Coffee on Divina in the Caribbean at buffet and MDR

ready2cruzagain

We have never been on MSC and was wondering how the coffee on the Divina while in the Caribbean will be.  I cannot stand really strong coffee so usually in the past (on NCL and Carnival whos coffee IMHO tastes like tar) have taken instant coffee with me.  I really don't want to do that again.  I did like the coffee on Princess and Celebrity.

Is MSC's coffee really strong?  I do have the Classic drink package, is there somewhere I can get a decent cup of coffee with that?

Your Classic drink package would include "specialty coffee", which means espresso, lattes, capuccinos etc.  They are available at several bars and at the MDR, but my favourite is the coffee bar ("Caffe Italia" on Divina) on deck 7, midship.

I’m hoping as MSC are an Italian company they will serve decent strong Italian coffee on board all their ships!

I loathe the thin watery brown beverage( not even brewed from real beans!?) that American cruiselines serve. Take your own is my advice. Good job we are all different eh! 😜

25 minutes ago, firstcarib said:

I’m hoping as MSC are an Italian company they will serve decent strong Italian coffee on board all their ships

Certainly they do, as Italian as in a Milan coffee bar, but not for free. The free coffee is what I would call a "thin watery brown beverage" 😉 , but definetely brewed from real beans at least. If you don´t have a drinks package, get yourself the "coffee cuddle" coupon book. Unbelievable good value. 

Thanks everyone!  I will have to write down the names of these coffees. I will wing it and not take my own.  Worse thing that could happen is that I have to substitute an Irish Coffee for a regular coffee in the morning 🤩 I am so ready...30 days and counting until our 32 days on the Divina:classic_tongue:

Edited by ready2cruzagain

On Seaside in March, they had little pouches of instant coffee in the buffet. It was in little drawers where they kept the tea bags, if I remember correctly.  At least with this option you can make it to your own taste. Love it MSC.  Hope you still have this on our cruises in Feb/Mar. 2019.

Tony

27 minutes ago, disneykins said:

On Seaside in March, they had little pouches of instant coffee in the buffet. It was in little drawers where they kept the tea bags, if I remember correctly.  At least with this option you can make it to your own taste. Love it MSC.  Hope you still have this on our cruises in Feb/Mar. 2019.

Tony

OMG! Thank you! That is awesome!:classic_love:

Love Illy coffee-great news-and very glad MSC are keeping to the tradition of good Italian coffee, not the awful watery brown stuff (as passed off as “coffee” in places like Starbucks &served up in huge buckets! ) Hate instant coffee, but nice to know there’s a choice. Will still bring my stash of English tea on board though, I never leave home without some😜We have a drinks package with our deal & have upgraded to the deluxe... so that includes alcohol, all coffees, gelato( yum) & even mini bar. Caffee coretto too-yes please-not sure about the grappa but def will try it with Cointreau. Can’t wait 😊 

Edited by firstcarib
Typos

9 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Thanks everyone!  I will have to write down the names of these coffees. I will wing it and not take my own.  Worse thing that could happen is that I have to substitute an Irish Coffee for a regular coffee in the morning 🤩 I am so ready...30 days and counting until our 32 days on the Divina:classic_tongue:

I can recommend that, on our last morning on our last Divina cruise, to use up a drinks voucher, I ordered a double espresso with a splash of Jim beam. It came in a regular coffee cup and was about 50/50. The waiter even apologised in case it was too strong.

The cafe Doge is also a good bar for coffees