Quick Oosterdam Question......

Takes Notes

I haven't been on the Oosterdam in several years. Can anyone who has been on recently tell me the status of the library? How much of it remains? I'm doing the TA Crossing next week and I'm trying to figure out how many books to take. Thanks!!!

We spent the month of August on the Oosterdam … no library.  Some ridiculous fancy shelves up in the Crow's Nest, taking up space & blocking some views, with some knick knacks and a very few "coffee table" books placed here & there … 

We are also on the TA next week.  I too am figuring out how many books to take.  DH prefers a reader, but I still like paper books.  We were on the Westerdam in April and there was a bit of a book exchange going on so maybe something like that will take place on the TA.   

Those who treasure cruise ship libraries need to adjust to the new norm :(.  For us it has been a reluctant embracing of Kindles.  Our Kindles have over 100 unread books so we have lots of choice.  We used to pack nearly half a suitcase with paperbacks for our long trips but now we just carry our small lightweight Kindles.  And they work in bright sunlight, in the dark, etc.  If they get splashed with a few drops of water near a pool there is no harm.   

We understand that changing to electronic media is a tough for some folks as changing from horse and buggies to automobiles.  But it is what it is.

Hank

Thank you, Hank, Roses, and Lady Chew. I have not quite mate it into the 21st century, so I guess about 4 good sized paperbacks will do it for me.  Look forward to meeting you, Roses. I love the Shaw Festival and like biking on the Niagara Parkway even more. I'm from Cleveland, OH.