Big sale, 20 percent off excursions, not!

AnJ

So I get an email today for a big five day sale going on for certain excursions.  Ok, I’ll bight, there’s an excursion I’ve been eyeing for my upcoming cruise, let’s check it out. Well I’ll be, instead of 20 percent less, they raised the price.  It was originally listed as $169 and now it’s listed at $189. So, it’s really not 20 off it’s more like 10.  Okay, you say, but here’s the kicker, this particular tour is not eligible for the 20 percent off sale! Nice X!

I don’t see the discount anywhere. Last time they had this sale it clearly posted the 20% off price.   It also said upgrade your drink package but my package doesn’t show anywhere on my reservation so I can’t do that either.  

Just looked at the email I got. It clearly says UP TO 20% off, and SELECT excursions. My email says nothing about beverage packages. I was able to get discounted prices on several (not all) excursions the last time they had one of these.  This time nada.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.

And FWIW,  I've noticed that the regular price for quite a few of the ship excursions has risen since we first booked a year ago. But so have the cabin prices.

Yep, I looked too--gave up after it was obvious that if there are actually any excursions at 20% off, they are few and far between.  I didn't find one.

I guess that's why we have booked private excursions on 5 of our 6 ports in Nov. and will be doing the same for the sixth port.  We actually haven't done a ship tour in about 10 years and won't unless there is nothing else feasible.

I touched the link in the email advertising 20% off upgrade from classic to deluxe beverage package. It took me to the the exact spot on my cruise planner to buy this. It was indeed 20% off. (I first tried to just go to the cruise planner and couldn’t see where to upgrade.)

i also had no luck finding any actual excursion sales!

10 minutes ago, busymom_ot said:

I touched the link in the email advertising 20% off upgrade from classic to deluxe beverage package. It took me to the the exact spot on my cruise planner to buy this. It was indeed 20% off. (I first tried to just go to the cruise planner and couldn’t see where to upgrade.)

i also had no luck finding any actual excursion sales!

I also used the link in the ema but that didn’t work.   😞

My experience has been that shore excursion prices on Celebrity (and other cruise lines) tend to go up as the cruise gets closer.  So OP's feeling that this is a fake sale may be wrong.  When the sale is over, check to see if the price goes back down -- my guess is that it won't.

9 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We're on Edge Sept '19. Using OBC I booked 4 excursions in March. Thought I'd check today to see if there were any "deals". No surprise that what I'd booked.....even with the 20% discount.....were higher than what I'd paid in March. Not much of a sale IMHO. 

s - most all prices for The Edge has been steadily rising over the last few months.. most notably has been the 'Behind The Scenes' and dining packages....

bon voyage

Due to the sale, I did get the upgrade from Classic drink package to Premium for 20% off.  I haven't found any excursions at a discount, though.  The sale back in March (I think it was) was definitely better, but our cruise is barely over a month away.  I haven't checked out the 2019 and 2020 cruises yet, so I can't say if it's just too close to sailaway or not.

I think it's best to get the excursion booklet printed out at the earliest possible moment and then compare prices to that.  That's probably the best indicator on pricing.