSizer01.jpg.74f51201420483b831a3404bd692e6a5.jpg

When you press the dropdown, you'll see a list of resolutions. The laptop and desktop ones should give you the full toolbar, assuming you have enough screen real estate.

ScreenSizer02.jpg.93cdaac99c78f44b340abeef91d002c8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Kazu or other iPad users:

If you are using Safari, you should be able to request the desktop version of the site by pressing and holding the refresh button and then selecting "Request Desktop Site."  I don't have an iPad for testing, but it's worth a shot.

26697-38462-request-desktop-site-iPad-re

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, POA1 said:

For Kazu or other iPad users:

If you are using Safari, you should be able to request the desktop version of the site by pressing and holding the refresh button and then selecting "Request Desktop Site."  I don't have an iPad for testing, but it's worth a shot.

26697-38462-request-desktop-site-iPad-re

Thanks Brian.

Got the request desktop site. CC reloaded but as you can see (below), I'm still on number 2.
 

I'll close and restart the Ipad but it made no difference.

Appreciate your help.

 

IMG_4509.thumb.PNG.f0bba12a91a13a2853c618a508768572.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, POA1 said:

I saw this on the Dell support site for Windows 10.  It might do the trick for you.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/how11767/how-to-change-from-tablet-mode-to-desktop-mode-in-windows-10?lang=en

If this works, it's probably the easiest way to make the change in Win10.  I'll post the Chrome extension instructions next.

 

6 hours ago, POA1 said:

For Kazu or other iPad users:

If you are using Safari, you should be able to request the desktop version of the site by pressing and holding the refresh button and then selecting "Request Desktop Site."  I don't have an iPad for testing, but it's worth a shot.

26697-38462-request-desktop-site-iPad-re

Thank you for the information.  Not sure when I can do all this work as I just got more bad news from my doctor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, POA1 said:

Here's the Chrome extension I use to force different screen resolutions:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/window-resizer/kkelicaakdanhinjdeammmilcgefonfh?hl=en


Once installed, you'll see a new button on your toolbar that activates the screen sizer. (If you don't see it, click on the menu icon - the three dots or lines on the right. It'll be under there.)

ScreenSizer01.jpg.74f51201420483b831a3404bd692e6a5.jpg

When you press the dropdown, you'll see a list of resolutions. The laptop and desktop ones should give you the full toolbar, assuming you have enough screen real estate.

ScreenSizer02.jpg.93cdaac99c78f44b340abeef91d002c8.jpg

 

Sorry -- meant to quote this one -- mind is not working well right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

 

Thank you for the information.  Not sure when I can do all this work as I just got more bad news from my doctor.

I am really sorry to hear that Yonnie ❤️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

 

Thank you for the information.  Not sure when I can do all this work as I just got more bad news from my doctor.

 

Awwww no.  Big hugs to you ♥️ KK ♥️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

 

Thank you for the information.  Not sure when I can do all this work as I just got more bad news from my doctor.

 

 

KK, I'm so sorry to hear that.  Hope things get better soon.

 

Ann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

 

Thank you for the information.  Not sure when I can do all this work as I just got more bad news from my doctor.

 

So sorry that you have had bad news. Sending best wishes for improving news.

Take care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 10:05 AM, POA1 said:

Here's the Chrome extension I use to force different screen resolutions:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/window-resizer/kkelicaakdanhinjdeammmilcgefonfh?hl=en


Once installed, you'll see a new button on your toolbar that activates the screen sizer. (If you don't see it, click on the menu icon - the three dots or lines on the right. It'll be under there.)

ScreenSizer01.jpg.74f51201420483b831a3404bd692e6a5.jpg

When you press the dropdown, you'll see a list of resolutions. The laptop and desktop ones should give you the full toolbar, assuming you have enough screen real estate.

ScreenSizer02.jpg.93cdaac99c78f44b340abeef91d002c8.jpg

 

I see that special window -- put nothing will take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

 

I see that special window -- put nothing will take.

Do you see the CSS window when you click on the CSS button? 

 

I'm making this my personal mission to get you a workable CruiseCritic display. You've answered plenty of our questions over the years and it's the least I can do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I got the new bar installed on the tool bar.

 

I don't see a CSS button next to that "window"

Do you see the CSS up at the top right of the browser? Not the little posting box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...