Eastern Caribbean water temp in April

chipdip75

Hi there - thanks for such an informative site! Can anyone tell me what the ocean temperature has been like in the Eastern Caribbean in April?

I live in California and have been craving warm beaches with crystal blue water and soft, white sand. I've been to western Mexico quite a bit and never really found it. I've finally found a cruise that I'd like to try, but I'm worried the ocean water will be too cool for us in April (my husband likes hot temps outside. I like warm water). I've seen a lot of glowing reviews about the water temperature from folks who have cruised similar routes during this time, but most seem to be coming from colder winter climates (East Coast or Midwest). Can anyone give me more thoughts on whether you found the ocean water comfortable in early April or did you have to adjust to the coolness? Would the water definitely be warmer in mid-June?

Many thanks in advance. 

Define Eastern Caribbean for us.  If you are including Bahamas, which are not really Caribbean, it will not be cold, but not have warmed up a lot, either.  The further south you go, the warmer the water will be.   Take a Southern Caribbean cruise and you will both be happy.  EM

35 minutes ago, chipdip75 said:

Hi there - thanks for such an informative site! Can anyone tell me what the ocean temperature has been like in the Eastern Caribbean in April?

I live in California and have been craving warm beaches with crystal blue water and soft, white sand. I've been to western Mexico quite a bit and never really found it. I've finally found a cruise that I'd like to try, but I'm worried the ocean water will be too cool for us in April (my husband likes hot temps outside. I like warm water). I've seen a lot of glowing reviews about the water temperature from folks who have cruised similar routes during this time, but most seem to be coming from colder winter climates (East Coast or Midwest). Can anyone give me more thoughts on whether you found the ocean water comfortable in early April or did you have to adjust to the coolness? Would the water definitely be warmer in mid-June?

Many thanks in advance. 

You're from California? Why would you ever go to the Caribbean when you can head to Polynesia. (United has just started flying nonstops at reasonable coach prices).

We’ve visited Eastern Caribbean islands (St. Maarten , St. Lucia and Barbados) over the years between January and April.  The sea water temperatures have been regularly in the low 80’s (80-84 F);  which is about the warmest we get in the summer (south shore of Long Island and Cape Cod).  Depending upon what you are used to, you should be comfortable.

If you are actually IN the Caribbean, the water will feel heated to you...especially if you're used to the W. Coast of the continent!

April in the Atlantic (which includes Bermuda and Bahamas)  is still chilly...about 72 degrees or so......  I like when the water temps are in the 80's!  Folks from the north, however, seem to have NO issue, even when the water temps are in the low 70's!