Tapatalk Forum

10 hours ago, just_dont said:

In case it helps, I did a screen grab of the error I'm getting just trying to select Cruise Critic within the Tapatalk app: "Network error, please try again later. (get_config)"Screenshot_20201022-220302.thumb.jpg.e5d5174378717b028a1dd4aace5cdd37.jpg

No issues with any other forums.

Agree. I have been having the same issues on the iPad. Both the TapaTalk and the CC App are incredibly unstable to the point where I have uninstalled both and rely purely on the web based  site ... which is, for me, user unfriendly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Agree. I have been having the same issues on the iPad. Both the TapaTalk and the CC App are incredibly unstable to the point where I have uninstalled both and rely purely on the web based  site ... which is, for me, user unfriendly.

I agree whole-heartedly.

6 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

The apps are not unstable. They have not changed.  The problem is that Cruise Critic made some kind of software change or configuration change on their server that broke the apps interface with the forums. 

• Like 2

“.....  some kind of software change or configuration change on their server that broke the apps interface with the forums. 

which, inherently makes them unstable ... certainly unusable ...  in my opinion.

Either way I can now no longer log in to either CC or TaT. Both throw up different ‘forum errors’.

D53CCC99-30D7-4267-A8C8-FA16D433A6AD.jpeg

52663F44-6FC3-41F6-838A-273BE14B6827.png

Within the last few days the my Cruise Critic Android app has stopped working.  On both a Samsung tablet and a Pixel smartphone it starts up and then crashes.  Sometimes just blinking away, sometimes with an error message "Network error, please try again later. (get_forum | Cruise Critic)".

This is even more aggravating than always having to log in twice to get to my subscribed Holland America forum.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:21 PM, Charles4515 said:

The apps are not unstable. They have not changed.  The problem is that Cruise Critic made some kind of software change or configuration change on their server that broke the apps interface with the forums. 

Just noticed this article about Tapatalk having been removed from the Google Play Store, but they don't know why: https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/10/24/tapatalk-has-been-pulled-from-the-google-play-store/

Perhaps there's some sort of security issue going on.

You know they have had this issue for so long  on and off.  They have posted they are working on it but going back this has almost been a year. I mean a big site like this should be on top of this as they will just lose people to go to other sites.   The mobile app usage i would think would be huge.  

7 hours ago, just_dont said:

Just noticed this article about Tapatalk having been removed from the Google Play Store, but they don't know why: https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/10/24/tapatalk-has-been-pulled-from-the-google-play-store/

Perhaps there's some sort of security issue going on.

The app would still work unless Cruise Critic turned off the plug in on their server. If CC has decided to do that for security reasons it would be respectful for them to announce such.  I am using the iOS version of Tapatalk which is still available on the Apple App Store. I use it for several forums other than Cruise Critic. The app works fine on those other forums. So the issue is caused by Cruise Critic whether on purpose or by their error.