Water on the ship

watergurl1125

This maybe a stupid question but I’m going on Norwegian sun ship this weekend trying to figure out about water. Should I buy water bottle from the ship or can I bring a empty water bottle and just full it up on the ship? Is the water save to drink? One of my friend don’t get the drink package and he don’t drink soda so I’m trying to figure out what best for him.

4 minutes ago, watergurl1125 said:

This maybe a stupid question but I’m going on Norwegian sun ship this weekend trying to figure out about water. Should I buy water bottle from the ship or can I bring a empty water bottle and just full it up on the ship? Is the water save to drink? One of my friend don’t get the drink package and he don’t drink soda so I’m trying to figure out what best for him.

Of course the water is safe to drink. 

4 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Many cruise lines will not allow you to refill water bottles from the spout in the buffet.  They provide a water picture, due to cross contamination.  

I am not sure what one would do with a picture of water. 😄

But yes, do not fill from the spout, fill a glass and then pour into your bottle.  One that screws off to a wide mouth will be easier to fill.

Ships water is actually more pure than many bottled waters.

The ship's water is safe.  It's in the food, ice and beverages.  No need for "bottled".  You may get ice water at ANY bar or eating venue....simply ask whenever you want some!  Some folks will bring a refillable bottle to take ashore.  Depending on what we're doing will dictate if we bring water with us.

I drink a lot of water.  I usually buy a six-pack of water to bring on the ship and refill as needed, but I think on Norwegian they don't allow full water bottles to be brought on  at the start of the cruise, so I bring two or three empty ones to refill, or a couple of reusable  ones.

The water is fine on the ship.  I usually refill my bottles in the cabin and store them in the fridge.  They will also leave you a bucket of ice if you want.  Water is also free in all the restaurants, buffet and bars. 

I usually don't refill at the buffet, etc., but it can be done, just not directly from the spigot.  I carry a bottle on shore and also when sunning on the Lido, or other venues.

If you refill the bottle in your cabin, you may find it is not cold. The water out of the tap on a ship tends to be sightly warm. Good idea is to take a few bottles and when you fill them, pop them in the fridge in your cabin then you will have cold water!

Our family is big water drinkers and not soda drinkers (except with pizza have to have soda with pizza:-))  

I drink a lot of water and bring a Yeti cup just refilling it all week long. Getting cups of ice from the buffet or from a bar because I like it cold. My DS likes those water flavor drops so we bring one of those along too.

Since we want water when we go ashore and don't want to deal with a refillable cup  I pack a 6pack of bottled water, if we don't have a drink package that includes it.

They sell bottles of water but since you pay ship prices its expensive much cheaper to pack a few bottles.

13 hours ago, SRF said:

I am not sure what one would do with a picture of water. 😄

But yes, do not fill from the spout, fill a glass and then pour into your bottle.  One that screws off to a wide mouth will be easier to fill.

Ships water is actually more pure than many bottled waters.

I was tired last night.:classic_blush: