Experience with Travelers Tours Peru?

Sopwith

Booked on Marina next March, from Lima visiting Salaverry, Manta and Esmeraldas.  I'm interested in any experience with Travelers Tours Peru for Lima and Salaverry, likelwise for anything in Manta and Esmeraldas, Equador.

Thanks...

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

the best place to share tours is join the roll call for your cruise

scroll down the list  & look for your sailing date

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/490-marina-roll-calls/

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

sorry misread your post 

just ignore my above post

it is past my bedtime I think LOL

You were on the right track... 😉

TS, you might want to repost in the forum for South America ports (link below).  Might get more responses there.  I actually will be interested in any responses as well, as we are planning a land trip to Peru and Bolivia.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/47-south-america/

8 hours ago, RJ2002 said:

You were on the right track... 😉

TS, you might want to repost in the forum for South America ports (link below).  Might get more responses there.  I actually will be interested in any responses as well, as we are planning a land trip to Peru and Bolivia.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/47-south-america/

We went to Peru this year (land tour) and used Kuoda Travel in Cusco.  It was a fantastic well-planned trip which included Machu Picchu, The Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima.  We had a private driver and guide.  It included all hotels, tours and some meals.  They have been recommended by others on these boards and I also highly recommend them.  I think I first read about them on these boards or on Trip Advisor. They can assist in planning  tours in other parts of South America.  

We did a Lima-NYC cruise in May 2015.  Didn't use the outfit you are asking about!  In fact, I've never seen that name.  (Which doesn't mean much!)

In Manta we used Narwell Ecotours (info.narwell@gmail.com).  In Salaverry we used Trujillo -- I didn't set this one up myself but took over for someone who had to cancel. <reservations@trujillodelperu.com>.

We were happy with both outfits.  They offered a number of tour options.

We did not visit Esmeraldas!

If you are interested in a per-cruise Machu Picchu tour we were a group of six who used Kuoda Travel for a six day tour through Macchu Picchu and etc.  We were delighted with their services and I've seen many positive reports from others here on CC who used them as well.  At the time (2015) from what our guide said they were the only domestic tour agency ... somewhat cheaper but they have might competition from the international groups.  I hadn't known this before but from what he said, I'd always book with the local guys.  They were wonderful.

If you have the time, I do recommend a pre-cruise visit to Macchu Picchu, the Sacred Valley, and the whole area. It's well worth it.  Also, Kuodo drove us right up to the ship on embarkation day after a city tour ... there were LONG LONG lines of people standing in the heat waiting to board.  Lima is known for this problem.  I won't say that it's worth a 6 day tour to avoid standing in line for a few hours, but on the other hand that tour is a wonderful experience.

Mura